Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 01:56 AM   #1  

Default How do I lose 2 pounds per week....

...without counting calories and totally eliminating carbs?? My goal is to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks/2 pounds per week. Has anyone here ever done this?? Thanks
Old 09-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Renee! Good luck on your goal, though I really don't have any advice. Things kind of depend on how much weight you have to lose, how active you are, etc., and the best source of advice is a doctor or nutritionist. Two pounds a week seems doable if you have a lot to lose, but if only a little, a consistent two pounds per week might be very hard.

I do believe in counting calories because to lose weight you have to take in less calories than you use in daily activities. So to be accurate, I have to count. But Weight Watchers seems to be a very healthy and successful program and it uses a simple point system for keeping track of what you eat and that seems to be easier for a lot of people. You can do it all online now. Maybe that'd be what you're looking for.

P.S. Glad you don't want to totally eliminate carbs, since carbs are the main source of energy for the brain and without any carbs at all, you'd likely get very depressed and possibly very sick and weak eventually. This is just my opinion and not meant to be a comment on low carb eating ... just on NO carb eating!
Old 09-29-2002, 12:26 PM   #3  

Well, I'm 160 pounds. I would like to get down to 140. I'm a 5'3" female. Do you think it's possible like you said to lose a steady 2 lbs per week?? Thanks
Old 09-29-2002, 01:00 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

I personally do think that's a pretty doable goal ... although I'm a bad one to ask just now as I can't lose an ounce and haven't for months!!!! But there are so many variables, weight loss is very hard to predict even if we crunch the numbers just right. The most important thing, I think, is consistency and doing everything in a healthy manner. Good luck!!! Hope you find the support you need on this board, as I'm sure you will (everyone's nice)!!! I hang on the Scary Halloween Challenge Thread, but there are a lot of different groups. See you!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 11:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

As Amarantha said..it's doable...but you have to factor in also unknown variables...I couldn't figger out why I couldn't lose weight and why I kept gaining so quickly...went to my doctors...I have a hereditary carbohydrate intolerance...go to your doctor and get a physical...get checked for any food intolerances and allergies, diabetes, hypo/hyper glycemia, possible thyroid conditions...get checked for everything...and don't forget to exercise exercise exercise...as the Hag o' the Hut says on the Scary Halloween challenge...Hocus Pocus Focus Focus!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:43 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

The others have already given you good advice ~ you really should get the go-ahead from your doc.

But I am curious as to what's the big rush ? You didn't gain the weight 2 pounds a week, and if you lose it very quickly, your body is likely to very quickly hit a plataeu in protest. Also, you know that the pounds are a lot more likely to come right back on when they are lost so fast.

Good luck to you, anyway, with whatever method you choose!
Jana
Closed Thread