Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/253.8/160

Height: 5'2

Default NSV and Worldwide Day of Giving

Ok So I have been walking 3 miles a day ..flat land lol .. I started Walking with two friends of mine the other day we found out we all plan to walk the half marathon lol Well today they picked where we were walking it ended up being a local park .. well this park has hills and I am not talking lil baby hills but damn thats a hill kinda hill and more then one of em .. I would say 3 a lap and we did 4 laps that ended up being 3 miles .. I am damn pround of myself I saw that first hill and thought I cant do this but I did and I can

Now for part two of this post I wanted to share something I did and wrote with you ladies in a short period of time I Have come to respect what you think and you matter to me and this mattered to me so I wanted to share with you ..

I read a blog called Year of Giving http://yearofgiving.wordpress.com/ Its about a man who is giving 10 dollars a day to a random person for a year . His name is Reed and he choose today as Worldwide Day of Giving to give his readers a chance to feel what he feels as goes thru the year .. I decided that I needed to be a part of this day so this is my experience today ...

Quote:
Today started like any other day but something felt different .. on the bus on the way to work it hit me . Today was Reed's day of giving , I give thru out the year in different ways but I really wanted to be part of this day . Well I work in Downtown Columbus Ohio and I have for many years so I know lots of people so it was very hard for me to find someone to share with before I headed home . On the bus ride home I saw a couple of people but it just was not right for me . So I get home and I decide that when I take my evening walk I will take the 10 with me I walk 3 miles I am sure I can find a person in 3 miles . I was talking to my mom and she said since she was not going out today that I should take her 10 with me , so now I have 20 to give away . I have started walking with two friends of mine and they called and wanted to go to a local park and walk . I figure I can still find someone at the park so out the door I head with my 20 bucks tucked away save and sound . Now mind you had I know this walking path had so many hills I might not have gone . After making 4 laps around the park as we were walking to the car I told them I would be right back and headed to the shelter house . I had noticed a couple of women sitting at the picnic table and it just felt like I should share with them I don't know why I picked them. I passed a different woman on my way to them I could have stopped and shared with , but I just felt drawn to them. To be honest I was kinda nervous I was not sure how they would react . I just walked up said excuse me and explained about the Worldwide day of giving and Reeds blog and asked them if they would help me . They agreed so I asked for names so I could tell you about them . Miss Terri and Miss Jamie were nice enough to receive the 10 bucks from me .. I thought for just a moment about finding someone else for the other 10 but I just felt like giving it to them was the right thing to do . Miss Terri and Miss Jamie attend Southwest Grace Church and plan to put the money in the offering plate on Sunday . As I walked back to the car I wished I could do this more often but to be honest 10 bucks some days is alot of money to me . I returned to the car and to my friends and explained what I did and why I did it , which led to a discussion of this blog. So now 4 more people know about the wonderfull thing you are doing Reed and maybe someone can be helped thru the Church with the money I gave to the nice ladies at the park

Last edited by Mellington; 06-15-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Good Job on doing the walk! That is awesome!

What Reed is doing reminds me of that movie pay it forward (at least i think that is the name). That is so kind of you to do that.

Keep up the good work!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/279/160

Height: 5'7''

such a great feeling when something that used to be daunting is much simpler after working out regularly! congrats on your walk! you should be proud, sounds so intense!!!
I love the concept of worldwide giving day, I'm definitely going to try and do that when I'm financially able to. very cool that you did that

Last edited by sterbear; 06-16-2010 at 03:03 AM.
sterbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/253.8/160

Height: 5'2

Thank you both for your kind words
Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Wonderful!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:16 AM   #6