Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/158.2/130

Height: 5'1"

Default why does it only take 1 set back for me to spiral?

I have been doing so well since recognizing that I have a problem with binging.
However, last night, it was like all the work I've done over the last week or so was all for nothing. I had a binge, and the only thing I can think that triggered it was that I was alone once the kids were in bed. For once, I had set everything up before bedtime so that once they were down, I could relax. But instead, I immediately went to the pantry. The food amnesia is so bad, I don't even know what I ate.

And, as in the past, I've given myself a mental beating, and am having a hard time gaining control today. It just stinks.
bananasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #2  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Ahww. I have moments like those too.
Just get right back on track and NEVER GIVE UP.

Good luck to you.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/217.1/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemappellesierra View Post
Ahww. I have moments like those too.
Just get right back on track and NEVER GIVE UP.

Good luck to you.
Such great advice. I know I often let slip ups cause me to ruin an entire week. Really we just need to get back on track right away! So we hit a road block doesn't mean we cannot continue on right?!

A friend once put it like this to me....if you accidentally ran over your mailboxes would you continually run it over and over and over or would you put it back up and continue down the driveway the next day like nothing happened. It makes so much sense when you apply it to real life situations, but for some reason when it comes to food...it is just harder
Evee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5'7"

I love the mailbox scenario!! It is so true that those of us that struggle with binge eating have to learn to forgive ourselves. It was a slip-up, it does not define you as a person or your worth....we ALL have moments where we lose sight of the bigger picture and give into the moment.

Like you, I don't always need a major trigger, sometimes the compulsion to binger overshadows any rationality.....but the goal is to forgive yourself and reclaim your focus. You can do this. Leave the binge episode behind you and move forward....I've always said it is very hard to progress in life if we are always looking over our shoulder and focusing on what we've done in the past. Learn from it and march forward!

For me, as long as I continue to beat myself up then in esssence I am setting myself up to continue the binge cycle.... hang in there and be kind to YOU
140bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/158.2/130

Height: 5'1"

I managed to get it under control by dinner time. Today has been much much better.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I love the mailbox analogy!
bananasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/217.1/130

Height: 5'5"

Forgiveness is huge. Sometimes it is so much easier to forgive others than to forgive ourselves!
Evee is offline   Reply With Quote