Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 05:10 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~151

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:07 AM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Ladies~~At least it's morning when I'm writing this, it's the wee hours of the morning. Boy we let the thread run way over the number of post we useally put on one. I've had some strang things going on here at our house. I done my shopping yesterday and was gone all afternoon. Last night when I was cooking it got a little hot in the house so I went to turn on the attic fan to pull the heat out. I opened the front door and there set a red package on my steps. I hadn't order anything, neither had hubby. It was addressed to me. Hubby said you better be careful you don't know who that is from. Well after I read QVC, I figured it was ok to open. Girls you could have knocked me over with a feather. Would you believe that there was two of the biggest candied apples you ever seen in your life in there. Lordi, Lordi, I have no idea who sent that to me. My imagination is running wild. My kids wouldn't have sent it, or brother's or sisters. The only person I can come up with is my best friend here in Okla. I'll be calling her as soon as she is out of the bed this morning. I ate a half of one of those things last night while I watched BB. Melt in your mouth, that is did. They had a 1/4 inch of caramal on them plus one was rolled in plain, as well as white cho. chips. The other in pecans and plain cho. chips. I don't mind telling you that is the best apple I ever ate. Have you ever had anything like that happen to you. If it does it will get the old rusty mind in gear trying to figure out who the heck was so thoughful. I sure was hoping that is was sent from QVC and it wasn't someone who was trying to do away from me. Guess it was, I'm still alive this morning.

Sally~~Thank God I don't have to make a payment of 600.00 a month, couldn't face that every month. We haven't made a payment to anyone in 10 years. Don't want too either. Your right, for a while you'll need all kinds of little dodads for it, you know to put his personal signerture on it. I do love the smell of a new car though. But guess I'll just buy some of the spray that you can spray in one to make it smell new. : Forget that 2 pounds I lost, I ate a apple that weighed 2 pounds last night.

Skeeter~~Sure hope you are getting better everyday. I thank you've had your share of sinus problems. Well I got another cell phone last night. I got Alltel, that's the one everyone told me not to get. I didn't give it a payer for working out here. Would you believe it works pretty good. But I was going to call my sister last night after 9 and tried a few times and couldn't get a line out. Hubby says it's too much money and contrack is too long, so I thank it's going back.

Jo Jo~~Oh I'm so mad, just heard on the news that they are still going after Martha S. on her stock dealings. Ok, you can bet she done some shady stuff. But our leader done the same thing a few years ago, and it seems to be ok for him. Burns my B#** that they will get her and those crocked CEO's will get away with it and they got they got thousands of times more money than she did. How did I get on that????? Better you got that kitty than me. I'm trying to figure out just what to do with these fish while we are gone on vacation. I bought a auto feeder and I'm trying it out now. It feeds them twice a day, but it doesn't time it just right. I guess it's better than them starving to death. Oh, I loved the way BB turned out, almost. I really didn't want to Danielle to get a red cent. Her mouth lost her family $45000.00. I got a bad opinion of her. She thought she was so smart in the DR, that was her downfall. She would have cut him off in a New York min. ~~Oh well Danielle, you can now afford the porch you wanted on that house, of course you'll have to find a way to pay for the house to go on the porch.~~ You know Jo Jo, I know a lot of women that has been S. abused as a child. And it really messes them up. All of them I know have a issue with weight. I've got some experience in that field myself. I also know that some people block out things that is very painful from thier minds. I've wrote you a letter girlfriend, need to move on to the others.

Newnana~~I tell you a mind is a terrible thing to lose, but I'm losing mine. I give everyone a color, now I forget which one goes to who. Here is how I do it. I have a tamplet in my outlook express and that is where I write. I'll send you a copy and see how that works. If you want to do it on the site and don't like writing your post in that little space they give you when you try to add a color here's how I do it. I pick the color, type in x and hit enter. It will show up like this, us say the color is red......COLOR=RED]x[/COLOR then I click inside behind the x and backspace it off and then I type away and can see all that I am typing. You have to have both those things for it to work.Well heck now that I look back the way I put that to explain about colors will only show up as a red x. So I will take the brackets [ ] from the front and from the back, just know they have to be there for it to work.

Kina~~Bless your heart, you have such a busy life, no wonder you have a problem with snacking. Do you ever get any time for Kina? You hang in there girl we don't ever give up. It's those special marks on the scale that really messes up a day or makes our day. Going up it's going of them and it sure depresses up, but the same mark on the scale going down makes our day.

I've wrote so long I don't even know what I wrote. Better get busy doing something else. Have a great day.

Last edited by Marlana; 09-26-2002 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:40 PM   #3  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Oh Lordi, I feel like crap today, I just come in to pull this to the top even Skeeter couldn't find it yesterday. It says in red letters "not Advertising" I am advertising that I feel like crap today. Hope your all are having a better day. bye
Old 09-27-2002, 05:31 PM   #4  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I will sure be glad when I can quit carrying around the box of tissue. The new medicine has sure helped but my nose is still alternating between running and stuffy. Now I guess I will have to go see my doctor again for allergy medicine.

Marlana~We get so used to getting to this site from the email notification and forget to check the number of posts. I have Alltel for my regular phone service and my internet. They are good for that but I have heard that the cell phone service in this area is the pits. I don't think that it is Alltel's fault but just the fact that there aren't any towers in these woods. Those apples sound great. My friend brought me a whole cake today for my birthday and said that she wasn't going to help me eat it. It is a red velvet cake which is my favorite. My husband won't eat very much either so what am I going to do? Does cake freeze well?

JoJo~Are you getting any rain from that storm? The weather channel showed it moving up that way but I don't know which part of the state that you live in. My folks in Ohio got 5" of rain last night. They needed it really bad too. It sounds like you are enjoying that new kitten even though the other furbabies are being jealous.

Newnana~You are so lucky to not have experienced a sinus infection. My ear drum feels fine not even though I am still blowing my nose almost constantly. I can tell you that I am sure tired of that. I think that I will have to avoid the scales for a while with this cake here. Maybe I will get lucky and have someone over that will help eat it.

Corina~Good luck with getting those snacks under control. You have lost over 25# and can get it together and go on to you next goal. YOU GO GIRL

I hope that y'all have a great weekend.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:26 PM   #5  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Happy Birthday Skeeter!

Sorry I didn't get this done earlier, but like I said I've felt like crap all day and still do. Don't know what my problem is.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:35 PM   #6  

Hello. Hope your weekend is starting out nice. I've just been doing not much of anything. I woke up with a stiff and sore back and I'm finally starting to loosen up some. I have to go out to the mall to pay a couple bills and then figure out something to take for a pot luck on Monday. I might just make up a crock pot of spagetti since there will be a lot of salad type dishes.

Skeeter, Happy birthday to you. I hope it was nice for you and I hope you are feeling better. I have to say.....WHAT WAS I THINKING???? Oh my gosh, this kitten is work!!!! She is a cutie but boy does she need lots of entertainment. She is getting brave now, chasing my older cat who does not appreciate it one bit and she is also being braver around my dog and the dog seems to be trying to get used to her. I played "string" with Lola for 2 1/2 hours last night just to keep her out of things. Right now she is roaming around the house checking everything out. We didn't get a drop of rain from that storm although it did get cloudy and dark out for awhile. I was hoping for some rain to make it here tho.

Marlana, I hope your feeling better today. Have you got a cold, sinus infection or you just don't feel good? I know my allergies are really flaring up, itchy watery eyes and runny nose and even my ears itch down where I can get to the itch. Hate that. OH YUM, I've had those candied apples from QVC and they are soooo good. Someone must think you are pretty special to send those to you!!!!! Did you find out who sent them to you? That was very very nice of them to do that. I've thought about trying to make my own since having the ones from qvc but it was just a thought. I think I'd rather buy them. When they show them on QVC they talk about cutting one or two up for when you have guests over, heck with that, I'll eat them myself. I might even share with dh.

Well, I've got to get dressed and head out to the mall. Take care everyone and feel better soon.

Last edited by PeekabooICU; 09-28-2002 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:53 AM   #7  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default Read at your own risk!

Here I am, another week gone by and I'm still in the same place I was a week ago, a year ago, 2 years ago. How long is it going to take before I get tired enough of being this over weight to get out of food and stay that way. There is always going to be some kind of road block to mess you up with your diet. Last night hubby wanted to take his parents out to eat Mexican. In the beginning I said I wasn't going to go. Was I not going to go because I don't like Mexican food. NO! I love Mexican food. Was I not going to go because I had been on my food plan all day and didn't want to tempt myself. NO! I told myself I just didn't want to go. I told myself I didn't want to listen to their crap...NO that wasn't the reason. I knew the reason I didn't want to go. I didn't want to go because I was embarrassed to go. I know that his dad has made some remarks about people being overweight right in my house, which was wrong of him for sure. But that was years ago, I need to get over it. He's 84 years old now. I was embarrassed because I was afraid I wouldn't fit into the booth, or my butt would hang over the chair seat. This is a horrible way to live your life people. I write that as tears flow down my face. Why can I not overcome this obsession with food. I've done things in my life that a lot of men wouldn't even try. I have done things when I was younger that for the life of me now I don't know how I done them. But still food is my biggest challenge to overcome. I am bigger than all of you, some of you I'm as heavy as two of you together. But still food rules my life. Food is only the substance, I know that. I could use booze or any number of things, but food is the substance of choice for me. I thank booze would be easier, (well I know it would be), to give up rather than food. But how hard it is to give up, or where it rates on the scale on difficulty to give up doesn't matter, it is the food obsession I have to work on. And you know it's not like I just work on a food plan, that's my problem now, I want to go on a food plan to overcome an obsession with food. Come on, I know better than that. I have to work on my life as a whole. I have resentments, like the one with the comment my FIL made about fat people. Resentment is the # 1 offender in my life. And let me tell you have a lot of them. I love resentments, it takes up a lot of my thanking time. Having little conversations of what I would really like to say to people. How do I handle not saying those things, I stay away from them, and that's ok to a point, but I have really carried it too for. I don't want to be around his family, I don't want to be around my family, and all of us are getting old. I got to change the way I thank now a days. People say things that I just want to jump down their throats right then and there, but I can't do that, I have to be a good girl, so in my mind I jump down their throats and get them set straight. The mind is where my problem is. I have to work on my mind. I expect if you've read this for, you quite tired of reading by now. Before I close, have you all seen that we can have a journal in 3fc's now. I started me one this morning. That is where I should have wrote this book. Some make it private and some let everyone read theirs. Mine is private. Sorry I didn't answer anyone. Maybe later.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:35 PM   #8  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

You know once you get off a good eating plan and eat all that sugar and fat, it's really hard to get back OP. My downfall started Friday and is still going on. Lord help me turn away from the table.

Marlana~Girl, I know exactly what you are talking about. My 35 year class reunion was this year and I really wanted to go see my old classmates. But........I didn't want them to see me. I was in my early 40's the last time that I was around any of those people and I weighed about 120. You'd think that being aware of that would be incentive enough to help me push myself away from the table. I also am embarrassed to go see my family and my husband's family for the same reason. I don't know why I let this happen and just sat back and blamed quitting smoking. It's so much easier to eat cake when we have a good excuse for wanting it. I wake up so many mornings disgusted with myself because I am always slim in my dreams. I got a good start over a week ago and actually lost 5# right before my birthday came along. Hubby wanted to take me to the Chinese buffet that I love and my friend baked a whole cake and gave it to me. She also refused to help me eat it. Now she knew that I was on a diet and had actually lost a little weight, so why did she do that? She even said that she knew I was on a diet when she handed me the cake. I ate my fill at the restaurant and came home and had cake for supper that night. I had more for breakfast the next morning, then gave most of the rest of the cake away or I would still be eating it. Hubby drove by our house after church today then asked me where I wanted to go for lunch. There's not too many choices in these woods but one of them is a Sunday buffet. Yep, that's where we went. That makes day 3 off my plan and I have probably eaten enough to gain that 5# back. So I will start all over again Monday morning to lose the same weight again. I am determined to lose as much as I can before we leave on our trip to the north the fourth week of October. Let's get our acts together and lose some of this excess baggage!!!!

JoJo~I am so glad that you are enjoying that new kitten. It sounds like too much work for me right now. My boys are very good about entertaining themselves but when one is being shown some attention, the other is demanding the same. I have a sick fish this morning. He hasn't acted well for a few days but today actually looks swollen. I can't find that in any of the information on fish diseases so I have no idea what is wrong. I guess that storm kind of headed to the northeast and missed you. We are waiting now to see where Lily is going. It is following the same path as Isidore but no one can predict where it will go once it hits open water again. I don't even worry of pay attention to the news report on storms until the path is pretty well determined. I am calling the doctor first thing in the morning because I am so tired of blowing my nose. I want to be over this.

Hello to the rest of you girls. Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Last edited by Skeeter2; 09-29-2002 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:54 PM   #9  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I guess I didn't say enough this morning so her I am again. I decided not to write to my Sister this morning I would just send her my post. She has a weight problem too, or should I say living problem, and we spend a lot of time talking about it. She wrote me back and said she cryed her eyes out when she read my post because it fit her to a tee. I will not tell all that she wrote but here is what I wrote back to her. She had mentioned that she thought is she would start going to chruch she could get her act together. Here's what I wrote back to her, and I believe this ladies with all my heart. I know that I know, that I know, this is the answer. Here's the letter I sent to my sister.....
Sorry I made you cry, I didn't mean too. I just wanted to confess to you and everyone I talk to what is going on with me. Going to church won't get you out of food. You have to change the way your mind works. We was created by God and he created us in a way that we would function just fine. But he also gave us free will and we run amuck, (that's a word) In the first place we never have established a relationship with him which is a basic need in us all. Since we didn't have a good relationship with him, as our keeper, as our God, we took off on our own to run our lives. Our home as children wasn't exactly up to par as God meant to be, so therefore we had to find a way to handle our problems. As children we didn't have the right to anything except a house over our heads, cloths on our backs and food in our mouths. And we had no control over the house or the cloths, but food was another story, there we had control and when we was sad, or disappointed we always felt better if we could have something to eat. So therefore we unknowingly started a way of life that would only get bigger and bigger as life went on. What we had unknowingly done is placed food in food where God belonged in our lives. Now food made me feel better and took my thoughts off my problems. I've always known wrong from right. Over my life I've done wrong things, and some of them I could come up with in a New York min, others I've berried deep within myself. The same goes for things others has done to me, some I remember very well, some I've shoved down with food, and that is a never ending thing unless I put a stop to it myself. Some things you just can't thank of and don't want to ever again. So food is killing me but at the same time is holding me together. I know that I have to turn my life, my will, my very being over to something greater than myself to handle or I will be right here where I am right now years on down the road. Some people might thank that is easy, but I'm here to tell you it is one of the hardest things you'll ever do, even more so at our ages. Your mind has to go to a different way of thanking, in fact thanking just may be unhealthy for me. Thanking has got me into a lot of trouble. Anyway I'm setting out to turn this around, it is my mind that has the obsession for food, so therefore I must work on my mind. I believe I need help with that one, so I thank I'll be seeking a powder higher than myself to help me. I've been there before, and did turn it all over to him, and you can believe me when I tell you that life was so happy when I could let water run off my back like water on a ducks back. I didn't have a worry at all, food wasn't a problem and as you know I lost 97 pounds. But you know I had one big problem then, and that is that I still had three God's. One was food which I had replaced with God himself, the other was my husband. I worshiped the ground he walked on and he didn't like it because I was turning my life over to God, so he begin to act up and try to go his own way. So that put a kink into my life. And it wasn't long until I placed the old God food right back in my life again. And you can see to where I have come since then. I have to get back on the right track, and you can see where I have to start. Now it's up to you to figure out where you have to start.
Love you very much
Old 09-29-2002, 09:25 PM   #10  
Senior Chick

Angry

Well you made me cry too but it was healthy tears. I just came from a really good church service and then read your post. I am so happy to hear that you feel that way about God. It really warms my heart to know that we will be friends in eternity. We have to do the best that we can while we are here on earth but what really counts is our eternal life. God only put us here to worship him and to witness to others which we tend to forget as we strive to make ourselves happy in material things. God intended for us to enjoy our lives and our possessions as long as we don't put their importance above him. I have lived most of my life in sin of the worst kind and am so blessed that it has all been forgiven. Thank you Marlana for writing such a beautiful post. I could tell that it was from the heart and I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless You.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:43 PM   #11  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I just wanted to drop by and say that I'm having a good day today in spite of my ISP not letting me on line. I had to download MSN and I'm useing it. I don't know how to configure my outlook express yet so I can recieve mail but i can send out from there. I fired off a letter to my ISP but I bet I don't hear from them. I have wanted to eat some things today, but have managed to hold it down to carrots and fruit. I hope everyone is haveing a good day.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:46 PM   #12  

hello. I thought I'd drop in for a quick post. I've got supper going so I don't have alot of time. I got home from work and the kitten just wanted to be held and petted probably for an hour or so and now she is running wild, getting into things, etc. My older cat is kinda sorta getting used to her but still doesn't like her much. The dog just goes up to her and smells her so everything is going ok. I think I'm going to start leaving her the run of the house now when I go to work. I've been keeping her in the back room just to be safe.

We had a potluck today at work and I really didn't do to bad at all. There was an oriental slaw that had sunflower seeds and ramen noodles which was really good. I've had it before but couldn't find a recipe for it anywhere. Now I can get the recipe from a co-worker.

It was a quiet weekend. Saturday I just went to the mall and grocery store and yesterday I took a shower and changed my night gown and undies and that was it. Oh, I did dishes and laundry. My house looks like a tornado went thru it. I'll get it done a little at a time.

Marlana, sounds like you've been doing alot of thinking. I haven't been able to read all of your posts but I will. I'm glad your having a better day with your food today. If I start a journal, it will also be private also. I think I need to do that, just to be able to go in and write my thoughts and stuff. Sometimes when I'm writing here, I'm more writing the thoughts out for myself more than you guys. Just seeing it in front of me makes it more clear. So being able to write, it helps so much. I think I'm going to check out that journal next time I'm online.

Skeeter, what is it with all these hurricanes and tropical storms that are coming up suddenly?!! Don't they usually come earlier than now? Seems like last year there wasn't many at all which is good but yet I know you all could of used the rain that comes with them. Is the drought situation getting better there? I know we are in another el nino again and that will have affects on a big part of the country.

Oh, I wanted to tell Skeeter and Marlana, I love getting your emails at work so keep them coming but I probably won't be writing you from work. We've been getting policy emails from the higher-ups about using the internet and email for anything other than work. That doesn't mean I can't receive them. I used to send the ones you send me to some co-workers but I'm not even doing that anymore. I just wanted you to know this so you didn't think I was ignoring you.

Well, I'd better get off here and finish supper before it burns to a crisp. Take care.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:25 AM   #13  
American Chick!

Morning Everyone,
How're you all doing? We're doing okay around here; Jeff is still playing with the new truck--he washes it every other day. I told him he is going to rub the paint off of it, but who listens to Mama? Now he's bought a suede dashboard cover (well, we don't want the dashboard to crack do we?). I thought the Harley was bad--I think this is going to have more accessories than it did. I did get a driving lesson Sunday; it's a six-speed, and I've never learned to drive a straight shift. My mom tried to teach me when I was 15 and I backed her car into a tree. She got out and said they would get me an automatic--so they did. Anyway, I only killed the engine twice, and I sort of lurch instead of drive, but it's getting easier. I don't think I will ever enjoy driving it, but at least I want to be able to in case I have to.
Mama, I'm glad you're feeling better; I'm sorry you got so down there a few days ago. Sometimes we have to, though, to get back on the right track. I could always talk myself out of thinking I was actually FAT; I was only a little plump, and besides, I had just had two babies in two years (not to mention they were 7 and 8). Anyway, I remember when the bathtowel wouldn't reach around my slightly plump little body one night and UGH--what a lovely scene in the bathroom mirror. I guess it takes a catalyst sometimes. Yuck--I don't ever want to see that in the mirror again. Hope you're feeling much more like yourself today. You've lost lots of weight before--you know you can do it.
Skeeter, I didn't go to my 25th reunion either--partly because I was 96 pounds when I graduated! I know a lot of folks look a little different at 43, but I still felt bad about it. How're your doggies? I found a Maltese rescue group on the internet that just happens to be right down the road from us! I was looking at all their doggies and found two or three that looked just like my little Jeremy I got a big veto from Jeff, though; I suppose five dogs are enough....with the two cats and three fish. Oh well. I'm glad you had a good birthday--that's a lovely day for a birthday, you know! You and my littlest one. She is a sweetie though; she got quite a bit of money for her birthday and she bought big sissie a purse and the little girls across the street two presents with her birthday funds. Pretty good for a nine year old, I think.
JoJo, how's it going? I would love to see the new kitty! I'm starting to want a new animal (see above!) . Not right now, though; we're trying to downsize the zoo. I guess as they go to their reward, we just won't replace them. Up to a point. I will always have a kitty and a Maltese. And probably a big dog. We got about 4 inches of rain from the last hurricane/storm thing that came thru. We needed it though; it must have died out before it got up your way. We've got another one coming at the end of the week, it looks like. Maybe you'll get some rain out of it.
Kina, hope school and work and kids and home and hubby are going well! You're like me, except I do have only one job! Makes one kind of doesn't it? I have another test on Thursday, and I'm NOT prepared for it. I need to get off this thing and get the kids up and study a bit before work I guess. Have a good one!
Better go, I've written a book! I don't get a chance to write as often as I used to, so I get carried away!
Love you all and hope you have a wondermus day.
Sally
Old 10-04-2002, 05:52 PM   #14  

Well, Marlana has tried to help me know how to do these things in color and we will see if I understand how to do it.

You know, ladies, I have been overweight for years. I'd like not to be. I know the reason for it is because I eat too much. Right now I'm trying to eat less and eat more of the right thing. BUT my 50th Reunion from College happens in TN in a couple of weeks and I NEVER thought of not going because I weigh more than I did then. I've been to several reunions. My weight is NOT who I am!!! I refuse to believe that it is. I am tall and so do carry it, BUT that doesn't mean I'm not heavier than I should be. I wear those large sizes. You have to have confidence in yourself; you just must.

I am sorry that some of you are having such discouragement. I guess I feel that I know I don't have any desire to be thin, like a 30/40 year old. I want mostly to be healthy.
[COLOR=deeppink] Skeeter, I too believe that God only wants our best and that He is forgiving. Praying for each other might help. I used to say that if I didn't have to prepare meals for the family, I'd have no problem. Huh!! I'm alone and that makes me eat.

Let's see if I now can post this. Apparently we don't get any reminders unless we write something here, because I almost forgot you all because of no reminders in my email. Have a good week-end. Take it a minute at a time and don't spend all your time thinking about eating/or not eating. newnana
Old 10-04-2002, 06:54 PM   #15  

Here's a little "funny" that I just saw in a catalog. A pillow which says, "I'd Give Up Chocolate, But I'm No Quitter." Of course, I'm sure you all know that chocolate is a vegetable AND also a little dark chocolate each day is really good for you. Really! newnana
Closed Thread