Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 12:56 PM   #1  

Default 4 Week Challenge! Come on Challenge Yourself!

First let me say that EVERYONE is welcomed to join these challenges. Since deciding to finally take over my weight problem this Feb 2002, I have decided that small 4 week challenges was the best formula for me to slowly lose the weight without putting so much pressure on myself to lose 64 lbs which was my weight loss goal. I eat sensibly and also have those forbidden menu items that we all love. But I limit this to 1-2 meals out of the week.
Also exercise as much as I hate it ,I can say it's becoming one of my best friends now helping me maintain the weight off. There is no special program ,no special diet. You will just find support here. We can relate to every story of ups and downs on this journey. You are NOT alone. Think of the worst situation like, laying on your bed to try and zip those pants only to realize that once you stand up the middle of the zipper rips open,buying only stretch clothes and covering with a baggy t-shirt,stuffing your face late at night,not wanting to go anywhere where everyone is"thin",not letting your mate see you naked? lol , having like 3-5 rolls around your waste and not wanting your mate to wrap his arm around your waist? Having one of your children's schoolmatessay " Your mom is fat! " ouch that one hurts and yes its all happened to me before. But you know what? I'm 6 lbs away from my goal weight . This past week one of the little friends mydaughter had last year in her class saw me and he says"Are (Blank's) mom ? " I said yes its me ... he replies as he's looking at me up and down" hmm you look so different now?" lol
I'm the laziest to exercise . But you gotta just do it. No excuses here. I have heard just about every excuse in the book,hey I think I wrote that book lol . The fact is you can lie to anyone you want about why you havent finally decided to do something about your weight but you cant lie to yourself. " I have no willpower" was my favorite one.
Anyway back to this challenge I'm starting the challenge today 9/22/ through 10/22/02 . Just send me a message or post here how many pounds you'd like to lose in 4 weeks. Every saturday weigh in and let me know if you lost anything,maintained or gained. My personal goal for this 4wk challenge is to try lose 3 lbs.

Gen..Goal 3 lbs...

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs

Kina..Goal..10 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs

Yoyomom.Goal 2 lbs..

Appleblossom..Goal 4 lbs..

Gen
194/136/130
"IF YOU WANT YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE,WAKE UP"

Last edited by Gennel; 10-07-2002 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:15 PM   #2  

I'd like to enter this challenge, my first. Six pounds sounds reasonable for me. I haven't posted much, so a short introduction is in order. I am 28, married, three kids ages 7, 5 and 7 months. My exercise of choice is walking, 2-5 miles a day. I've been at it for a little over a month now. I've lost 14 pounds so far and can wear my pre-baby clothes again. When I got pg, I had just lost thirty some pounds. This has been a very long delay in my goals! But well worth it of course. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:20 PM   #3  

Oh, and my 10 year high school reunion is coming up in Nov, YIKES!! I think I was about a sz 14-16 at graduation, I'm an 18 now. I'd love to just be the same weight as I was then, yk? How's that for pressure!!?? I am still married to my high school sweetheart though, so there's some points. he he he
Old 09-22-2002, 06:47 PM   #4  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

Thank you Manatees, Gennel and Kina for the encouragement and the congrats on hitting my big goal! I did my Pilates tape today. I'm not doing the gym on weekends, because I know I'd get sick of it Anyway, the Pilates is really relaxing, it's helping me release stress. I had thought about yoga, but think I'll stick with this. I'm thinking of trying to get a couple of the short workouts in during the week. It has 3 short workouts. I figure that way it will give me a little extra punch to help get the rest off! Manatees I can't wait to hear how teaching your class goes! I know you'll do great Kina- way to go with that elliptical machine. I stay as far away from it as I can! Hopefully one day I'll have the love for it you and Gennel do. Gennel- As always thanks for the push to go the extra mile and for these challenges that keep me motivated. Hope we all have a great challenge. Hello to everyone I didn't mention Take care. Di
Old 09-22-2002, 10:08 PM   #5  

Default Welcome Serina !

Welcome Serina . I am entering you in this 4 week challenge . Post as often as you like ,it helps keep you motivated
Your 6 lb goal sounds reasonable. If you reach it in 4 weeks that would be wonderful but if you dont , remind yourself its not a race. The first few challenges I did great ,then as I reached near my goal my weight loss really slowed down and I was upset with myself. I can still remember the first week when that I didnt lose any weight. After pushing myself so hard every day tow alk 4-5 miles for 6 days. Then only to weigh myself and see I had lost 0 lbs.I wanted to scream ,fight and cry . But it was a learning process and I dont sweat it anymore.Now I'm just happy to maintain my current weight. Maintaining is just as hard but you get to the point that its not a chore anymore and you just automatically make the right food choices :tomato: :apple: :cherry:

Gen
194/136/130
Old 09-24-2002, 07:11 AM   #6  

Hi Folks,

I disappeared this weekend because I got a task from work dumped on me on Friday and due this morning and I just finished it. Normally my arrangement with work is great... I work half-time and most of those hours from home but once in a while I'm the one that needs to be flexible.

At any rate, I was up a half pound for the week at my weigh-in (not surprising, I was putting back on a little of the extra weight loss I had when I was sick). So, that puts me down 2 pounds for the previous challenge. It also puts me under 150!!! Woohoo!

I'm going to stick to a 2 pound challenge this go-round. It seems to be the right rate of weight loss for me.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:04 AM   #7  

Default Sounds good to me Yoyomom

I just put you down for 2 lb goal for this challenge. The 2 lb goal sounds reasonable to me. Remember try not to necessarily lower your calories but do add more exercise to your day. I know that "E" word is so dreadful sometimes ,ok most of the times for me! lol But I havent had to lower my calorie intake anymore and am actually eating more then 2 months ago. Now instead of doing 45 min on the "monster" elliptical machine I do 55-60 minutes on it 5 days a week. I dont know how I've been able to stay on that machine so long lately but I think it might be due to all the stress I'm going through with this Construction loan for a house. It sure does help me relieve some of the stress! lol

Well I better get going ! I'm expecting a visit from my sis coming from up north today!

have a great day!

Gen
194/136/130
Old 09-24-2002, 10:15 AM   #8  
Sarcasm Queen

Hi,

I would like to join the four week challenge. Could you put me down for 6. I'll shoot for that. I hope to get to know you all better.

A little about me: I'm a 3rd year college student whose been fat since the age of 7. So I guess that means most of my life. I want to do this for me. For the person I never got to see. The me that was under all this weight. If I can get to my goal weight, it will be the biggest accomplishment of my life!

~Sahvara
Old 09-25-2002, 03:20 AM   #9  

HI,
I'm expecting TOM again, so guess who has the munchies???
(No, I did not just eat 5 fig newtons....)
I never weighed in at the end of the last challenge, mostly because, as ususal, no change. BUT... I'm sticking to the no drinking. My husband was home for a whole 4 days, so I did have a couple of beers and a margarita but at least they were social, with dinner drinks and not binge-stress drinks. So he's gone again for 10 days and aside from TOM I'm sure to loose!
By the way, put me down for 4 this month. Good luck everyone!!!
Old 09-26-2002, 01:52 PM   #10  

Welcome, Sahvara,

College is a great time to make big changes in your life. I was also heavy as a kid and I lost a lot of weight in college. I was on the thin side after I lost the weight.

I'm afraid I've lived up to my 3fc name and I haven't stayed thin.
I've been up and down a few times. It's funny, but just knowing that I *can* lose the weight, even though I've gained it back makes me feel better about myself.

My current excess weight came on with my pregnancy five years ago and I am just getting around to trying hard to lose it. I gained about 60(!) lbs with my pregnancy and I only lost about 10 of that! I've now lost another 10 or so and I don't really want to lose it all (I was thin at the start) but I'd like to lose another 20 lbs.

A problem I've had is that I seem to be allergic to exercise. Well, not really. I know it is the best way to lose weight and certainly the best way to improve health, but I just don't do it. I have been walking a bit more lately and I hope that helps. At any rate, it is very hard to lose weight without increased exercise, but it is what I know how to do. But it comes off very slowly which is why I set small goals for myself.

Good luck to you whatever approach you take.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:09 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone

I have had a great exercise week. I have gone and worked out 4 times this week and did some crunches and weights at home. I'm planning on going to the club tomorrow. I have added some weights to may cardio at the gym. I'm begining to think we (me and exercise) are becoming friends. We have some motivational promotions coming up at the club that I'm looking forward to. Well tomorrow is weigh in I believe.

Gennel please put me down for 8 pounds this challenge.

Thanks

Heidi
Old 09-28-2002, 01:35 AM   #12  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I have been snacking badly. The other day out of the blue I fainted. No reasoning behind it. So unfortunately I have not been able to get much quality time with my elliptical machine. As most of you know I had been drinking my Slim Fast to help me in losing some of my weight. Well I went to see the DR and he said that it would be best that I let of Slim Fast for a while. He thinks that the sugar caused my fainting spell. Becuase it works just like a soda pop or candy bar it picks me and then drops me down. So he suggested that I try a different approach in losing weight along with exercise. We got to talking about my husband's weight loss and he totally supported the all protein no carbs diet. So it is something I am considering. We'll see.

Other than that I am hoping to see a loss this weekend but I truly doubt it. I might have a gain if anything else sad to say.

I am off to bed. You will hear from me in the morning.Bye
Kina
Old 09-28-2002, 05:27 AM   #13  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

Way to go with the exercise Manatees! I busted my behind this week at the gym. With my increase in speed and time on the bike I can really tell a difference in my thighs just in the last two weeks. The bad thing is that again my body is revolting. I've hit another plateau. Weight went up and down all week and this morning I was back at my start. So no loss for me this week. Yet instead of whining like I usually do I'm just going to accept it and keep trying until it starts coming off again. Kina- passing out must have scared you. I've tried the all protein, no carb thing and it was successful for me once before. But I didn't have the energy level that I've had this time. I found that I need at least a little carbs- especially with working out. Hope you find what will work for you. Well I must run mandatory overtime today. I hate mandatory Saturdays!!! Di
Old 09-28-2002, 11:53 AM   #14  

Default Weigh In Today

Well today is the WI day again! I know it hasnt been a full 7 days since we started this challenge I stayed the same so I have nothing to be jumping up and down for and nothing to be complaining over either.
So here goes Grizzly I wasnt able to get your PM cause my mailbox was full ,sorry . If anyone had a loss ,gain or just maintained just let me know please.

Gen..Goal 3 lbs...( Maintained)

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs

Kina..Goal..10 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs

Yoyomom.Goal 2 lbs..

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs...

Sahvara..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Marlana..Goal 10 lbs ...
Gen
194/136/130
" IF YOU WANT YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE,WAKE UP"

Last edited by Gennel; 10-02-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:46 PM   #15  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I am keeping this short and sweet...maintain for the week. I plan to work extra hard this coming week.

Until next time. I am crossing my fingers for all you losers.
Kina
Closed Thread