Old 06-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/262/160

Height: 5' 6"

Default I don't even know where to begin.....

I have been overweight all my life. I have reached a point where I don't "want to be skinny", I "want to be HEALTHY". My husband is ready to have children. I too feel like the time is near, but I am way overweight! I want to lose the pounds so I can do all the things I have let my weight keep me from doing all my life. I want to get off blood pressure medicine so I can start trying to have children. I want to go to the lake without feeling like my body is offending others that are near me. I want to go to Mexico and not have to worry that I will have heat stroke because I will be wearing t-shirt and jeans. I want to be fit so I can keep up with my 6' 7" thin framed husband! I WANT to be better.....a more healthful version of myself.

I need help to stay with it. In the last year, besides gaining a ton of weight, I have started excersise programs several times. Only to end with me skipping "one" day and never starting again. If anyone has advice or ideas they will be greatly appreciated! Help me help myself!
WitsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Whatever you do to be healthier make it something you can live with. One step at a time. Everything you put in your mouth and every step you take is a separate choice for you to make a healthier step. Start slow and plan plan plan.

and post here often! I've learned more here than any of my doctors could teach me.

Good luck and I hope to hear more from you.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #3  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

welcome and youve made a great start just by coming to the site because you will get so much support!!! Good luck
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have to echo the sentiments from MP above. 3FC has been paramount in my weightloss efforts.

Another thought too I wanted to share. Exercise is great and I would even say key to healthy weightloss for most people. However, calorie intake is a much larger key! I lost 20 pounds or so without exercise. I started to exercise as I began seeing my progress and wanted to get serious about being fit. I imagine you know these things already.

Lastly, do not let your weight stop you from enjoying all you can now. Embrace your body and take care of it as if you were that "picture perfect" woman you want to be. Groom yourself beautifully. Make your environment beautiful. Live the way your most beautiful self would. Of course, this will also mean eating for the new and beautiful YOU.

You can do this. Come here. Clean out your environment. Set your mind, your kitchen and your plans for success. You can absolutely do this.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Well, it's really a good sign that you are feeling the motivation to be healthy rather than to just look better physically. I think that it takes an equal desire for both to really push you through the entire journey.

Remind yourself every day of the reasons you want to do this. Seriously. I do it. I always have this little mental war with myself when it comes to working out...I consider how easy it would be not to do it, I consider how long it will take and how boring it is sometimes...but before I can really convince myself to skip it, I think of the very specific reasons that I want to lose weight and it makes it worth it. Kind of makes every day feel like the first day and gives me fresh motivation.

It's always tough to get started and stick with it...but once you get the initial transition over, it gets easier. You can so do this!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote