Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #89

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

:c ofdate:

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-03-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Sue - Hope youe dr's appt went well and your mother is feeling better.

I need to get to work! WI today was 159,yay. Up and down. lol

chat later.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good news...mom is feeling better and I had an "all clear" visit with my doc.

Bad news..I have not done any exercise yet, and it is getting late....so off to ride!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Got my ride in...food was not bad today. I have been having leg cramps again...so hope that doesn't thwart my biking. They cramp in the night..but I am sure it is from exercise. Just have to stick it out for a couple more days and see if they stop....isn't it always something?

I don't think the scale will move down this week..but I am just trying HARD for it to not move UP. I have gained and I really thought I was doing ok on the portion control. *darn it*
Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Happy June All!

Well I have continued working out everyday with my new DVD I bought with the W.A.T.P lady, Leslie Sansone. Its a Daily Workout where each day is something different. Anywho keeps it interesting. I just need to get back to healthier eating.

Suzy Q -- well if thats the case then maybe I should move everyday! HA!

Sue -- Glad your mom is feeling better! Sorry about the leg cramps. Have u tried either eating more or taking Potassium for those? I've heard it helps. I know they hurt. I used to get them VERY badly when I used to ride my bike all the time. Do you stretch out after you ride? Maybe that would help. That is what Leslie Sansone says, that its always better to stretch after exercise when the muscles are warm. Some say to do it before so I dunno. I just do what she says. HA. I hope the cramps ease up though. I know how much they hurt!

I guess everybody else is out and about. I actually went to the pool yesterday with my friend and her 2 yr old daughter. Those of you who are friends with me on facebook should be able to see them. I didn't get into the pool, just hung out on the edge with my feet in. But still felt good.

I go see my dr in the morning. (the Reproductive Endocrinologist) I still have not started my period and its been about a month now since I stopped the medicine he gave me to start it. So he wants to see me.

Have a Great Night/Morning All!

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 06-04-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #6  
~Believe~

Hi All,

Guess everybody is busy today.

Well my appt with my RE this morning went really well. He checked my lining on my uterus and said it wasn't that thick. He gave me a new prescription for Provera this time (what has always worked for me in the past) so hopefully it will start me. He said to start it around the 20th of this month. He was also very happy with my blood sugars and said that next time I come in he'll do an A1C and if its under 6.5, then he'll start me on the fertility meds!

Have a Great Night!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Sassy- Great news! When do you have to go back? I hope things continue to go well! Yay! Loved the swimming pool pictures....

Went to garage sales with mom and DD this a.m. Then we went to lunch. Came home and after I cooled off (really hot here) I went for groceries. That doesn't sound like a full day, but it really was...I got home and put things away and just rested until time to fix dinner. The End. haha..
No exercise, just some walking...food was okay.

Hope you all are doing great and have a wonderful week-end planned.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #8  
~Believe~

Hey Ya Chickies!

Just a quickie, WI this morning and lost the 3 pounds I gained last time! Now lets hope next week its another 3 pounds LOSS and keeps on the LOSING side and not the gaining one! HA!

Sue -- Thanks. I go back when I start my period. Which he wants me to take the medicine on the 20th of this month so hopefully it will start and then we can get a move on with the TTC! Its been really hot here too, except today so far its only 57 and only supposed to get up to the mid 70's, what a relief! I've been working on my massive load of laundry -- almost done -- now I have to put it all away! I HATE that part! Where is my Laundry Fairy???!!! LMAO!

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 06-07-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

Hi all,

Sue- glad your mom is doing well!! Sassy-fingers crossed on the procedure and great news on the loss!

I have been doing TERRIBLE...eating all the wrong things, drinking my Cokes, not exercising, not sleeping....Going to go out to eat for my anniversary today and then get back on the wagon....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Jules- Hope you have a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! It is understandable that you have fallen off the wagon. Stress is probably the number 1 factor in causing over-eating, don't you think? I have been thinking about you and hoping that each day gets a little easier.
Mom has taken a bad turn again...it seems like it is an every other week thing. I am frustrated and I know she is. Going to see a different Dr. tomorrow, so maybe a fresh perspective will help. She has lost 6 - 7 pounds in the last week. No appetite, no strength and pain in her abdomen again. Probably another infection in her colon.

Sassy- Yay..you are doing something right. I am trying hard NOT to gain...don't even care if I lose right now. Just want to get the food going in the right direction and stop the insane junk food binges. It has cooled off here so I am going to be able to ride the bike with no problems. Now to just get my rear in gear.

Hope everyone else is doing okay this week. I have spent the day doing laundry, re-making beds, cleaning mom's carpet and cleaning bird feeders. Had a friend stop by, so I did sit and talk for a few minutes.

Off to put the last of the laundry away. That part doesn't bother me so much...it is something I can almost do in my sleep since it is the same week in and week out. Just my Monday routine....blah. LOL
Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

sue--I totally agree that stress is the number 1 cause of my weight gain!! Sorry about your momma, I know how hard it is. HUGS!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Hey Chickies!

First wanna wish Jules and her Hubby a Very Happy Anniversary!!!

Jules -- Thanks and I agree with Sue I think Stress is the #1 cause of over-eating. I know its done it to me in the past. BIG

Sue -- Aww Sorry to hear about your mom. I know how frustrating that is. My MIL is on the "outs" again. She has this inner ear problem where she is extremely dizzy and has problems even sitting up. She is very depressed too. She told me when we visited Saturday on THEIR Anniversary -- 39 Yrs! Anywho she was telling me how she was depressed because she can't do anything. Can't clean her house or go out at all. I felt so bad for her. Because my MIL is a very strong independent lady so I know how much this is hurting her. I just hope the drs can help her out and then she can be back to herself again. So BIG SUPER to you and your MaMa right now. I hope she feels better real soon. Thanks I honestly don't get this weight loss thing. Because I don't feel like I did such a great job last week. I mean I worked out 5 times in the week and I ate ok, but not great. Then the one week when I worked out 7 days a week and watched what I ate, I gained?! I dunno makes me scratch my head! lol. I just try to do my best. I dunno if its cuz I switched to this different exercise DVD? I dunno but I'm keeping on it! Esp it only takes me 14 minutes to do a mile now! I wanna so try to do the 5 miles total that the whole DVD does. But I'm gonna have to work up to that! I just got done yesterday doing my laundry. I HATE putting it away but its a necessary evil. Its cooled down quite a bit here, but I know it won't last, just enjoying it while I can!! Enjoy your bike rides!!!

Well I did my 1 mile with the W.A.T.P lady. I so love her new DVD I found. I dunno if its "NEW" per say but its new to me. Its 5 Daily 1 mile walks each focusing on a different part of the body and you get 1 mile done in 14 minutes or less!! As I said to Sue above, I wanna work up to doing the whole DVD which would be 5 miles! Imagine me, Shel, Sassy, who has struggled with this whole weight loss exercise concept for so long, trying for 5 miles?! That to me is HUGE! And for me to WANT to exercise everyday is like WOW. The eating part is still tough for me. I just try to do my best and not beat myself up if I happen to eat off plan. Because "Life is not just one straight narrow road, sometimes we veer off a bit. The key is to find our way back to our path that leads us to success." Wow that was quite inspirational wasn't it? I think I have to use that for my new facebook status. HA!

Anywho. I hope your all doing well.

Big
Old 06-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Thanks Sassy and Jules...Mom did eat a little dinner, but went right back to bed. I hope the Dr. tomorrow doesn't want to hospitalize her. But on the other hand if it will get her well faster then that is what needs to be done.

I managed all my laundry and rode the bike 2 miles. I feel like such a wimp only doing 2 miles before my legs give out. Geeze..I was doing 8 miles last year...grrr. Getting old is no fun! I certainly haven't figured out the weight loss thing Sassy....when I am doing good it takes me forever to drop a pound...sure doesn't take forever to gain it back. WTH?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...just a quickie...will try to catch up sometime this week.

WI was today and am down some. Haven't gotten any walking in since I left last Wed but getting back with it tomorrow. Today was a rainy wet morning and just didn't want to drag baby in it.

Hugs
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #15  
ugggg.....

Sassy--I need to start wanting to exercise. I have just been sooo tired lately. I hate putting laundry away too.

Sue--I wish the weight left as easily as it came...I know I havent been exercising but I haven't been eating that bad. I did start drinking cokes again which is probably what did it. I switched back to coffee and tea for my caffiene and am adding water in too.

Cristina--do you keep just Lily or does Cambrie come over too?

Hubby and I are taking a mental health day...we thought about taking yesterday off for our anniversary but both had some stuff that needed to be done at work. We got our stuff done so we are taking a day today. Not sure what we will do. I am thinking of a few things around the house that need attention, its hard when both babies are here on the weekend. I forgot how much work a newborn is, not to mention the lack of sleep at night.

My poor elliptical is crying my name...I also finally downloaded the c25k, going to see if I can do at least some of it...I will walk it if nothing else. I may have to do week one twice to make it through.

Well, I am off to figure out what i need to do first...there are some clothes that need put away....ugh....