Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

Default But it's just a haircut!

I've lost 60 pounds since March 2009, and I was feeling pretty good about that lately. So good, that I decided to head to the salon and have my waist-length hair chopped to a boy's length cut, my first haircut in years. I think it flatters my face nicely, makes it look long rather than chubby.

But it does quite the opposite with the rest of me. What yesterday looked like a slim, trim figure to my eyes, well on its way to normal size, now looks horribly pudgy and very obviously obese. How can it make such a difference? Have I killed my fledgling confidence?

I'm trying not to let it bother me too much. I'm exactly the same weight I was before, and I bet it's not as obvious a difference to others. I'll try to concentrate on future progress. Because despite myself, I really like this haircut, no matter what it does to my shape.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I think it your hair being "missing" makes you feel weird. That's a pretty dramatic cut. And once you got the weird glasses on, whatever you look at is going to be weird. Which means now you think your body is weird.

Don't worry about it too much -- you will get acclimated and stop feeling weird.

If it helps, I got my haircut this weekend too. It went from straight shoulder length to a long layers fluffy chin length thing because I was getting too hot to have longer hair.

My weirdness is that I keep seeing me in mirror going "Whoa! I turned into my MOM in her 30's with one haircut! Ack!"

I'll get over it too.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-14-2010 at 08:23 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/253.8/160

Height: 5'2

Just keep reminding yourself you have lost 60 lbs and your a hot sexy moma with a new haircut ....
Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I think that you just need to get used to it. It sounds like a drastic change. Give yourself a little time.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

I actually did the same thing. It's been weeks and while i like my hair now (kinda) i still miss the long hair and there are many a days i thought it made me look fat.

But what occurred to me, is that by letting myself be so depressed and wrapped up in my haircut is saying that my hair was all that I had to offer. we are so much more than our hair styles or cuts! we are awesome women on a mission... you rock that hair cut girl! be proud!
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #6  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

When I ballooned up to 280, I decided to cut off my mid back long beautiful thick blonde hair and dye it black! I thought my long hair looked funny because I was no longer beautiful and thin anymore. I thought it made me look like I was trying to hard to be my old self again. So I cut it all off- up to my chin! I like it at first because it was like I was making a statement..I don't care! Then it started to sink in and I was reaching to the back of my head, feeling for my hair. I cried for what must have been a week straight! I got over it though. I found looks that I liked and I gussied it up a bit! You gotta work with what you have and if you don't like it, give it a few months to grow out. You may just find that it suits you more than you think!

Congrats on 60 lbs by the way. You are my hero!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote