Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 01:15 PM   #1  

Default Bovine ramblings

I don't have a thing to say, and I'm here anyway.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:25 PM   #2  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I agree Wabby I went and watched DH fish. That is kinda uhmmm boring? Saw fishies jumping or DH said roling. Still was a nice view but boring to me.
Daphne
Old 09-27-2002, 03:32 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Ah, yes

Watching the DH fish. Much like watching paint dry. Or grass grow. Not a bad occupation if it's a nice day and you have a good book and a tasty beverage. We haven't been fishing in years, but I used to go with DH a lot. DD was just a little tot at the time and she used to take naps in the "cuddy cabin" of the boat (nothing but an oversized cubbyhole with cushions). When she wasn't taking naps, she was busy busy busy. Her favorite activity was to play in a bucket of water (well, if you could fit in a bucket of water, wouldn't that be your favorite activity?) Second favorite was to play with the minnows. Once she caught one out of the bait bucket and tossed it overboard. I don't think DH ever forgave her that one.

Well, I think we're going to get the rain from some o' them hurrycanes. Where's Peaches? She should be warning us about them.

Everybody have a good weekend. I have to go out and help the lot surveyor pretty soon. I guess I will get to hold measuring tapes or something. Isn't that exciting? By spring maybe we will have actual house plans and stuff.

Kiwi
Old 09-27-2002, 06:43 PM   #4  

Default OOOOHHHH a new house!!

Kiwi, I will be so jealous, but it couldn't happen to a more deserving woman. I want to see plans! I want to see siding and roofing choices, if I have to live my housebuilding dreams through you, I want details.

I think we may have a mouse in our house. The golden retriever is very interested in the cabinet in the laundryroom lately. He will sit next to it with his nose pressed against the base, sniffing for hours.

As of monday morning, I will be walking w/ a friend again. At 6:30 am. Why does that seems so hard to do, when I did it for several years? I'm getting so lazy in my old age.

DH will be racing for the last time this season tomorrow. I'm going to go give him my moral support. And eat corndogs.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:12 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Good luck

to Mr. Wabbit. And also good luck with the walking. I really need to be doing that, but doggie isn't going anywhere, so I am unmotivated. Maybe I could put a leash on one of my cats and walk her...

We have plenty of 'es. I just started hearing them again in the ceiling the other day. In the fall, they start looking for warmer places to live. I say, get out the mousetraps!! We've also had quite a number on our front steps lately, but ahem, not all of them... ewww. Love those kitties, just wish they would clean up after themselves!

Kiwi
Old 09-28-2002, 04:48 AM   #6  
The magic shrinking cow

Yay, Kiwi, for houseplans!

I like fishing with DH and the boys, but they're more processed oriented and I'm more results oriented. I also don't like catch and release. To me, the only reason to put the fishies through that is if we're gonna eat them. Dh and DS 1 would catch and release all day. Heck, they deliberately fish for non-edible types.

They're going hunting tomorrow. I had to throw a good hissy fit about the basement. (He trashed it when we got the boys' bunk beds and moved all their junque downstairs "temporarily." In July. It's still there. No wonder I'm a messie.) I'm grumpy. I have to clean my bedroom and the public areas this weekend because I've been too tired to do it during the week.

I'm stuck at 182-183 right now. According to Fitday, I should be 180 by now. Argh. But I ran 17 miles this week, the highest-mileage week since the marathon training last year.
Old 09-28-2002, 01:29 PM   #7  
Dysfunctional Queen

Angry No longer locked out

I couldn't get access for the LONGEST time and now, like a miracle, I can! I don't understand this new-fangled technology.

I've been decluttering and cleaning and cleaning and decluttering. House is on the market....no bites yet. Open house tomorrow.

Total chaos with dh and his brothers. No one will take responsibility for their mother, she needs someplace to live while waiting for a spot in a home to open up. She can't come here....the weather will kill her, our house is all stairs and there's no medical care for her! The brother in Mexico City who had PROMISED to take her now is reneging because his wife said no and the wife inWash where she is presently leaving has said that she will leave her husband if her mil stays.

I can't believe them! My dh included! So glad I have 2 girls. Of course if my mil didn't hate her dils all these years, maybe there wouldn't be such aproblem. Shoot me when I get old!

Have to get back to cleaning. Glad I could finally log in again!
love
frappe
Old 09-28-2002, 04:37 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Fruit Salad

Not what I had for lunch, but what I'm reading Hi to Cherry and Berrypie! You may have had trouble getting the forum because of the change in their server. It took me several days to get back in.

Well, I managed to bathe the big ol' hairy dog--quite a trick considering she's standing on 3 legs, and 2 of those aren't all that steady. I got hair everywhere.

Yuucchh on your inlaws, Frappe! At least you can reasonably say it's impossible for you to take up the slack.

Go Cherry -- 17 miles!! I walked about 1/2 mile this week

Kiwi
Old 09-29-2002, 03:34 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Default I'm so old...

...I get a hangover just from watching other people drink.

We were invited to a wedding reception last night. A couple of our neighbours got married secretly in June and I think someone forced them to have a party just so the bride's 40 (count 'em) cousins could have a good time. The party was in the next village over to the left and I think at least 3/4 of the inhabitants were in attendance, including the volunteer fire department. Thank goodness our old neighbours were there as well, otherwise we wouldn't have known anyone. Remember the guy who got run over by the bus? That's them. He can walk again but with crutches and is even allowed to drive. They moved back to former East Germany after the accident and are doing fine but still waiting to build their own house. Anyway, their soon to be 14 yr old son and I had a grand old time talking about computers, Game Boy and whether or not there are piranhas in Canada (Geez, the things teenage boys worry about!)

I looked fabulous, of course, and was overdressed for a change. Hair spray, lipstick, panty hose - the whole deal. Couldn't wait to get it all off when we got home.

Can cigarette smoke give you a cold? Woke up this morning with my eyes glued shut and now I have the sniffles. There was so much smoke you couldn't even see. Bleh. And to think I used to be a party animal.

Hi to everyone! Glad you made it back in, Berrypie! I think the server was down for a couple of days last weekend, wasn't it?

Until tomorrow, darlings (when I will be sleepin' in 'cause there's no school - yay!)

ooh, are these new?

Where's Peachy? I want to hear about volunteering at school.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:15 AM   #10  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Just p9pping in to say that the man of my dreams, H9rbie, has written me off with a 5-page letter. The letter discussed the amount of time he spends driving (to work from his home),how ds is first in my life (well,he is my child), how he wants to ride the Orient Express. Not much substance there. I guess he grew tired of me .. can that be possible?

Anyway9, you cowsies are great to have around and Iwon't send you long letters offering you a truck so you can move. Stay here. Moo loudly.

Love you, Peaches

(p.s., Kiwi, are we to understand there are extra men in russia now?)
Old 09-30-2002, 01:08 PM   #11  

Peachers, it is impossible that he grew tired of you. It is entirely possible that he doesn't have a clue about how fortunate he's been to have you in his life. It really burns me up when men (or women) are resentful of children from previous relationships. I mean it's not like you hid DS under a rug until you hooked the man. He knew all along that you have a son.

Frappe pie, I have the same situation here re: parents of spouse. We have had my fil with us for the last 10 years. Fortunately, we have a mobile home (eyesore) next to our home for him to live in, but it really burns me up that out of 9 children, we seem to be the only ones who are responsible for him. Every move we consider has to take into account living quarters for Grandpa Jim. Is the mil really that difficult?

Sugar P, I bet you were a vision of loveliness. It was probably the DH who could barely wait to get it all off! I so seldom wear a skirt that my DH acts like I'm a 20 yr old babe when I do. Ha! It's going to take more than a pair of pantyhose to morph me into that!

Cherry, you are my idol. 17 miles? Wow!

Hi Kiwi, hi brattie, hi Lush, where ever you are.

DH did very well at the races, down to the last 3 rounds when he lost a race. Oh well, I was definitely ready to go home by then anyway. Sitting around all day in the blazing sun can really take it out of you.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:02 PM   #12  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Wabby you are so wonderful. Would you consider having a sex change operation and leaving your dh for me? You can still have the Elvis guy in your life. Whadda you say?
Old 10-01-2002, 07:23 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Default I hear there are still men in Alaska!

Oh, Peachy! This is NOT good. Do you think he forgot to go through his mid-life crisis and is having one now? How can he be jealous of a little teenage boy?? I will never understand men as long as I live.

There is a definite shortage on men in Alaska, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories. There is also a shortage of malls, Winn Dixies and decent hairdressers so forget that.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:53 AM   #14  

Well, Peachers, I have considered plastic surgery, but I think that's carrying it a little too far.

Sugar, you're right about the shortage of men, good hairdressers, and malls in the NW territories. Lucky for me, I've already got a good man, a good hairdresser, and I live 10 minutes away from a good mall. I'm only lacking a Winn-Dixie.

We're still waiting to see if the first ppl who have an offer on our dream property are going to back out of the deal, and our realtor has taken off to Yugoslavia to see the Virgin Mary appear. She'd better put in a few good prayers that we can manage to buy the place.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:52 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

This is my brain :hypno: I had an intense hour at the dentist this morning. I cracked off a big chunk of a back molar Friday night and I had it spackled and grouted today. My heroic dentist had both hands in my mouth trying to get at this thing. So, now that the novocaine has worn off, my poor brain is trying to assimilate the various aches and pains and attempting to read and write at the same time. Obviously I ask too much.

Herbie is completely nuts. He must be, only a lunatic would leave our Peaches in the lurch. Granted the Peachboy might not have been the most appreciative audience for him, but get real, man! He's losing out on a quality woman, here!

I don't see why you couldn't import a nice Russian fella, Peachie. As long as he comes with his own income, that is. Aren't there some nice Navy officers over in Pensacola? That's always a good possibility.

I'm getting soooooo tired I think I will go take a nap.

Kiwi
Closed Thread