Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #1  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Default Cool Runners #1 June Thread

For those of us on the C25K running plan who needs a little motivation and community support, I would like to re-start the cool runners thread. Last time I successfully completely the C25K, these threads where extremely helpful. I felt like no matter what I was going through, someone else understand. So here it is.

The purpose to log in your progress and any questions or problems you might be having with the program.

I will start. I am on W4-D1. It was so hard, I didn't think I was going to make it. Especially the 5 min interval was killing me. Not looking forward to the next one at all, which happens to be tomorrow.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #2  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Just finished W5-D2 for the first time. I think it'll be at least a week of runs at this "day" before I move on to W5-D3 with its 20 minute run, although I was surprised at the fact that I did make it through both of the 8 minute sections. Yeah me!

I'm really loving this program. I actually look forward to exercising, which I never thought I'd say.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #3  
repeat offender

Congrats for making it to week 5. The great thing about this program is that we are constantly surprised at how far we can go. There is nothing wrong with repeating a particular day or even week. But you might want to give it a try, you might surprise yourself again1
Old 06-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #4  
repeat offender

Made it through W4-D2 just barely. Felt good afterwards though, like I beat myself. It really helped to drink water when I was walking!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #5  
calorie counting works!

I have bad knees, and my body is much more comfortable if I stay at each "week" for about three weeks. But I'd much rather be able to keep running for the rest of my life rather than injure myself by doing too much too soon, so I have no problem with taking a bit longer to get through the program! I use the mp3s for C25K at http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html, and I'm really excited about going on to the 8k and 10k versions.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #6  
repeat offender

Knees are tricky, you are smart to go slow and take your time. Running 10k can be a rush, not runner high but still feeling very good. That is what I think about to get going on the treadmill.

I’ve been neglecting my running for the past couple of days. It’s a funny story really. In my quest to find new and fun ways to exercise, I took a beginner kayaking class on Monday evening. We kayaked for a little less than 4 miles. My arms and legs (who would have thought) were very sore afterwards, but functional. However by bed time, my arms felt like there were burning, there were no comfortable position possible to lay them in. I was in so much pain (ok, so I am a baby) I was moaning and crying for hours. Finally I took a bunch of aspirin and then waiting in pain for it to take effect. I didn’t fall asleep until after 3 am in the morning. The next day I had to call in and take a day off. Good thing I got my boss’ voicemail instead of live conversation. Can you imagine how embarrassing that might be?

Anyways, the arms quickly recovered and were fine by Tuesday afternoon. Now when can I get back into that Kayak?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #7  
calorie counting works!

I love kayaking and canoeing, and I haven't been doing enough of either for a long while.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #8  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

In the last 4 and 1/2 weeks, I have "ran" twice (more like jogging). Once was a 5k race I did, the other was a few days b/f, b/c I didn't want to go to the 5k w/o having done SOME running before hand. I was doing so good - jogging 2 - 3 times a week, but then life got in the way.

So I am putting my sneaks back on this afternoon... instead of running on the treadmill at the gym (there is a gym at my work) I am going to change and then go for a run outside.

I was searching online trying to find some running groups... I would like to find some running buddies. So I was thinking = Would anyone here be interested in being a "online running buddy"? We could set a time to run and then come online and check in afterwords? Sounds a little silly, I know. But I thought it could be motivating?
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #9  
repeat offender

Running buddie is a great idea. I am slammed with finals and projects this week. But definitely will be back to running this weekend!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #10  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

We have 2 threads open for C25K. We really should merge them and close one.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #11  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I use djsteveboy too! I really like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji View Post
I have bad knees, and my body is much more comfortable if I stay at each "week" for about three weeks. But I'd much rather be able to keep running for the rest of my life rather than injure myself by doing too much too soon, so I have no problem with taking a bit longer to get through the program! I use the mp3s for C25K at http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html, and I'm really excited about going on to the 8k and 10k versions.
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #12  
repeat offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
We have 2 threads open for C25K. We really should merge them and close one.
Can you post the link for the other one? I didn't see it!

Anyways, an update on my progress. I had tons of finals and projects due this couple of weeks, that I have neglected my running! Horrors! Plus it is so hot in my garage, I get breathless after just 10 minutes! Which is why most is my running is done after 11:00pm at night!

Ok, so this has to change! My last final due this Tuesday night, and then I will be back on the treadmill first thing Wednesday morning!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji View Post
I have bad knees, and my body is much more comfortable if I stay at each "week" for about three weeks. But I'd much rather be able to keep running for the rest of my life rather than injure myself by doing too much too soon, so I have no problem with taking a bit longer to get through the program! I use the mp3s for C25K at djsteveboy.com/intervals.html, and I'm really excited about going on to the 8k and 10k versions.
Oh this is awesome! I've been procrastinating on starting the C25K program because I don't actually have a watch that I could use to keep track of my times while running. So.. thanks for this link!!
LauraLoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to say I finally started the C25K program today! I've sworn off running because I felt I couldn't do it, but I am totally pumped about it now! I used the mp3 from djsteveboy.com/intervals.html and it was great.
LauraLoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #15  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy running! I use the same podcasts and I really like them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLoooo View Post
Just wanted to say I finally started the C25K program today! I've sworn off running because I felt I couldn't do it, but I am totally pumped about it now! I used the mp3 from djsteveboy.com/intervals.html and it was great.
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote