South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Yippeee! It's Weekend Chat Time!

Good morning. We're on the front porch for coffee this morning because there is a slight drizzle. I'm crossing my fingers that it stops soon.

First event today is a pancake breakfast and that's followed by judging of the flower show. The craft tent opens at ten and there is some absolutely gorgeous stuff there - no crocheted slippers at this one. It's ceramics, jewelery, leather, weaving and other yummy stuff! I'm hoping they don't take Mastercard. Official opening of the new exhibits at the Mill is noonish and then it'll be dignitary walk-about for other things like planting a perennial at the new garden. I sure hope the rain disappears before then. The village will be packed - we even have cops on duty for parking control. Dinner theatre is sold out tonight

So, needless to say, I won't be around here today. Behave!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Wow! Busy day Ruth. We're going to Disney for the parade and fireworks tonight. The electrical parade is returning to Disney World and they're having some kind of passholder even tonight. As soon as I finish my tea, I'm heading out for a morning walk. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ruth and Frances

Both of you have such fun events planned!!! Enjoy!

Ruth, wish I could join you on the porch this morning....then Frances would come by and we'd go walking while it was still cool!....Alas, Bing and I are headed out, then I'll start my cleaning....
Old 06-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quickie because it's seriously thundering and lightening out there. I'm off to Boston to spend the day with DD. It would be more fun with good weather but I'm sure we will find something to do

Ruth - Sounds like a fun and busy weekend.

Frances - Enjoy your weekend

Debbie - Happy walking and successful cleaning to you Any you time planned for post cleaning?

Have a good day friends
Old 06-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Cyndi! Wish I could join you in Boston-it's too bad that the weather isn't being cooperative. I think I see a trend...I'd much rather be doing anything other than my chores but that's what I get for having so much fun this last week. I'm thinking I have to go over the hill Monday so everything needs to get done. I did go out and pull the plastic off the tomatoes. They've enjoyed their hothouse and I have ripe Sweet 100's...but it's time.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all.

Ruth - Enjoy the day.. Hopefully it will be dry.

fcm - Sounds fun... both the walk and the Disney stuff.

Debbie - Pool? Bike? Yoga? Or is cleaning the workout today?

Cyndi - How about shopping!?

I need to go wake up DS. He is taking the SAT subject tests today. Unfortunately his friend bought him a concert ticket for last night so I suspect DS will not do so well this morning. Teens! Sigh. We have a neighborhood cookout tonight. (It is a campout too but I soooo don't do that.) I just made a new bean salad recipe hoping I will eat that and not all the non-healthy stuff. I am getting my cholesterol checked on Monday so that should help with the willpower. Oh - and maybe a bike ride. Going to be in the 90s here!

Have a great weekend all.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen, I had a huge chuckle thinking about a neighborhood campout-here it would be scary! The cookout does sound fun and I know you'll do well-you've planned ahead. I am going to take the pups down to the river for a walk, but it's so hot here, too. My afternoon hike with GFs was cut short due to heat yesterday, and if I don't get to the pool early it's just too busy. Now, you have me thinking and I might get my basket attached to the new bike and ride up to the greenhouse-they're having a sale on petunias. OK, now I'm motivated to get this housework done! Thanks!
Old 06-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm enjoying my coffee on our balcony overlooking the ocean. Everyone is welcome to join us. There's room for a few more chairs. :

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-05-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! We have a busy day today too, but the rain may put the kiabosh on our afternoon plans. Doing just 15 minutes of yoga stretches and lying on the shakti mat for 5 minutes makes me feel SO good in the morning!

Yesterday was a weird eating day - I was on the run much of the day and strayed off Phase 1 in the evening (although did still remain technically OP as in on the South Beach Diet). Today will be better...hope everyone has a great day. Cottage, I am jealous!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Good morning everyone. I am awakened by my kids this moring because the router was unplugged and no internet. Of course that also means they weren't watching the two year old as he trashed the house. Guess I shouldn't have tried to sleep in. But in a way it is actually funny. I'll be laughing about it tomorrow. ok, time to clean up the flour that's everywhere and get pencil off the walls.

I hope everyone's weekend is going great.

Last edited by Jarlie; 06-05-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I'm enjoying my coffee on our balcony overlooking the ocean. Everyone is welcome to join us. There's room for a few more chairs. :
Oh, I am so there!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sounds like everyone has nice plans, but weather not cooperating???

We had planned on heading to New Orleans for the Oyster Festival in the Quarter, but looks like another stormy day here. Playing it by ear. May head down anyway and hit Whole Foods if we can't do the fest. Maybe grab a bite somewhere on Magazine Street so we don't have to run far in the rain.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-05-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Good morning - what fun to read about everyone's weekend plans!

My weekend excitement is behind me now, I took my mom to my niece's high school graduation last night. It was so, so, so hot in the auditorium but it was a very nice ceremony and they moved things along very quickly so other than the heat it was a really pleasant event. We went over to the house for a celebration dinner and cake afterwards. It was nice and cool in the house and we had a great time but I don't think I'll mention the food...

I'm hoping to get some kayaking in this morning, and a walk at some point today. In between the fun I've got lots of errands and yard work to do. Hopefully my busy, active day will compensate for the goodies I ate last night.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #14  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hey chickies!
I would loooove some coffee, but from NB Canada, that might be quite the commute. I'm up for it though- I heart traveling..my facebook avatar is the travelocity roaming gnome LOL

fcmonroe- Disney sounds great! We took the kiddies there in November and we all had a blast. Youre lucky to be so close! Even though I work for an airline, we had to buy confirmed tix as our airline does very little florida flights and I didn't want the headache with an infant. Plus, dh doesn't want to (is afraid) to fly us airlines and I won't do charters. So, translation? $600+ for each of us. Ugh.

Ds7 makes a lot of lists, and last night he actually made a packing list for the next time we go to Disney. lol that's so far off. I'm considering going to DL next time, then we can do a side trip to San Diego, which would be fun. Flt's a little longer though.

Us for the weekend? Don't know- but today I trek back to the hospital. i'm hoping it'll be the last visit for awhile.
Have a good weekend girls!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #15  

Disney FTW!! I am in love with that place, although there's no way I could afford to go any time soon. I need to get my car fixed and don't know if ends will meet until the next paycheck, let alone fixing the car. Hopefully that tie rod problem won't keep getting worse while we scrape something together. But it all works out one way or the other.
Closed Thread