Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #1  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Default C25K W1D1 kicked my butt! What about you?

First off, I'd like to get my hellos out of the way. I haven't been on for a few months (I haven't gained much weight in my absence, luckily ) and I'm sure there are a BUNCH of fresh faces here that I haven't met. So, um, HI CHICKIES!

Now for the topic at hand. I did my first day of C25K yesterday... and it destroyed me My walking speed started at 3.0 and I decided it was too easy and went up to 3.5. My running speed was at 5.0.

By the 15 minute mark, I was like whoa! This is as easy as PIE!

By the 20 minute mark, I was tired, annoyed, I had that pain in my side that you get when running, it was hard to breath, and I wanted to throw in the towel. I had to lower my walking back down to 3.0 and I ended up lowering my running down to 4.4. I couldn't run the full 60 seconds after that point, but I think I got to about 40 seconds before I had to slow down to my walk. So I don't feel like I properly did Day 1 as I cheated toward the end.

Now I don't know if I should scrap that Day 1 and redo it again tomorrow, or just learn from my mistakes and move on to Day 2 tomorrow. I'm also really sore (though not in the same way as I expected I would be. I'm more used to the soreness you get from lifting weights, not running!) I'm NOT looking forward to running tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be less sore by then.

Could you guys give me a little advice? Should I move forward? And would you all mind sharing your W1D1 experiences with me? I'd like to know if anyone else had a very hard time. I'm also interested in knowing if and when it gets any easier
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #2  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hi there!

I wouldn't 'scrap' Day 1, after all if you re-do it it will be essentially just doing Day 2.

I say keep going, and if by the time you get done with W1D3 you are still having issues, then perhaps spend a little more time on W1.

I started my C25K on Friday and did Day 2 yesterday. Day 1 was fairly easy for me, but Day 2... whoa! LMAO. Once I got about halfway into the workout I couldn't wait to get to the walking parts ha!

So I guess it depends. Good luck either way! Yaay for us!
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #3  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome (back) to 3FC!

C25K isn't about trying to run as fast as you can, it's about conditioning your body so that you are able to run a 5K. Pace yourself so you can make it through the whole 20 minutes of intervals.

Also, make sure you take a rest day in between each day that you do C25K. Your body needs time to heal and recover. (The C25K plan recommends this.)

And, there is no race to finish C25K. You can repeat weeks as many times as you need to until you're able to compete the intervals and feel confident that you're ready to advance to the next level. I just finished Week 1 for the second time, and I might do it one more time.

Finally, there's a thread where a bunch of us who are doing C25K hang out. You're welcome to come over there with us. (Click here)

Hope that helps...and good luck!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote