Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #1  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Red face Introduction

My name is Sarah, and I weigh 275 pounds. Its not my heaviest, but its not far off. I stumbled upon this web site maybe two years ago. I think I even Joined. Back then, I was about 240. I got distracted, as I often do, I let go of my goal and added more pounds and found myself wearing a size 24. A size greater than my age. I'm 23. I'm in my twenties and if I go without make-up and/or having my hair done, I look closer to 30, and its all because of my weight. If my face were smaller there would be no mistaking. In fact, if all of me were smaller there would be no mistaking. No one would look past the fact that I have a fabulous hour-glass figure, beautiful eyes, strong leadership skills, a laugh till you cry sense of humor. Nope, I believe I could shine so much brighter than I already do. Don't get me wrong. The people who know me know me, and some days, I know me. But a stranger can hardly see anything but my size. And I can't see past it either most days.

Today I got back on the wagon I so frequently throw myself from. And it was not easy. I had one of those days, work was horrible, a flat tire, my cell phone appears to be a goner, and I came home to find my boyfriend played hooky from work. A Monster (energy drink) and an entire cheesecake sounded like the best idea coming in the door. But I'm holding on. What I read and saw last night really inspired me.(here on 3FC) So many of you doing it, reaching goals, makes me feel like I can too. Thank you all for your honesty, and openness. You may have had a hand in saving my life.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #2  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

congrats and welcome! Congrats on the first step and welcome to the boards. I know exactly how you feel. it feels like you know all these wonderful things about yourself and those who love you do too but its really hard when at this stage, particularly at this age/that highschool age too, people tend to value looks above all else. I too want to get past my weight hangups. If only, because I'd like to stop blaming other flaw correction on my weight. It seems that sometimes when something is wrong its. "Oh, this wouldn't happen if I wasn't fat. He'd call. She'd be my friend. I'd for sure land a job." I know this isn't true;however, I'd like to stop speculating about it and put that to bed once and for all so the real issues can be addressed. Sorry to derail and anyways, welcome.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #3  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for the encouragement. Just from reading posts and seeing your face a few times I can tell your a supportive girl. And your super pretty too! Thank you again.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #4  

Sometimes I forget that I have more to offer the world than my outside appearance. It sounds like you already have the confidence going for you. Hold onto that and I know you'll meet your goals.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hey, Sarah!

Welcome back to 3fc! It sounds like you've taken a step in the right direction by saying "no" to the Monster (oh how I love you, low carb Monster!) and cheesecake. That's really what it's all about- letting go of all those notions that "I had a bad day so I deserve this" and so on. That's what it's about! I sitll have those battles frequently myself
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #6  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Hi Sarah!!!!

I'm in Mesa, AZ too! And good for you for saying "no" to the cheesecake - little victories like those add up!
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #7  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Hi Sarah!
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote