General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #1  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Cool Any Wii workout suggestions?

Hi everyone!

I recently found out I was pregnant, right as I was starting my weight loss journey, and am afraid to continue working out at the gym. I have a treadmill, and I walk, very slowly on it twice a day. I do 2.5 miles each time (only at 2.2-2.5 mph, so it takes me a while to get the miles it, but I do it very early in the am while the family is asleep, then again at night once the kiddos are in bed).

My husband thought a wii might help me, but I don't know where to start, I don't know which will really help to burn calories and which are just games. He also bought me the Wii board and lots of extras, so I have a lot of things, just not sure where to start. These are a list of the games he got he thought might help me w/my weight loss goals:

1. Wii Active Personal Trainer
2. The Biggest Loser
3. Wii Fit Plus
4. Cardio Workout Gold's Gym
5. Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatium 2009

I think he bought all the workout ones he could find, bless his heart, he is really supportive of me. I'm just not sure what is the best to do, or really where to start. Any suggestions and stories are very much appreciated!! Thank you for your time!!! Best wishes to you all!!!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #2  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

There is a Wii game called "Walk It Out." It is fun and gentle. I think younger kids would like it, too! It has different genres of music you can "unlock" during the walking and there is a playlist of songs just for kids. It's available on Amazon - not expensive!

Your DH sounds like a sweetie!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/239/~110 - 120

Height: 5'0"

I have the Wii Fit plus, and I really enjoy it. I am looking into getting the EA sports active one, because it also uses the balance board. (paid enough for the stupid thing, might as well get my money's worth)

I am getting a little bored with the Wii fit though. Just not enough different types of activities.
mizb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/179/120

Height: 4'11"

I have both the wii fit and the EA Sports workout. EA is my favorite. I also have a yoga one which i couldn't do with out! Kudos to your hubs for being so sincere!
optwoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 278 / CW 129 / 127

Height: 5'3"

We just bought a Wii a few weeks ago

To be honest the Gold's Cardio workout, kicks my butt way more than the treadmill does and I run on the tread! It's not easy and it's definitely a workout. But I LOVE it!

I want to get the EA Sports Active, that one looks awesome and I've read many reviews that say it's better than the Wii Fit.
WSChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/168/150

I have the Wii Active and it is great. You can pick which exercises you want or have them choose them for you. Also, if you want a great walking workout try the Leslie Sansone DVD's, she can kick your butt and would be safe for baby and congrats on the little bundle!
pumkin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #7  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone for all the good suggestions and the baby congrats!! Wednesday is our first ultrasound, so we will get our offical due date and make sure all is growing well! Thanks everyone!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #8  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

My favorite is My Fitness Coach - I still use it 4 days a well. Also the EA Sports Active more is great I also have the 1st version and both of the wii fit "games" I use the gyms gold one sometimes as well but not a big fan. I like it but takes too long to burn calories lol
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, Glenlorie, for this thread and thanks to all who replied. I am new here and also have a Wii, plus the Wii Fit board, and must admit that the Wii Fit is a bit boring to me (okay, more than a bit). I will definitely try to find the Golds Gym one.

Pumkin78, do the Leslie Sansone DVDs incorporate the treadmill into it?
kgriff is offline   Reply With Quote