Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Default Am A Junk food addict!

I can't stop and always thinking of junk foods.I am losing and gaining few pounds and with my major compulsive eating behavior..I just can not stop and want to eat normal.

I live with my family, no kids, just me, my mom and 2 sisters and they are not a heavy set woman. They snack on cake, candies, and I have no escape from it.

I want to join here and work on eating 3 healthy meals and no snacking...I am considering ditching the scale for good, that piece of metal just make it even worse for my mindset. This is an eating lifestyle exercise and won't focus on numbers anymore. I had enough!!

So On Wednesday morning will focus on 3 healthy meals plus walking regimen.

Have a nice evening.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Have you looked into South Beach? It is absolutely amazing how cravings are controlled once you get rid of sugars and processed foods. AMAZING. The first few days are difficult, but pretty good after that.

Check out our forum and see if it's something you'd like!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #3  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I second the recommendation to try out South Beach if you are having uncontrollable cravings. If you are faithful to follow the plan and cut the junk out of your way of eating, then your cravings will completely disappear. It's pretty amazing.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

I'm following primal, and it's been 8 weeks since I've had any type of grain or sugar and it was hard at first, but it has gotten easier. This is coming from a girl who used to do the Krispy Kreme drive-in for a dozen donuts and eat them all in one day. You can do it! South Beach, Primal or another low carb option might be helpful for you.
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliann View Post
I can't stop and always thinking of junk foods.I am losing and gaining few pounds and with my major compulsive eating behavior..I just can not stop and want to eat normal.

I live with my family, no kids, just me, my mom and 2 sisters and they are not a heavy set woman. They snack on cake, candies, and I have no escape from it.

I want to join here and work on eating 3 healthy meals and no snacking...I am considering ditching the scale for good, that piece of metal just make it even worse for my mindset. This is an eating lifestyle exercise and won't focus on numbers anymore. I had enough!!

So On Wednesday morning will focus on 3 healthy meals plus walking regimen.

Have a nice evening.
Hi. Check out our forum for Ideal Protein as long as you are researching options that are low carb focused.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

I had reached a point last year that I felt food was controlling me. I was gaining faster than at any other time in my life (29 pounds in 12 weeks). I was constantly hungry no matter what I had just eaten and I needed large portions to feel full.

A friend introduced me to ideal protein. It has been around a long time in France and Canada and is relatively new to the USA. It was designed by a doctor, is low carb, and was created to reset the pancreas. The idea is that as our pancreas becomes unhealthy, we can develop Hyperinsulinemia which is most often not detected until it becomes early diabetes. This break down causes a lot of the weight related health issues we face from acid reflux/gerd, brain fog, fatigue, joint pain, high blood pressure, and cholesterol issues to name a few. The diet is designed to help you regain the health of the pancreas and correct the insulin issue while losing weight.

I lost 47 pounds in 10 weeks. I felt great!! It took 4 days to get over the hunger and cravings and now, 5 months later, I don't have them at all. I have gone from a size 20 to a size 10 and lost a total of 85 pounds. I still have about 30 or 35 to go and, now, lose at around 2 pounds or so a week so, about 4 months. BUT, in under 1 year, I will have lost 120 pounds. That is more than I could have hoped for and more than I have ever done. AND, I feel healthier. I started and felt tired, pained, and had acid stomach. It all was gone in the first month. I don't feel out of control with food. I can walk by a food court or restaurant and not care. I no longer feel like an entire pizza won't begin to fill me! I can sit at a table and watch others eat fries, chips and salsa, or bread and it doesn't tempt me.

Maybe it would be a good thing to look into?? If not, best wishes and I truly hope you find what works best for you!

Below are the official sites for the program to assist you in your search.

http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_usen.asp?no=215
http://www.idealtogo.com/
http://www.trantiendiet.com/index_en.html
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/246/130

Height: 5'2

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've heard a lot of good things about South Beach as well. I myself enjoy calorie counting so if there is a day when I want to have an indulgence I can just factor it in to my calories without going overboard!
addictedtoretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Thank you all for your suggestions ... I am counting points, but not doing good..I think I will do low carb..again, Thank you.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #8  

I wouldn't recommend throwing away your scale or deciding to never weigh in. Personally, knowing I have to face the scale keeps me motivated and keeps me reliable, because I know that I eat bad or cheat, the scale will show it the next day. If I never weighed in then I know I would get off track everyday.

Good luck! You can do this!
ccook43091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #9  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

It's best to stop eating junk food cold turkey. Once it's gone from your system you won't want it anymore. If you find yourself craving it, then try to find something to distract yourself with. Good luck.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote