General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/221/125

Height: 5'3

Question YOU on a Diet....

Has anyone read this book/ tried this plan? Its a fairly thick book and i know that might turn some people off (Reading is my ultimate hobby, I LOVE big thick books!) but I was wondering if anyone has tried it and how well it worked out for them? I wanted to simply start calorie counting, but honestly I am too scatterbrained to keep a really good track on everything, and this seems similar but maybe a little simpler so I thought I might try it out first!
smgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #2  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

i actually own it .. and read it a while ago.. its pretty simple stuff.. everything you can find on this website.. I would suggest you rent it from a local library before buying it.. He pretty much tells you about get 30 min of exercise a day... (walking, or whatnot) and eat certain things.. but really its all stuff that you can find for free online! there is one called you being beautiful or something like that i also have it..! that one i liked alot more! good luck!~
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #3  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

I don't like to call what I do a DIET. The word diet implies an end, whereas I'm eating for life I've also found some great books. Geneen Roth is a genius -- she totally, like, GETS me I'm actually a strict calorie counter. Find food that you like with definite portions on the back of the package. If you're a sweets person, try weight watchers/skinny cow ice creams and snacks. Otherwise, you can go with any lean cuisine stuff. If you like to do your own cooking like I do, I'd recommend fitday.com because it tells you how many calories are in a lot if ingrediental food.
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/221/125

Height: 5'3

Thanks! I am actually the kind of person who can eat the same thing over and over so I think if I could find a few things I like that I could stick with that for a while, long enough to get on track and then start adding in new things later on, that I suppose would help with starting off on the calorie counting.
I actually already bought the book, (I am awful about buying things and never really using them, I have most of the Biggest Loser books as well) I am just a sucker for books. Thank you for the replies!!
smgleason is offline   Reply With Quote