Old 05-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, plan, exercise, etc. - week of May 24

Hi...are you looking for a place to put your daily menu, exercise, plans, a chat and/or accountability. Here's your spot.

Please feel free to join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:58 AM   #2  

Hi Chicks...sorry I wasn't around much last weekend. It was super busy. I had many food challenges, but, faced them in a healthful way. Always grateful for that!

Last Saturday was the plant swap/potluck. My food went well. I am so so glad.

As always, am working on staying in my calorie range and my behaviors around food too.

for today -

plan, log, write down, measure all foods
fork down between bites
stay in calorie range
eat seated, no seconds
tv off when eating
slow mindful eating
lots of water
leave a tiny bite on plate

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #3  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Glad to hear you stayed true to your plan, Beverly!

I will cook my meals at home 95% of the time this week.
I will focus on getting the right amounts of fiber, protein, iron and vegetables.
I will drink at least 80 oz. of water each day.
I will get to water aerobics at least 3 times in the next 7 days.
I will do a fun physical activity outside of the gym at least 1 time this week.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I didnt do so well last week. I had 3 days off plan. I think it was stress that got to me! Im back on track and will stay that way!
Breakfast- low cal muffin and peanut butter
lunch- fish fillet with brussels sprouts
dinner- salad with grilled chicken

im working on low carb and high protien....just no white carbs and as little sugar as possible. Im ready to break thru my mental block
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:41 AM   #5  

Hey passionista....you are almost to the Land of Two! Awesome.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #6  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Thanks for noticing, Beverly!!! I am thrilled. Onederland would be the next BIG goal...
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! I just feel great this morning. I know it's getting my energy back that is making all the difference. I have not been 100% but still losing, but I know that will end soon (if it hasn't already), so I really need to get strict again. I am just so relieved that I did not knock myself right back out of onederland. I have a goal of being back at 172 (my lowest a year and a half ago before things went crazy) by the end of the summer.

DH coming home on Sunday! Haven't seen him since January so I am so excited! Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, so we'll celebrate next week.

Here's today:
B: turkey sausage and an egg.
S: string cheese, tomato juice
L: leftover shrimp fried "rice"
S: latte, hard boiled egg, a few nuts
D: taco salad
S: ricotta dessert (if I need it)

passionista, I love your plan - very do-able and sane! Congrats on your success so far. Reaching those big milestones is so exciting.

dgramie, learning to handle stress is the hardest thing for me. Getting right back on plan is the right way to go. Getting the sugar and white flour out of my system makes me feel amazing!

Hello Beverly! kudoes on getting through the weekend sanely.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 280.8/267.0/140

Height: 5'5"

Started Joy Bauer's LIFE diet last week with a low cal jump start week that helps you loose bloat. I lost 7 lbs. Yeah. Who cares if its mostly water!

Goals for this week:

Stick to the plan! Each only whats on the menu for that meal.
Drink 8 glasses of water / day.
Exercise 5x this week.
No feeling sorry for self.
No feeling sorry that I am not cooking for the family (hard one, but need to stay selfish and focused - not loose in the kitchen with fattening foods).
donna110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Happy Anniversary, Schmoodle!
Congratulations on your 7 pounds loss, Donna! Water, schmater....who cares. "A rose by any other name......." It's a loss. Celebrate!

I have a new game plan. I've decided to have the same thing for breakfast, lunch and snacks for this whole week. Dinner will be a variation of one lowfat protein and two servings of veggies. I won't be eating any grains. Next week, I'll add a breakfast option. The following week, another lunch option. I'm hoping to build some good habits and I need structure...badly.

Breakfast - Smoothie of chocolate whey protein, soy milk, banana and ground flax
Snack - Apple with natural peanut butter
Lunch - Salad of spring lettuce mix, edamame and low fat dressing
Snack - Small sweet potato with 2tsp of Smart Balance.
Dinner - Baked, grilled or stir-fried chicken breast, hamburger patty or Morningstar burger with 2 cups of either steamed veggies or sauteed veggies.
Snack - Cottage cheese with Blueberry preserves.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ack. Bad week last week went into a bad weekend. It was my niece's graduation and I was away from home, but really no excuse. I just couldn't say no to anything. Up two pounds because of it.

I'm back home, back on track though. Went and worked out this morning and I'm tracking calories. Hello.... let's re-learn everything again this week. Sheesh, I get tired of being stupid.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I don't post here often but I need to make myself more accountable and this is a great way to do so! I have regained too much weight that I have lost and I have had it. I need to make healthy changes and get back on track. I have been going to the gym the past couple weeks but now the eating side has to evolve too.

This week I will to go to the gym every day (except Sunday).
This week I will count and record all the calories that go into my mouth and keep them in a reasonable range (between 1400-1600 per day).
This week I will drink between 75-100 ounces of water or more each day (this one is very easy for me as I drink lots of water!)
This week I will arrive at Sunday morning happy with staying accountable all week!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #12  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I went to my nephew's 1st year birthday party yesterday. Overall, I didn't over do it but I could have skipped out on the cake and ice cream. I saw a slight spike up this morning when I weighed, which was kind of a bummer because I was at 304 yesterday, and today I weighed at 304.8.

None the less, I am shocked at how little I eat when I stay away from carbs and sugar. I'm full faster, and stay full longer on less calories.

B: greek yogurt w/honey, alternative bagel w/whipped cream cheese
S: a couple pieces of dove chocolate (sigh, darn sweet tooth)
L: 1/4 chicken with BBQ sauce, entire can of green beans (what can I say? I love green beans)
D: chicken & veggie stir fry with "fried" quinoa

I still have around 600 calories I could eat if I wanted to. But for now, I am full and about to go do a workout.

Anyway, this was my first time trying quinoa. I think it works great as a rice substitute, and will definitely be using it more often. Tonight I made it like "fried rice" -- basically prepared it according to the directions by boiling it, scrambled an egg, threw in some green onions, Newman's own teriyaki marinade, and stirred the quinoa in until it was thoroughly mixed. Yum!

Last edited by rakel; 05-24-2010 at 07:35 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #13  

Hi chicks - yesterday was a good food day...I am grateful. I never take a good day for granted.

There's been some major drama in my life - not with family or friends - but, in an organization I am with. It's been very, very stressful. However, I have managed not to eat over it. YAY

I am still working with my behaviors around food as well the the calories in the food:

plan, log, write down, measure all foods
fork down between bites
stay in calorie range (1200 - 1550 according to sparkpeople)
eat seated, no seconds
tv off when eating
slow mindful eating
lots of water
leave a tiny bite on plate

breakfast - peanut butter toast, morningstar bacon, watermelon

lunch - homemade cream of mushroom soup, rice cake, slice of cheese

snack - fiber cereal, almond milk, cottage cheese

dinner - thai noodle salad, cucumber and onion salad

snack - sf mousse, cheese and crackers

I hope everyone has a good day. I'll be back to do some personals in a bit.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Diane - I'm a hard head, too. One day, the healthy changes will be automatic....I hope!

Yesterday was kind of a washout. My home was not a fail safe zone as there was a box of evil oatmeal cream cookies in the kitchen. Well, I won't wax poetic about the cookies, but I will say that they are gone today as is the big bag of Cheetos. Ugh! Anyways, no more excuses. All of my clothes are too tight and I don't want to buy more. Also, I feel like crud...headachey, moody, sleepy. This isn't fun.

Same menu as yesterday. This is how I roll now. Have a great on-plan day!

*Beverly - I think we were posting about the same time. I'm sorry to hear about the drama.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-25-2010 at 07:37 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Hi, ladies!

Sunday was a rough day for me - A/C was out & my daughter was very sick. I did good all day & got my exercise in, but ate too much Sunday night. Oh, well. Onward & upward! Yesterday was a healthy day, thankfully!

I got my exercise in today & it marks my 27th day in a row!! My first goal was to go 30 days in a row, but I think I might shoot for 45 now that I'm so close to 30.

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
steamed broccoli & cauliflower
Healthy Choice dinner
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt

Supper
whole wheat penne pasta