Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #1  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Default Where to Get a Relatively Inexpensive, Non Hideous, Supportive Bra?

Sigh.

Let me just say...I hate bras. I hate bra shopping. I hate wearing them, putting them on, taking them off, looking at them. And I have always ESPECIALLY hated paying so much for something I hated and no one ever saw to begin with.

However. I've lost about 50 pounds now and the boobs are definitely smaller (and saggier...sob) and I think it's about time I just do it already. My cups are half empty.

Thing is...before weight loss, I lived in Lane Bryant...I've only ever bought or owned bras from there. I always assumed I was too big to get them anywhere else (I know that isn't true now). So I paid a lot of money for some rather elaborate bras. I've never once been bra shopping anywhere else. Important factors: doesn't cost more than a tank of gas, is supportive and isn't fake flesh or olive colored.

Help!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #2  

Playtex makes some very pretty support bras for around $20 or less. You can get them at Walmart, Kmart, and department stores.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #3  
Workin' It

Kohl's has good lingerie sales if you have one near you. Also try Ross & TJ Maxx. I've gotten a lot of designer bras for super cheap at TJ Maxx. I got a Le Mystere No. 9 that normally runs for $65 for $9.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #4  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

The Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale is almost here!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! lol
the online version started already, but the stores are going to start mid to late june i hear. I have gotten $50 bras from the sale for $12 in the past, such a good deal! (they have ranging sale prices from 15-30 dollars usually) and all of their stuff is amazing, lasts a long time, good quality, gorgeous, and super supportive, plus they have a huge variety. I have double d's and nothing can hold them up like VS hahahah, good luck!!
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #5  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I have two playtex bras I got from walmart... and I have to say... they are my favorite bras. I hate all my others... but LOVE those. And though one is black and plain... the other has all this black lace all over it... so it's not just the typical plain jane white ugly one.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 161/135/115

Height: 5'3"

I have to second Happyveggie. I've tried a bunch of cheap bras in the past, but now I can't do without my Victoria's Secret biofit bras. They are expensive, but when you have a good amount of boobage (I have Ds) it's SO important to get supportive and comfortable bras. I figure, it's something that I use everyday, so the cost of $40 a bra really goes a long way as opposed to just buying a cheaper bra and hating it/throwing it out sooner.
Halfhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/146/135

Height: 5"1"

I'm with Thicknpretty about bra shopping and the cost. Add to that trying to find one without wires and it becomes near impossible. I've been living in sports bras for the last few years because I refuse to pay more than $15 for a bra. I tried playtex but couldn't get ones I liked in my size, 34d.

Has anyone tried ordering online? I did and ended up with a bunch of bras that were supposed to be 34ds but fit like 32bs.

bliss~
bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Fredericks! Their bras are about 25 bucks a piece, and super supportive. They have a good range of sizes (up to F in every band from 30-42 i think) and, you can definitely get cute ones there. Their band sizes do run a little small though, as an FYI. As much as I'm not relaly lookign to emphasize the girls (DDD), I find that push up bras have the most support.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

I agree with Victoria Secret. (YAY Semi-Annual Sale)

Also, in Canada there is La Senza (not sure about U.S) but I think you can order them on-line. THEY ARE GREAT! All different fits and colours.
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Well, I bit the bullet tonight and went bra shopping at JC Penney's. ALL their bras are on sale 40-50% off. I bought a Bali minimizer and a Lillyette minimizer. Very good bras.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #11  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I always go to Kohl's, their bras are usually 40% off or more and I always get the coupons in the mail. They have a wider variety of colors (non hideous) and they are super supportive.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #12  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Kohl's has good lingerie sales if you have one near you. Also try Ross & TJ Maxx. I've gotten a lot of designer bras for super cheap at TJ Maxx. I got a Le Mystere No. 9 that normally runs for $65 for $9.

Ditto what Shannon in ATL says, i LOVE going to Ross for bra's. I got a really nice bra there not too long ago that was originally $29 and i paid 6.99 for it.

Last edited by misspriss78; 06-21-2010 at 06:52 PM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #13  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I agree with the VS Semi Annual Sale. The best bet is to wait till the very end of it because in the stores I've worked in we usually mark everything down to like 15 dollars and there's a bunch of bras hiding in the back that get brought out.

Also agree with Kohl's, as well as TJMaxx, Ross, and Marshall's. I'm a bit of a brand name snob, and at the latter three I usually find what I'm looking for for a good price.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

I just got a good Champion bra at target for $16. It's a racerback with a sort of one-piece molded full-coverage front. No nipple action either. I'm currently at 36C and it really does the trick. Most of the Target bras are not so supportive, but this was was hidden over on the panties/socks racks.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

I will have to give Vic Secret another try now that I am a 36DD- hate their bras.

When I lost weight before I went down to a 34C and had to wear padded bras which really helped with the sag. I would recommend Target for their padded bra sets, most have really cute designs and matching panties.

Good luck!
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote