Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking Scary Halloween Challenge

Boo! The Good Witch Amarantha is gearing up for the Halloween season! In her culture, that date is the 31st of October and the first day of autumn is tomorrow! Autumn is the time for change, for new thoughts, feelings and results.

Tired of being stuck on this endless summer plateau, Amarantha inviteth all good little witches, hobgoblins and other scary folk to join in a very focused weight loss/maintenance challenge. Brew up a personal magic potion for your Halloween treat! Post a magic NUMBER to represent where YOU want to be weight-wise on Halloween or on your regular weigh-in that week! It could represent a loss or just maintenance. Then, check in OFTEN and REPORT what you are doing to achieve that Halloween goal!!!

The Good Witch Amarantha promiseth to maintain a list of all challengers! If no little trick-or-treaters happen to BITE on this thread, GW A. pledges to continue it anyway. She also pledgeth to be brief and focused in her posts and remindeth all that she is NOT trying to usurp any other challenge threads or lure anyone from their affiliation into the murky undergrowth of yet another challenge. This is just extra. She just wants to LOSE the weight by Halloween, so she can eat some little chocolates from a plastic pumpkin head.

List followeth!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-22-2002 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:25 PM   #2  

Ok, good witch Amarantha. Anagram wishes to achieve the magic number of 225 by Halloween. Right now that seems impossible due to my late summer plateau. However, I love fall to bits, it's my favorite season, it inspires me to all sorts of good feelings. So it seems a good time to try to lose some of my pumpkin shape. After I weigh in Wednesday, I'll have a better idea of how much that involves and may need to tweak that number a bit.

I will foreswear pumpkin pie until I reach that number.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:29 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

The Scary Halloween Challenge Roster

Amarantha: Current Weight 164, Halloween Weight 158

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-22-2002 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:57 PM   #4  
Opera Diva

Oh if only my magical number were so that it would whisk me there with the wave of my non-existant magical wand. But alas, I feel as though I will have to weather this dangerous battle on my own for now. I guess my victory celebration can take place on Halloween then, how fitting My magical goal will be to get from 164 (now) to the 150's by Halloween, anywhere in the 150's - get to break through the cusp.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:57 PM   #5  
deleted2

I accept the challenge! I was going to challenge myself to stay focused from the Equinox to Halloween so this fits my plan perfectly.

I gathered up all my courage and approached that fearsome beast aka the scale! I weigh 157 and my goal for this Samhain is to weigh 148. It's a bit ambitious but that's the plan!

Thanks for setting this up, Amarantha, you witchy woman!

Old 09-22-2002, 05:13 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Smile Yay, more magic folk arriveth! Here's list:

Anagram: Halloween Weight 225

Eydie: Current Weight 157, Halloween Weight 148

Guinever: Current Weight 164, Halloween Weight In the 150s

Old 09-22-2002, 09:33 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Focused daily report #1: Having reinvented herself in preparation for her favorite holiday, the Good Witch (aka GW) Amarantha hath ended her eating day at 1870 calories and thanks be to advice from Dollar on the 5-pound thread, she is resting from exercise today. Her challenge for tonight is taking a walk later across the Desert o' No-Food From 9 p.m. to Midnight, but mayhap will have a bite or two before that! She pledgeth this to be her Legal Splurge Day for this week and pledgeth that she will NOT eat in the 2000 calorie range during this holiday challenge!!!

Anagram: Thanks for joining in!!! The season o' fall is just the best, though where I live the crunch, crunch, crunch o' autumn leaves and the crisp air is just a dim fantasy (unless you live high in the mountains). But fall is still so wonderful here with strings of chili peppers for sale and the early darkness and MAYBE some cool rain!!!

Guinever: GW hath a magic wand and magic sword both at her desk (really) and she will wave them in your direction once in awhile!! Some on this board may remember Crone's "Power Charge" sword and it is still with us!

Eydie: Honored to have a Goddess-In-Training at the Halloween gathering! Congratulations on your fearless approachment of the Demon Scale!

Pretty focused post if GW saith so herself!!! Onward and downward to ALL HALLOW'S EVE!!! Woooo ... those are putting on a disguise to get outta town!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-22-2002 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey, I going to hop in on this challenge also. My goal is 8 lbs by Halloween. That will put me at 250lbs.
Steph
Old 09-23-2002, 12:50 AM   #9  

Smile I'm ridin' my broomstick over here!

Hello everyone!
I finally got my user id fixed..I couldn't post replys for a little bit there, and then y'all moved threads!

Ok I am in for 7 lbs by Halloween...I want to say 20 lbs but that is totally unrealistic...and I really am trying to keep the weight off this time, so I know that I need to do this slowly but steadily...

I am at 237 right now (I cannot believe I weigh that much! ) , but not for long....I am really gonna do this ....GW Amarantha if you could please use your wand to find me some courage and strenth to keep me focused on my eating (that it only be healthy) and for me to continue the motivation to excericise at least 4 times a week I would really appreciate it....or maybe that was the wizard of oz handing out courage...I don;'t know sleep deprivation and lots and lots of studying have completely fried my mind this weekend.
ok ladies..this time I am truly going to make my goal of 130 by the middle of next year !
Old 09-23-2002, 11:45 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

"Bubble, bubble toil and trouble, come Halloween we'll be rid o' blubber!" ~ Halloween Hag

Focused a.m. report #2: Last night Amarantha forgot about her challenge to walk the No Food Zone from 9 a.m. to midnight, added about 100 calories but still endeth under the 1999 she hath pledged till Halloween. Today's challenge is to get out door and to meetings without eating until at least 11 a.m. (she hath had breakfast). She is again resting from exercise as body does not feel right again.

A hearty "BOO!!!" goeth out to Bobsgal and SplittinMySeams and the Good Hag will add thee to the scary hobgoblin list presently. Splittin, thou art wise to take the slow train to disembarking Halloween weight freight!!! The Hag is waving her magic wand in your direction, but believeth that the real magic is IN YOU!!! You will succeed as you already have the power.

Amarantha would say: "Woo-Hoo!" to all, but since this is a scary thread, she'll amend that to "Boo-Hoo!" She crieth for all those cute fluffy pounds that will soon have to find a new home because it's TOO scary for them here!

It's the first day of AUTUMN where I am, so I'm ready to be fabulous by Halloween!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:47 AM   #11  
Is it Friday yet?

Default Muahahahahahaha (and an evil cackle too)

Count me in!

Splittin' - I love your tag line, I will probably be repeating it to myself for the next few days!

GW Amarantha - Thank you for another wonderful thread idea! GW Punkin' believes Samhain is a most magickal time of year and also her favorite too!!!! I'm hoping this thread will keep me from those evil Reese's peanut butter pumpkins!!!

Currently, I'm fighting the acknowledgement of a nasty gain - I know a portion of said gain is from the hefty meal I had late last night (stoopid me) but still, that is where I'll start from!

Now: 232.5
By 10/31: 220.0

Yea, it looks like 12 pounds, but like I said, I don't think ALL of that gain is legit, if ya know wud I mean? Don't make me get graphic 'cuz you know I will!!

Onward and downward - till All Hallow's Eve!!

Terri
Old 09-23-2002, 12:01 PM   #12  
Empress/Queen

Yay! Punkin cometh to join the Halloween Hijinks!!! And who better with a handle such as "Punkinseed!?" Please feel free NOT to get graphic oh Friday Fanatic! We understand about the izza: ... it is just the DEMON SCALE again playing with the head of yet another honest Fitness Folkette! Those 12 haven't got a CHANCE to hang around and enjoy the holiday season treats because YOU'RE GONNA TRICK 'EM outta the Magic Forest!
Old 09-23-2002, 12:26 PM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Anagram: Halloween Weight 225

Bobsgal: Current Weight 258, Halloween Weight 250

Eydie: Current Weight 157, Halloween Weight 148

Guinever: Current Weight 164, Halloween Weight In the 150s

Punkinseed: Current Weight 232.5, Halloween Weight 220

SplittinMySeams: Current Weight 237, Halloween Weight 230

Old 09-23-2002, 12:26 PM   #14  

OK, Count me in .
I love the fall, Halloween isn't my favorite time only because my kids keep changing their minds about what they want to go out as. So this year it is just my 11 yr old son and I told him his costume is his job this year as it was for my girls at that age. I love to decorate the house with the stuff I make and I like seeing the kids at the door.
If it is ok I will wait until after tomorrows weigh in to decide what my goal will be. Im thinking I won't have a good weigh in because I feel like I have been off track but I have been trying to make up for it with excercise. We went out for a buffet dinner last night, I chose fairly well but did indulge a little but I had spent the pervious few hours climbing through the gorge so that should counter act the food I hope. Even a maintian will make me happy.

271.8 Feb 2002
206.0 Sept 17
165 in the near future
Total loss to date 65.8
Old 09-23-2002, 12:35 PM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Thou are in, Dollar!!! The Magic Forest wouldn't be the same w'out yu!!! Will update you list when you are ready!
Closed Thread