Old 05-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Really Confused About What Type of Exercise is Best

Hi all, I'm wondering what type of exercise works best for you. My center told me to be in fat burn mode during cardio- for me that means my heart rate should stay at 135 and do it for 30min. Well when I do that, I don't feel like I am getting a good workout.
So I am wondering what you do and what does your center recommend for you. Also I have a very sedentary job, from 8-5 I hardly move at all, so I want to get the most effective workout I can.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

One of my center's couselors is a personal trainer and she has been giving exercise classes. She is showing us supersets. An example is doing a squat then as you come up using dumbells to do bicep curls. She has us using several muscles at one time and doing them constantly and moving from one exercise to another and you really get your heart rate up too. Its a great concept becuase you get cardio and weight/strength training at the same time. Plus you are saving time because combining multiple muscle groups into one exercise takes less time.
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote