Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down HI, Im new here......

Struggling with Binge eating disorder/ compulsive overeating. I'm going through the "depressed" stage in the cycle right now trying to get myself back into the swing of things and enjoying life again.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a little "hello" . I hope to get to know some of the people here. I'm sure that it wouldn't do me anything but good to be able to talk to "REAL" people suffering from the same thing that I deal with daily.

~T
Old 10-09-2002, 05:26 PM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am right there with you. you sound so much like me.I eat and overeat and am just sick of it.At night as I lay in bed all full and bloated I say "That's it I am going on a diet tomorrow" Of course then I wake up and start all over again. I have been good for 3 days now.It gets easier with each day but all it takes is one bite of something fattening and I'm gone again
Old 10-09-2002, 09:37 PM   #3  

Default Just a question

What exactly do people mean by overeating? What would be an example of binge eating?

Elizabeth
Old 10-11-2002, 01:37 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7

Hi Liz,
I would describe overeating like eating until the point of stuffing yourself. It's like not knowing when to stop or not being able to. Most times it goes beyond satisfying hunger. I struggle with this myself so that's my viewpoint on it. As for binge eating, it's consuming a large amount of food in a short period of time and not knowing how to control it. I hope that explains it decent enough. Mammasita/Angie - I understand what you're saying-especially the depressed stage part and being set off by one "mess up". I've started to treat my overeating problems like an addiction and am still in the process of learning the reasons I do it. It's an unphill battle most days but I know it can be overcome slowly. Keep up your spirits and hang in there!
Old 10-11-2002, 07:24 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thank you RubyBlue!I definately need to overcome the "Oh I already messed up today so I may as well finish the day off eating whatever I want"
Good news is I have made it successfully through my first 4 days with no snacking and after the first few weeks it starts to become "Normal" to me.
I read this in a book but I try to say it to myself everyday..........."Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:41 AM   #6  

Angry Thanks RubyBlue

It is always nice to be acknowledged when you ask a question.

I did so well for so long with drinking water and losing pounds...I never got good at the exercise thing though.

The thing is I found myself slowly starting to take bigger and bigger portions again....and then eating 6-7 cookies in the afternoon or several small halloween choc bars etc.

I link alot of my overeating to feellings of boredom and lonliness....I don't clean my house and I avoid all my friends and family. I do what I have to so that my girls are ready for school but find myself making excuses to my hubby for the state of the house etc.

I don't want to go to work and think about callling in sick the entire day until it is time to go...and I only work very part time right now...I don't ever answer my phone until I hear who it is etc.

I think I am losing my mind.

I know what you all mean about feeling like you blow it so just carry on being destructive until the end of the day....I do it all the time.....I just wish I could crawl in a hole and stay there for a few months....what a terrible thing to wish for....

what a big baby I am...
Have a great weekend everybody!

Elizabeth
Old 10-11-2002, 02:32 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7

Wink I totally understand

To Angie- just wanted to say great job on getting thru those first 4 days! I know how REALLY hard that can be. Keep it up!

Liz- You're not a baby at all! Actually I have to thank you for sharing all that because up until now I thought I was the one losing my mind! I hide too from friends and family- or sometimes just anybody. I get embarrased and ashamed of myself and don't want anyone to see me. I know how destructive that can be, I can't do any work and my family gets upset when I don't want to do anything. I think the thing I hate the most is that it seems like the food has power over me, not the other way around. SO much of the day and what I do depends on what I ate, how I ate it and if I control myself. I'm reading a couple books right now on finidng the source of your overeating and some of them have been pretty enlightening. The fact that you were able to find some control in the past-should give you so much hope! Don't think of this as a failure- you're learning about yourself. That's what it's all about. I'm going through the same thing. Try to stay positive you can do this! And don't even think about crawling into that hole because you can count on me to be there with a flashlight yanking you out! Hang in there!
Old 10-12-2002, 07:47 AM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

liz321 andRubyBlue,

You both sound just like me. I love this websight because I was feeling like I am strange....I eat everything I can eat,I am ALWAYS obsessed with food,I never want to move,I am toatlly humiliated to go out in public because this makes twice I have gotten fat in front of people and I am worried they will talk about me. You all make me feel so much more normal that it helps me ALOT.Thank you for sharing now I know that I am not alone.

When I lost all my weight the first time I was in a zone where it felt so good to be in control of my life for once and I think I am getting it again. I am starting to feel like a human and getting some energy back.

We can do this together!!!Good Luck today... I will think of all your support if I get to tempted and just say no.

Talk to you all later
Angie
Old 10-14-2002, 05:12 AM   #9  

Angry Just say no!

I like that! Thanks Angie!

Take care

Elizabeth
Old 10-14-2002, 03:31 PM   #10  

Unhappy Going threw the same thing

I know just what you meen. I had been takeing diet pills for 2 years and just stoped about 2 weeks ago. The diet pill did actually work for me. I ended up loosing around 30 lbs, but now i'm scard to death of gaining the weight back. You wouldn't be able to tell by the way i eat though. Ever since i stoped taking them it's like all my good eating habits that i did develp all went down the drain. I started binging, and i just don't know what to do anymore. My BF is all kinda concerned about me, & i'm just not happy . If you ever need someone to chat with, just let me know!
Closed Thread