Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #1  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Default NSV-- Not sure how long....

I have three wedding rings.

I know. Goofy huh? Well, I was married a month after I had a baby, so my fingers were a pudgy 9. We bought a plain gold band -- for moneys sake, AND because I was promised a beauitful set in my "Real" size after I lost my baby weight. (By the way, this was nearly ten years ago.)

So, 4 months after baby, I am down to 165. Thats pretty close to 'normal' sized for me and me and the hubs go pick out my 'real' set. Which I ended up getting this saphire and diamond 2 ring yellow gold set in a lovely size 6.5.

6 months later-- I am back in my 'fat' ring.

Advance 4 years....

For our fifth anniversary, my husband presents me with a new set in my NEW 'real' size (a nine). Its beautiful white gold with some small diamonds all over it. LOVE this set... but everytime I look in my jewelry box-- that saphire set stares at me.

And now, the point. I have developed a new habit. Five or six times an hour I will have to readjust my wedding rings on my finger... THEY'RE LOOSE!

Maybe, just maybe-- I will be able to wear that saphire band by Christmas... what a WONDERFUL present that would be!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

FANTASTIC!! I can totally relate. I hadn't worn mine in years...finally got it back on Valentine's Day of this year. Oh what a feeling!!

I'm routing for you, girl!! Can't wait to see the pix of that sapphire set on your finger.

Andrea
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #3  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

I know! I am SO EXCITED!

I hadn't even realized I had been swinging my wedding rings back around. I wonder if they still have those 'fitty' things that you can snap on so I can still wear this band until the other fits.

Although I COULD just go ringless for a while, the hubs is already making 'insecure' noises about how I might replace him.... LOL, so THAT may not be the best idea if he suddenly saw that I wasn't wearing my wedding bands anymore. Goofy man!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote