South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Terrific Tuesday

I'm on vacation! Of course I have to start my day here with you Chicks. I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and come back to chat before starting to organize. Can I pour anyone else a cup?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Cyndi, happy vacation!
And good morning to those to come!

Things went well at school yesterday. My classroom was a mess and I've still got work to do on that front but otherwise things went fine with the substitutes and the kids sure were happy to have me back. I had kids from other classrooms hugging me in the hall and on the playground saying they missed me. Nothing like little kids to make sure you know you're loved. My colleagues were great too, lots of welcome backs and quick, quiet "I'm sorry for your loss" type comments. I'm sure glad to have that first day back hurdle behind me. Best of all it was amazingly easy to get back into my eating well and exercising routine yesterday, and I'm looking forward to the same for today. Hooray for healthy habits!

I've got an easy day ahead today, school and bus duty but no meetings or other responsibilities today. I'm thinking I'll hit the grocery store and do some laundry after school but other than that my afternoon and evening will be my own.

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-18-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:45 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for the coffee, Cyndi! I'm ready! I'm so glad for you to get to vacation-and do your favorite thing, at that! Have a great day!

Heidi, I really had a visual of all the kids greeting you. Very sweet! They must make it much easier to get back in the groove. Have and uneventful day!

Me, heading out with Bing, making Nieman Marcus Choc Chip Cookies(for the fundraiser) I don't eat them if I bake in the AM and freeze them. Gardening at 7, Dog walking at 8, pool and 9, meeting at noon....Law and Order at 2...Jeopardy at 6...

I'll be back, Bingie and I are headed to the great outdoors!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Coffee poured and some consumed and To Do list started. I got a lot done yesterday morning but the topsy turvy day wasn't the best for vacation prepping. We plan to relax this morning, try to get out by 10 so we can bird before checking in but we will play it by ear

Heidi - So glad your day back went well. Congratulations on jumping right back into healthy habits.

Debbie - Hope you and Bing are enjoying your morning walk

I can't wait to get to Maine and to get away even for 3 days. Seems like there's just been a lot to think about lately and it will be good to have a change of scenery with no one expecting me to do anything

Hope your Tuesday is full of sun and smiles (and scotch for Ruth )
Old 05-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning to Cyndi, Heidi, Debbie and whomever else is lurking.

I managed to sleep until after five this morning and have already been outside checking my plant charges. They slept outside last night because it's finally warming up around here. I'll be glad to get them into the ground but don't think it'll happen this week. I'm still waiting for some earth to arrive for new village containers.

Claire and I do Good Food Box this morning and then I start digging up plants for the Church sale. I usually pot, label, price and take them directly to the back of the Church but we have no water at the Church. No electricity means no water around here but the lads are working on it. In the meantime my lane looks like a plant nursery. Book club tonight just up the hill at Liz's house. It's her birthday so I've made her that cake.

The dogs are loving the warm weather and want to be outside all the time. I do too but have way too much desk work these days.

Oh well - a field is not ploughed by turning it over in your mind so I'll just get on with it and play in the earth this afternoon!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, happy first day of vacation! I had just made a latte when I saw your offer of coffee, so I'll take a rain check. Have a great trip to Maine, and toss a wave in the direction of Bar Harbor to Caite for me.

Heidi, I'm happy those first day back hurdles are behind you, too, and that you had a pretty good day. I knew those little ones would be really missing you and give you a warm welcome back!

Debbie, it sounds like you're prepared to keep yourself occupied while Kurt is away. Have a nice romp outside with Bing!

The kids were originally supposed to have today off school, but they are using it as a make-up day. I was looking forward to enjoying their company all day, but I'll have to find something else to do. I started the huge task of weeding all the beds in between rain showers yesterday, and believe me, Cindy has extensive gardens! So if I can get outside today, I'll try to make more progress on that. Her house is on the Home & Gardens Tour in June, so we're getting everything all spiffied up for that event.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning

I hope you have a fabulous vacation Cyndi.

Heidi - What a nice welcome back you had. And good for you, getting right back on track.

Debbie - I managed not to eat any of the cookies I baked yesterday. But it did probably lead to my extra snacks in the evening. The hardest part for me is not eating the dough!

