Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 10:45 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready to try again.. #216

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:53 AM   #2  

Hi guys... I havent read from the last post yet so I can't respond. I saw we needed a new thread so here it is.

Today is FUN FRIDAY so I am going to clean up this house this morning and taking myself to the movies this afternoon.
I am going to see "The Banger Sisters"... I think that is what it is called. It stars Goldie Hawn and Susan ?. Don't know how to spell her last name. Maybe I will beat Thin.. and be the first to see it. LOL

My food is still not perfect yet... but getting better.
My mood is improving also.
I picked up a medication that I have to take to start my periods... but I am afraid to take it. It causes severe depression in me. I don't know if I will take it or not. It never starts me any more anyways. I need a break from depression. Been there , done that.... don't want to go back again soon.

anyway.... I am out of here for a day of fun. ... well a half day.
I will catch up on my reading tonight.
Love you !!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 03:20 PM   #3  

Default Hello lovely's

How are all, I woke up with a terrible sore throat and runny nose, I guess it's that time of the year again It's only 45 degree's here today, 8 degree's celcius, yuk. The tree's are already losing there leaves, the autumn color's look beautiful but it's sad to see the green go.

Food has been pretty good, I'm on a chicken tortilla kick right now, I grill a chicken breast cut in strips with a onion cut in slices, then add some dipping sauce, such as honey garlic, or terriaki, just enough to coat. mix it up. Roll it up in a sundried tomatoe or whole wheat tortilla with some lettuce and alittle grated cheese very good and low in calories. I also like to make my own version of French onion soup. Make a big batch of each and lasts me all week.

I may have done something very stupid yesterday I signed my kid up for hockey. He's only five so it's not to hectic of a schedule and doesn't cost much but 10yrs down the road when it cost me an arm and a leg and where constaly on the road for tournaments, I'll be kicking myself. But whose to say he'll like it that much, maybe he'll want to quit and take ballet or gymnastics Hope not.

I can't wait till monday for WI I've been so good lately and am really anxious to see this weight leave, I've even journaled faithfully for the last three weeks, thank god for computers, and Fitday, otherwise I'd be lost. I haven't been very active need to get some excersise in, maybe buy a bike for when it gets to cold. Belonged to a gym once and that's pretty much all I used, I could set it up in front of the TV and ride for hours, I think I'll have to check out Wal Mart.

Well guess I should go get some work done, take care

Last edited by Duckie25; 09-20-2002 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:23 PM   #4  

Smile Hello my lovelies!

Baylee... That's WONDERFUL! I'm SO happy for you! You're doing SO well. Exercising, eating right... YAHOO! You can SO do this! No stopping until you reach your goal weight! Thanks to all the awesome, rockin' ladies here, this thread is going to made up of the biggest LOSERS on 3FC! Whattaya think... should we challenge another thread? Just kidding--I wouldn't want them to get depressed when we leave them in our dust!

Duckie... Yes, this IS the season for colds and they're SO annoying! Take time to take care of yourself! All that yucky cold stuff aside, I'm excited for you for WI on Monday! Isn't it great to know you've been doing all the right things for yourself and you KNOW WI is going to go well?!

2Cute... I'm not familiar with that medication. Why do you HAVE to take it? How bad is it not to have your periods? I wouldn't want to take it either if it was going to cause me to become depressed!

Me? I just got back from JOGGING as I promised! Ya know, it was kind of miserable out there--not TOO hot but SUPER muggy but I did it and I feel great for it! Now I can have shower, make a healthy dinner for hubby and me and head out on the town!

See all you guys in a bit!
Sara
Old 09-20-2002, 05:38 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

Good evening everyone!

Baylee you are good! I had WI today and I only lost 1 lb but I got my 10 lb ribbon so that was incentive. I was afraid I would have gained this week since I did not journal one day this week and then I had the birthday party on the weekend....plus...I haven't started exercising yet which is my goal starting tomorrow! That and journaling all week long! I am determined to do this again! I know I can I know I can I will I will I will! And I have you motivating me! Good job on that 4.8 lbs gone this week! You are on your weigh!!

Duckie I hope you are feeling better! I am on a food kick right now too....only its Hummus! Its only 1 point for 2 tablespoons and makes a 2 point sandwich on WW bread with cucumber slices and bean sprouts! Filling too! I have it as a snack when I am looking for something to eat between meals. I have been having it at lunch too with an apple and 2 points worth of pretzels! And water of course!

Sara...jogging! Good for you! I think the earth would shake if I ever got out there and jogged! My goal this week is to go outside and take andrew for a walk in the wagon or stroller and if its too hot or raining then I am going to do my walk away the pounds videos. I know the weight comes off faster when you exercise so I need to get this rear in gear now!

2Cute what meds are you taking? I am taking provera right now to regulate mine! I have a very small cyst and have to go back in another month for another pelvic ultrasound to see if its growing...but I was skipping periods and then having one for 2 weeks at a time then having them too close together then skipping so I have been doing the provera for 3 months now and have to do it for 3 more. This month was the first regular one I have had since. Why do women have to go through this crap...can't men have a share in it? Well I guess they do when it comes to our moods! I am nasty sometimes during and I mean really down right mean...I can feel myself mean...I always warn John in advance when I feel it coming on! Hormones! Yuk!

I really have to run now and get dinner going for my little guy...his daddy is on his way home from work so they can have dinner together! I'll be back later to check in again before I go to bed!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-20-2002, 05:49 PM   #6  

Quick note:
Michelle, what is Hummus and what does it taste like, is it some kind of spreadable meat ???? Curious
Old 09-20-2002, 07:30 PM   #7  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hummus is a cool low fat spread made out of cick peas....sorry i know my name isn't michelle but i couldn't help but notice, lol. it tastes really good on crackers and pita bread, and it's low in points. it's usually in the dairy case, or it. :-D
Old 09-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #8  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hola todos!! Que hay?? (hey how is everyone?)

Tina -
Hmm, I used to be super heavy...until i started taking the pill (actually i just recently stopped and that's going to be scary). Before I started the pill, I would get my period for like 3 weeks...and it would be HEAVY. Then I wouldn;t get if for like 3-6 months...pretty scary. Actually that bring up an interesting question if anyone knows...can being overweight make your flow heavier?

2cute -
Let me know how that movie goes! I recently read an article about Goldie Hawn, so that sparked a bit of interest in me :-D Too bad right now I don't really have the money to see movies now (sore subject).

Baylee -
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE LOSS!! WOO HOO! That's like two sacks of sugar! LOL. That's five pounds closer your goal!

Duckie -
I hope you feel better!

Sara -
Sounds like you;re doing really well on the exercises...

Which reminds me..someone needs to kick me in the butt to get me off my BUTT and in front of the TV...EXERCISING...
By the way, thanks for all the nice compliments on the picture...LOL...I'm glad i seem to live up to the aura i exhume..LOL.

I'm waiting for my Irish friend to sign online ::grin::

Talk to you all later :-)
Old 09-21-2002, 01:53 AM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! It's very late, and I'm ready for bed. But I wanted to check in and say I haven't desserted you. I haven't read and I'm not able to write right now either.

One of my best friend's brother passed away suddenly on Monday (did I tell you this already? ) and so I was tied up with funeral stuff besides the normal weekly jobs.

My brain is fried and we're leaving in the morning........uhhhh......in a few hours for a supposedly huge flea market in Midland, MI. We've never been there, but another friend and her husband have been going for many years and they asked us to go along. Now, this is the friend who I vacationed with in July and you all know how that turned out! So we'll see how this one goes.

As busy as I've been I booked a movie gig for this evening, wouldn't be me if I didn't work up until the last minute! We saw The Banger Sisters. DH and I really enjoyed it. If you lived in the rock n roll 60's and early 70's you might just be able to relate to this. The scene in the basement is hysterical. I won't tell you about it, you'll have to see for yourself.

I'll talk to you all when I get back home. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-21-2002 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:59 AM   #10  

Good evening/morning friends. I still have not read the last thread so no responses tonight.
I had a WONDERFUL day !!! FUN filled for sure.
I got my house cleaned, went to the movies, hit a ton of garage sales and got some GREAT buys, went out for dinner, got some great photos developed of my grandbabies and oldest daughter, mailed my "baby" a 21st birthday card, and have gotten to play a computer game called "spider".

I did give in to the smallest bag of popcorn at the movies... but passed on the bread and friies at dinner. The rest of my day was good food wise.

I did enjoy the movie.... Banger Sisters. It is "adult" language and story line... not for children. But it was also entertaining too. I hate to recommend movies because opinions vary sooooo. Just know it is an adult movie and leave the kids home. It is about two friends who 20 years ago were a couple of "groupies" and slept with all the rock band members. They went their seperate ways and never saw each other again ... until.... now. One is still wild, the other is upper class successful wife and mother and wants to forget about her past. They reunite... and this tells about their meeting again after 20 years.

I have got to get to bed. I go to Missouri to move my folks.

Got to go.... have a GREAT LC weekend.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:34 AM   #11  

Just had to pop in and share that even though Thin posted about the movie first... I saw it at 1:30pm and she didn't see it till 8:40pm ... so I still beat her.

Baylee, Michelle and Sara... HEAVEN FORBID I don't want to have any more kids. I love being a GRANDMOTHER.
I quit having periods over 10 years ago. The doctor said it is due to my obesity. A woman needs to shed the lining of her ovaries or uterus (through periods) to prevent cancer. I don't remember the name of the medication... I only know.. every time I take it... I get severely depressed. This medication used to work... but not for several years now. They test me to see if I am in menapause... but they say no. Soooo, since I am not in menapause... they want me to continue taking this medication to make me start. I am suppose to take it every other month... but she agreed to 3-4 times a year. I go to the doctor again in about 3-4 months and I am going to try and get off of it. The older I get... the more depressed I seem to get.
Some people flow heavier when they gain weight... others like me quit all together. Of course not many get as big as me either.

I think , no I know, that I still have mood swings when I "should" be having a period. It sucks being female sometimes.
Got to go now... really. LOL
Old 09-21-2002, 05:16 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

My goodness......you guys have been busy! You make me feel like a total slug. Or, I could feel like a slug today, because I have been a slug today. Both the boys were out of school today due to teachers meetings and it wasn't really that bad. They were both really quiet this morning so I was able to get some rest. I swear, I don't know what's the matter with me. I have been so blah lately. I don't want to do anything. Dh is usually very understanding, but last night he said, "What is the matter with you? You don't want to go anywhere or do anything with me?" Then he left in a huff. He was going to a local highschool football game and all I wanted to do is sleep. And so I did. When he got back, he hardly even talked to me. Then when I got to work, I called him and asked him what was wrong, and he said, "What's the matter with you? You act like you don't even love me anymore. You never want to go anywhere or do anything. What's going on?" I didn't know what to tell him, because honestly, I don't know the answer. I think it's a combination of things. I'm still getting used to thirds.........I'm very unhappy with myself right now and the way I look and you know how that affects you and the ol TOM thing is definitely not helping. I told him I would make an effort to sleep more during the day so I could do more things with him at night. He just said, "We'll see." I can't blame him for being frustrated with me right now. I'm frustrated with me too. Plus, I have been a bear to live with this week. I have bit his head off for the least little thing and he's such a good man. Shame on me.
I am thinking about trying L.A. Weightloss. Has anyone heard of it or know anything about it? They just opened up a new location here in my town and I've heard pretty good things about it, but I didn't know if any of you knew about it firsthand. WW is such a good program, but I am really burnt out on the points thing right now. It doesn't have anything to do with WW. It is probably the best program on the market, but I need something new to jumpstart me. You know what I mean??

2cute: I sure do with I could take some kind of medication for my TOM. It's horrible. I have terrible mood swings. (of which you have witnessed) The flow is outrageous. I have already went through a whole box of supplies. This is one part of the female drudgery I could definitely do without. Good luck.

Baylee: Congrats on the weight loss. You are my hero!

Michelle: Congrats to you also sweetie. Considering how your week went, I think you did terrific.

Thin: Sorry to hear about your friend's brother passing. That must be really hard. Have fun at the flea market. Come see us when you get back. {{{{hugs}}}}

MissMeliss: Thanks for letting us know what hummus was. Some of us probably already knew, but I didn't have a clue. (as usual)

SaraJoy: You are my definite inspiration this week! I can't even imagine jogging. Of course, jogging entails moving, and we know how much of that I've done lately. Still the thought is nice......maybe instead of just thinking about it, I may actually get off my butt one of these days and DO IT!

Mary: Hello sweetie! Hope you are ok.

Duckie: You have no idea how much I have missed you and how glad I am to see you back! I have always tried to let my kids do the sports they have wanted to do. My dh used to play football and he used to push it on our older son & he just didn't care for it and that was a really bitter pill for dh to swallow. He likes wrestling instead, but my younger one is really into football, so dh gets to re-live his glory days. Sorry your feeling bad. {{passing Duckie some chicken soup, tissue, oj and aspirin}} Feel better.

I don't know where everyone else is, but GET YOUR BUTTS IN HERE! This thread is filling up and filling up fast! You just may miss something. Hello to Malia, Lucky, (probably still on the man hunt) Susie, J-ann -Where are you?! I miss my family when I don't see you everyday. Of course, you could just have a life. Hope you are all well, and I hope to see you tomorrow.

Love you much,
Old 09-21-2002, 08:28 AM   #13  

Hi, everyone sure has been busy.

I have to leave in a couple minutes...my SIL and three of our friends are coming to go garage saling and to a yearly "fest" in a town near us. They have flea markets and crafts plus food, (luckily I don't like what they serve) a book sale at the library Hippee (Mary). A few years ago I bought a classic collection of old books there and love them...Tolstoy etc.... Anyway, that's my morning.... In the afternoon we will be back home to get the kids and take them in for the "kid" part of the day. I haven't planted my Iris or tulips yet. I did put up a "thing" for some Trumpet Vine I planted but then an old friend stopped in. One of those I shouldn't have let get away in my past..but, alas...he is married now.

Tina: Don't you just hate it when you go into one of those "funk" times. Just remember...we have all been there and have lived through them.

I had better go and find a jacket...43 here!!!!! brrrrr

Will let you know how life here ends up here on the prairie for today later....Baylee, Congrats....now we can shiver the fat off!!!!
Old 09-21-2002, 09:37 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!!

I finally have something weight related to report AND as usual lots of unweight related stuff!

Well this morning I made the pact like you others to not come on here until I have done something constructive in the house AND exercised! So here I am to report both! I cleaned the bathroom, threw in a load of wash, changed the sheets on the bed and did my 2 mile walk away the pounds video! The sweat is pouring off my back as we speak! OR rather as I type! I let the little guy out in the backyard with the dog and put that dvd in an moved my fat arse! I also found a Richard disco sweat dvd on ebay that I ordered about a month ago and never opened....I may try that one this afternoon if I get real ambitious! I want this weight OFF OFF OFF!! Another thing...I even journaled my breakfast! AND....I am working on glass number 4 of my water right now! I am half way there for the day! Once I cool off I am going to run over to Acme....they are having there $1 produce sale. I want to make the veggie soup. Thats zero points and a great snack midday when you have the munchies! You can acutally make a zero point meal with the veggie soup and a salad with balsamic vinegar for the dressing. I've done it before...it really fills you up!

Tina I just want to say I LOVE YOUR HUSBAND! What man EVER complains his wife doesn't spend enough time with him! OMG those have been my favorite words to the men in my life all my life! My ex and now occassionally John...YOU are the LUCKIEST woman I know! As far as the moodiness...you need time to readjust to that schedule of yours. Working nights never lets you adjust totally because on your days off the timing is all wrong! Just remember to take care of yourself too, we all need time to ourselves! Last night friends of ours were all going to the local bar where another friend bartends, I was tired and really didn't want to go so I told John to go ahead and go...I think he was shocked slightly...I guess his ex always threw a fit when he went out with his friends...but we all need time away from each other. He rarely goes out and is always home with me and Andrew and he works so many darn hours he needs time too! Its a give and take in any relationship...I know I know...I just babbled about nothing again! Anyway...smile, do what you have to do to make yourself HAPPY and then pay attention to that hubby! Oh and as far as LA Weight loss...don't they make you buy supplements and stuff? I had a friend who did that but then gained the weight back....I don't think you should be embarrassed to go back to weight watchers! Many people do it over and over and over again just like ME...I lost 97 lbs and gained it back but I don't care what anyone thinks each time I go back...at least we are there trying to fix ourselves! I am an avid fan of WW because the plan teaches you how to eat and control REAL food...I tried other plans like nutrisystem etc but you eat their food and then you don't know how to control real food! But...you have to do whats best for you sweetie! Remember...YOU first!!

Lucky...have you ever heard of the word D I V O R C E? LOL That friend of yours could be a catch again! You just never know??? Your knight in shining armour is around somewhere...I finally found mine! I moved to Pennsylvania from Rhode Island back in December 1998. I had met a guy on line who lives here and I had an Uncle who lived here. Well I met this guy the October before and I knew that nothing would become of us...but I decided it was best to move from RI to get away from my husband ....and I figured that if I didn't move and at least give the relationship a try I would never know for sure. Well we are still friends today...but at one point I knew we werent' heading anywhere and I was driving home from work one day and I said..."OK God..you put Bob in my life to get me here...now why am I here?" And wouldn't you know...within that week John asked me out and the rest is history!

2Cute it really does suck being female! I would like to see one man go through labor! LOL Even with my weight as high as it was I would only have a period for 3 days and I loved it! It was normal flow but only 3 days. My friends use to get pissed at me! Now with the provera its 5 days....oh and another thing...I would like to see a man go through a period with cramps and all! They would never make it!

Duckie...hummus is cooked chick peas also known as garbanzo beans. THey add flavors like roasted eggplant (my favorite), lemon, forty spices, garlic etc. the one I get is from Tribe of two shieks. Like Mel said you can put it on crackers or pita bread or use it as a dip for raw veggies. I love it as a sandwich...2 slices of WW bread and 2 Tablespoons of hummus is only 2 points total and a filling snack or lunch. I have been taking that and an apple for lunch for a total of 3 pts. Can't beat that!!

Baylee just think....you lost a 10 lb bag of potatoes and 2 lbs of butter! Try carrying that around with you all day long and you will see what a difference it is! I like to visualize that way...makes me not want to gain it back...I would be exhausted after carrying a 10 lb bag of potaoes with me all day! You are doing a great job...

Thin.....you never did tell me how to get a job like yours! You have had your share of funerals this past year! Whats up with all that? I hate funerals! What happened to your friend's brother?

Mel....consider yourself kicked! IF I can do it...then you can too! So start shaking that booty!!

Ok I think I covered everyone here...where are the rest of ya's ??
Susie, Kat....??

I need to change Andrew's clothes he is all dirty from playing in the dirt and then we are off to the produce sale!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-21-2002, 10:25 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning

Remember Me? Geez, I miss a day of posting and the threads are just whizzing by! Funny how missing a day feels like a week! Have I been that busy in the past two days? I guess so...dh and I were both off yesterday, an unusual occurrance. We had a breakfast "date" after kids went off to school. I had to get some sleep in after that (working nights SUCKS!) When I woke up around 3:00, my sister called and asked me to meet her at the ER, she was having trouble breathing. Turns out she's got bronchitis, they gave her a breathing treatment and some prescriptions and sent her on her way after about 4 hours of sitting and waiting...and waiting...and waiting... so much for my day off! We were going to go to the movies last night (I'm dying to see "The Banger Sisters!") I just didn't have the energy to go anywhere after the ER adventure...just home, sweet home.

My daughter came in with a gang of her friends and hung out with us. It was fun. I like the fact that they feel they can come here, hang out with us and will talk about anything. One of her friends is gay and apparently, the parents of my daughter's boyfriend have decided that their son is not allowed to hang out with him any more because of that. We also found out that they felt that my daughter is from "the wrong side of the tracks," but once they met her, they loved her. This coming from people who apparently were from the 'wrong side' themselves, once upon a time. He came into big $$$ somehow and now they feel the rest of the world is beneath them. Nouveau riche. I wonder if they realize how much the "old money folks" laugh at them. The sad thing is, their son is really a nice, down to earth kid. He loves coming here, always thanks us for being so normal. He literally HATES his parents. How sad.

I tried to post individually, but my brain is fried and I have too much that I need to accomplish today...I'll try to get back here later...to get a better post in...

Hang in there, gang!

PS...I have exercised 5 out of the last 6 days!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-21-2002 at 10:53 AM.
Closed Thread