Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 08:57 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday... Sigh.

Starting today's thread. Back to post in a minute.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:15 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all! Not that there's anything good about a Monday morning...

today is starting off in typical Monday-fashion. I just found out that this girl who hates me got hired here permanently (she was a temp). Luckily, we don't work anyplace close to each other, but I still have to see her once in awhile. Oh well, she's the childish one who hates me for an imaginary reason, so I'm not going to let it phase me. Besides, I'm higher than her on the food chain around here and I've been here a year longer than her so I get seniority. In addition to that, I really have no money, am having some ahem, female problems and just know it's going to be next to impossible to get a doctor's appointment today, and I need an oil change, which will be the same situation as the doctor's appointment. I also have a meeting that is sure to turn super-tense (it did on Friday and I'm sure will be the same thing again). And I just found out that I have to go over to a different building to work on converting a Word Perfect document to Word and see how it works. Oh well, it'll just make me appreciate the end of the day that much more.

Did everyone have a nice weekend? Mine was pretty boring. Friday was grocery shopping, Saturday night I had a wedding that I'd almost completely forgotten about (my cousin's), and yesterday BF and I watched Tremors 3... Another thrilling one...

OK, I gotta get a little work done before it gets any later. I'll be back, of course!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:35 AM   #3  

Jess-
Here is a little sunshine to brighten your day! I think it is actually a flower...but looks sunny to me! I am sure things will get better for you soon!

As for me....I am on vacation this week. WOOHOO! And, today is my birthday...28! Wow I am getting old. If I can get Matt out of bed we are going to zoo for a while. I can not wait! It is going to be in the 70s and sunny...what a beautiful day to walk around. I wonder how many points those big soft prezels are? We ALWAYS get them at the zoo. Yummy!

I have to finish up a 15 min presentation for class tonight. I am on vacation, but I have to go to work to print off the overheads and then to Wash U for class for 3 hours! Bah humbug!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:37 AM   #4  

Dottie says a soft pretzel is 4 points.....I think it is worth it for tradition.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:56 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, not much to report, except that I am freezing. Some idgit turned the a/c on high in the building this weekend. Keep in mind that the outside temp is only supposed to get to 54... it was 50 in the office today. I am freezing. I hate this building. We are in an old historic building and there is no way to regulate anything anymore because the new owners won't fork over the money to have the heat/ a/c updated. Sucks big time. We are on the 3rd floor and if first floor wants cool, we freeze.

I didn't get anything done this weekend that I wanted, except Emma's haircut. She gets her daycare pics on Wednesday.

So nothing for me to report....

Jess, if you keep a happy face it will bug the crud out of that girl! I love doing that!!

Marcie, enjoy vacation!
Old 09-23-2002, 10:16 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess - sorry about the wench who got hired. That's way too bad. Maybe she doesn't like you because she jealous... or at least you can believe that. It could be true.

Marcie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Great your on vacation. My birthday is Friday (I'll be 27)... so we'll be celebrating together in spririt.

Jen - It's always freezing in my building too. In the summer I'll be wearing sweaters because I know it'll be 45 degrees inside... it makes me so mad. When it summer I want to wear skirts and tank tops... but if I did I'd be an icycle.

My weekend was nice. The opera at the park was so great. We got there right before it started and so we were nowhere near the stage, so we just enjoyed the music and the great weather.

Yesterday I went to a body pump class (you do this 1-hour high rep class with barbells) and my entire body is in pain this morning. But I guess that's a good thing.

Lisa
Old 09-23-2002, 10:21 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCIE!!!!! Enjoy your time with Matt at the zoo.

Jess - take the high road with the evil co-worker. You'll like yourself better for it.

Jen - I'd loan you the blanket I keep in my cube if we were closer. Drink some hot water with lemon that will help warm you.

Realized this weekend how I gained 75 lbs in college. Turns out that I eat when I study. And I mean EAT! I spent the weekend studying for a test I have to take for a certification for work and I literally ate all weekend. Non-stop! Didn't even realize it until Sunday night when I came out of the study zone and realized my house was carpeted in carcasses (empty wrappers). Ugh!

Having a busy week this week. Work night job Mon and Wed and have this certification test to study and take, plus we have global exec's coming in for a 4 day meeting that I have to "babysit". On top of the normal work load and taking my cousin to some of her Dr's appts. I'm just telling myself that all I have to do is make it until Saturday when I leave on vacation.

Hope you all have a good day.

Laura
Old 09-23-2002, 10:23 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lisa - we must have posted at the same time. I'm so jealous. I keep hearing about Body Pump and really want to try it. Glad you had fun at the outdoor opera.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:47 AM   #9  

Hi girls,

I have been terrible about posting lately. Not much to say, I guess. I am not doing well on WW, but I am not giving up. Just lots of other things to deal with lately and weight loss just isn't high on the list (which is just sad), at any rate, I know once lift settles down, I will get on top of it again, I tried on some of my jeans this weekend, and could barely get into them. I feel terrible, but don't have the motivation to do anything about it like I did. I will find a way to get re committed, I promise!!

Jen ~ CONGRATS! If I didn't tell you before, May is a wonderful month to have a baby!!!

Jen2 ~ I don't know how you keep up with your work load, you are so busy, where is the social life??? Do something for yourself, ok.??

Laura ~ You sound so busy too, you can make it through the week, look to Sunday!!

Kier ~ Hey girl!! I hope everything is good with you!!

Ali ~ It was nice to hear from you, I know you are busy, try to post more often, we miss hearing from you!

Jess ~ Sorry about the work situation, ignore her, I am sure there is something dreadfully wrong with her you just don't know about!

Marcie ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Have a great day, you young chick you!!!

Belle ~ I hope you and Kier's tummy trouble goes away, that is the worst sickness for me, I would rather have a cold!!

Hi Cat, Lori, Becky, Kirsty, KI and everyone I missed. I hope your Mondays are going good!

Well, like Jen said, it is definately fall weather here in the midwest. I enjoy it though, I wish it would stay for months. Todd and I took the kids 4 wheeling this weekend on the trails, they had a great time, it was cool though!

The house is getting done. Our garage doors come tomorrow, siding is about finished and all the drywall is hung. Now is my husband's tough work, plastering and painting the whole house. I think we will get to move in by Nov. 1st. It will be nice to be in before the really cold temps hit.

Work is quieting down, which kind of sucks, I like being really busy. I am getting bored with my job. I have been a computer trainer at the Uni for 6 years and it is getting boring. I start my grad work next semester, and hopefully will have my master's in 2 1/2 years, then I am planning on teaching project management courses online and part time teaching undergrad courses, I am looking forward to it, something different that will keep me busy and challenged.

Allergies are bothering me now, not feeling the best today, could have stayed in bed!!

Oh well, work calls, better get back at it.

For what it is worth, I am having rice and a salad for lunch today, I am trying!!!! Now, if I could just drink water and exercise I would have something!!

Be back in a bit....
Old 09-23-2002, 10:49 AM   #10  

Oh Lisa, I almost forgot you girl! I am glad your opera in the park was awesome, glad everything with Brian is going well! He sounds like a keeper!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:56 AM   #11  

Is anyone out there? Its Monday and I don't want to work!!
Old 09-23-2002, 12:28 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. I actually worked out yesterday! This is the first time since before my sisters wedding on August 10th - I will get back on track!!!
I went to WI and have good and bad news - Bad news - I didn't loose. Good news - I stayed exactly the same as my last WI over 3 weeks ago (all of that while moving, breaking up with BF and drinking with my sister) So I guess I'll change my sig but I am definately back on track.
Jess - have a better day. And don't worry about the evil chickie - She's not worth it.
Marcie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a fantastic day.
Jen - Your building sounds annoying. I hope you don't have to wear gloves to type.
Lisa - sounds like a good class.
Laura - Don't forget to take some time for yourself this week - maybe a nice bath...
Tonya - Are you going to paint and wallpaper and decorate before you move in? It sounds like it's coming along great.

OK well I better get to work - my workstation is set up for someone shorter than me so my wrists are very sore and today my boss said she'd get our ergonomic department to come in and set it up properly. That's prett cool. So off I go to do all manner of unimportant stuff.

KT
Old 09-23-2002, 12:46 PM   #13  

Hi everyone! So, I rejoined WW at a new meeting site on thursday and went into the weekend with motivation-and of course, blew it all! {sigh} BUT, I am back on track today, and I counted all of those weekend points, so if I eat 20 points a day until weigh in, my total points for the week will be what they would have been if I ate my max every day....
I can do this!!!

Lisa-Glad the opera was good-that sounded like fun-0Brian sounds like a great guy!
Tonya-I am with you-all of my jeans are tight too, but I am determined to be into them by my best friend's wedding
Jen-L-How are you feeling? We are always freezing here too-I wear a white doctor's coat tho-that helps!

Jess-Here is a crazy smile to brighten your day!

KT-You and I are back on the wagon gril! Here we go to lose!!!

Hi to everyone else...

SO, DH and i went shopping for SUV's this weekend-trying to think ahead to two kids and a dog
They are so expensive!!! i want a smaller one than he does-of course we can't afford to buy two cars at once, so we are trying to decide if we should get one this year and one next year, or lease one and buy the other????

Arggh! I don't know what to do!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 03:49 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey, where is everyone today? I am starting to warm up now, but I will be leaving in a couple hours. It is even colder outside. I went out at lunch and couldn't believe how cold it was.

I just hate Monday's and people attitudes. Actually, the attitudes have been rotten lately. I just hate that. Makes me want to stay in bed!
Old 09-23-2002, 03:50 PM   #15  

I completely understand Jen! I am heading out for the day, allergies are bothering me, and it is time to pick up DD from school. Going to head home, cook dinner and relax on the couch tonight, maybe even take in a nice, hot bath!

Check out you girlies tomorrow!
Closed Thread