Old 05-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #1  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Default Exercise at home

Hi All!
I stepped on the scale this morning and was up 1.6lbs. I'm really hoping it is water weight. But it got me really depressed and feeling discouraged all day. I made some BAD BAD BAD food choices (it's such a vicous cycle) and I also missed the gym today.

So I've been wallowing in self pity all day and I've finally decided enough!! Its a bit too late to go out for a walk/run but I was thinking there must be something I can do at home.

I would usually do a work out dvd but I have no weights or resistence bands.....So I'm a little lost. Any suggestions?

I'll be cleaning the house for a few hours...that's got to burn something right?!!
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #2  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

My housemate wanted to workout one day so I took her down to the spare room in our basement and we did a "bootcamp". She did have a set of dumbbells but you could definitely manage without them. We got a great workout and burned about 450 calories (according to HRM) in 40-45 minutes.

This is what I suggest, depending on how long you want your workout to be. Pick a few circuits. Repeat them twice. Move onto another circuit. All body weight stuff. Try and do the bigger muscle groups first if you can (like back and chest, quads, glutes, etc.) then the smaller ones (triceps, biceps, shoulders). Put an upper body move, a lower body move, and a cardio move into each circuit.

Soooo...I think ours went something like this. We probably did about 5 circuits total:
1. Squats - 12 body weight, hold the last one for 15 seconds; 15 push ups (knees, toes, on an incline, whatever you can do); jumping jacks for 30 seconds. Repeat.
2. Lunges - 12 on each leg, backwards, forwards, static, whatever you do; plank (however long you can hold it); jump rope for 30 seconds.

The idea is just to not stop moving. Keep your heart rate up, really push it on the cardio intervals and don't take a break until you're between circuits.

I hope this sorta helps

Last edited by rockstar87; 05-22-2010 at 05:22 PM.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #3  
bridesmaid on the right

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Hi - even though I know you couldn't use them right now - I know of a couple workout videos that require no workout equipment at all - any of the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. No I'm not being paid to say this (haha, I wish) - but this is one of the reasons I love them! Also, the moves are super easy but still give you a good workout- best of luck! :-)
seafoamgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

There are many things you can do at home to work out- you just have to get creative. For instance, you can bench press full laundry baskets (you'd be amazed how heavy they can get). Or, you can do bicep curls with milk jugs, run up and down stairs if you have them, sit-ups, crunches, or push-ups anywhere there is a flat surface, jumping jacks during commercial breaks while watching tv, vacuum the house (works the arms- mopping works too). These are just a few, but you can always discover your own!

-Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #5  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

I second rockstar's advice. I don't have enough money for a gym and I live in Seattle, so outdoor activities are usually limited. BUT, I get in great workouts at home. I have to get a little creative, and be willing to look a little silly, but it works great for me. I do basically what she described, but I add in ab moves into my circuits. I also do lots of plyometrics (jumping around all over the place ). Google body weight training and you'll get tons of ideas for strength moves that use your own body weight. It's the only equipment you'll ever need! Have fun!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #6  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Wow thanks ladies!
I will definitely be trying those suggestions! May try and get out for a run tomorrow as well! The guilt is eating me alive some what :P

Thanks again
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote