UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #1  

Default Hello! New girl here

Hello everyone.

I'm Dollie (my nickname since school in the 50's) I'm 60 next week, married 35 years with 1 daughter. I am a retired nurse living in the west midlands. Since I retired at 55, my weight has crept silently and ever upwards from 13 stones to a massive 18. I really must get to grips with it.
I tried sensibly eating, lost a few pounds but not enough to sort out my aching joints.
My dentist is on Slimfast and she has, since Christmas, lost 3 stones and looks amazing.
I've bought a tin and have promised her that I will do 7 days and then decide whether to continue or not.
I've had my first shake and have a bottle of water in the fridge ready to have during the day.
Please, please don't knock me down by telling me Slimfast won't work. I need oodles of support.
If I have a good result i would like to take a stone off, then ask for advice re the rest.
I found this site by using a search engin, I've never been on one before so apologies in advance for all the mistakes I will make.
Its blinking hot here on the Welsh borders I can tell you!

Last edited by Dollie; 05-24-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Dollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Hello Dollie, well hello Dollie (sorry, I just couldn't resist)

I lost quite a bit of weight using Slimfast products and a prescription for Xenical from the doctor. I used mainly the fruit smoothies and bars as I'm not a big fan of milk drinks. For me it was the convenience of having something that was low in fat, calorie controlled and with essential vitamins and minerals in. I also found that this way, using SF for breakfast and lunch that I could have a good, filling evening meal so I didn't feel deprived.

It worked for me and I'm now maintaining my loss of 120lbs for the last 7 months.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

Hi Dollie, it's pretty hot here too. Good luck with the plan, I hope it goes well for you.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

Good luck Dollie, I think you've got the perfect attitude to do well.

I've done Slimfast twice before and lost quite a lot both times. Although you have to be really careful when you stop using it as it's all to easy to go back to bad habits.

That said I would recommend Slimfast to anyone and think it's good for a weightloss boost at the start of your healthy eating journey.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #5  

Thank you all.

I've got nothing to lose, except blubber so I'm looking forward to the end of the week to see how much I've lost.
Yesterday went well, I loved the shakes and wasn't hungry at all
Dollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

Just wondered how you were going Dollie

Hope the Scales are being nice to you
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #8  
Goodbye fat girl clothes!

S/C/G: 240/233/190

Height: 5'4"

Default Glad to hear slimfast works

I'm new here as well. I've read reviews about slimfast and some weren't so good but I have some in the fridge and I like it b/c it's filling...the shake in the morning (7ish) keeps me full (along with water) until like 1 or 1:30pm. I also like the taste. I get the milk chocolate. Definately glad to hear that it has worked for others. My biggest issue is pushing myself to workout. I have TBL Last Chance workout DVD and my oh my, it's tough...so for right now I only do it about twice a week...all the other days I try to get in at least 5 miles of walking but usually shoot for 10....can't wait to see some results.

Last edited by Nickey25; 05-29-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Nickey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #9  

Hey Dollie, sure slimfast can get the job done, it restricts your calories to the point where you are very likely to burn fat. I would recommend taking up a good fitness program too, it will speed things up for you, plus the cardiovascular benefits will cause you to live longer.
EatYourGreens is offline   Reply With Quote