Ruth - Maybe my imagination of that cake is worse than knowing what it really is!

Linda - What to they (you) do during the summer?

DS1 and his friend got in last night and had an uneventful flight. But I got to bet way past my usual hour and was up early. Tired. I start physical therapy this morning and am interested to see how that goes. Not sure how my week will otherwise play out with DS having a friend staying.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I hope you can spare a few moments today to get out and bask in the warm sunshine amongst all those plants! Wish Liz a happy birthday from me and have someone eat a slice of that cake on my behalf.

Karen, it sounds like you have a full house for the summer! I hope your therapy goes well and that before long your shoulder will be back to normal.
During the summer months my hours usually are much longer. But I'm free to bring the girls over here to my house or make whatever plans we want. Last summer, I took the girls to the shore for a few days and it worked out fine, so we'll most likely plan a trip there again this summer.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday, Chickies!

Cyndi, Vacation! WooHoo!!! Enjoy your trip to Maine.

Heidi, There is nothing better than hugs from a bunch of kids. I love visiting Auston's Kindergarten class.

Debbie, You are strong to be able to make cookies without eating them...

Ruth, I have plants waiting to be planted, too. Our weather is great. I just need time!

Cottage, Nothing like a tour of homes to make you clean up!

Karen, My MIL had knee replacement. She called her physical therapist "Satan". I hope your PT is kinder.

Me: The eating has been going well, but the scale is being stubborn. It's not my friend. I need to stay off of the thing!

It's been very busy around here. Between tee ball and the end of the school year, my evenings have been crazy! Auston announced last night, "I will be a first grader in 8 days!" sigh.... He's growing up too fast.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cookies are in the oven....

Karen, I tried one-this is a new recipe and since we're selling them...resisted the dough...I'm strongest in the morning when I'm enjoying my coffee. Glad your Son made it in ok. Enjoy your visit!

Ruth, you need a secretary! Maybe you could cross train the cabana boy! I wish I could see your yard-shaping up to be beautiful! Take care.

Linda, wow, Cindy's garden sounds like a huge project-does she have a gardener other than you? Enjoy those lattes.

Chelby, nice to see you! Auston says the cutest things! Stick with good eating-it does affect the scale-and how you feel!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #11  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning Everyone!!

Cyndi have fun bird watching in Maine.

Heide Glad yesterday was good. Gotta love those kid hugs.

Debbie Have a great day. Not sure i could bake the cookies and not taste.

Ruth Have fun at the B'day party!!

Linda Hope you have find something fun todo while the girls are at school.

Karen Hope PT is ok!!

Chelby- Our babies grow up so fast. DD will be a seventh grader next year. The school is called "junior high school" which sounds very scary LOL

Me not much going on today! Hubby worked all night and about 230 the black lab decided to start her scary bark at something. LOL I just rolled over and went back to sleep once she stopped barking. I figured if someone was coming in the house she wouldn't stop barking. I was to tired to move or get up.

Have a great day

Tammie
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #12  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Cyndi, I hope you're having a great time on vacation!

Heidi, I'm so glad to hear the transition back was a smooth one. Yay for you jumping back on plan so easily!

Debbie, Nieman Marcus cookies? I've never heard of such a thing... Sounds fancy! Sounds like you have a busy day planned ahead-- enjoy!

Ruth, you slept outside? You're brave lady! There are too many raccoons where I live to feel comfortable sleeping exposed outside. I bought 2 heirloom tomato plants yesterday and I thought of you (and the other gardeners here). lol.

Cottage, Sorry your plans were changed. A day with the girls sounds like it would have been nice. Enjoy the gardening instead!

Karen, Hope you find time for a nap and physical therapy goes well!

Chelby, Sorry about the stubborn scale. I hope the evenings quiet down for you.

Tammie, lol about the dog! Have a great day!

I'm off to school here in a bit. I can't wait for this month to be over and summer to officially be here. It sure gets stressful as classes wind down to finals. Yesterday Andrea and I went for our usual walk through the harbor and down the beach, but we got distracted by all the sand washed glass! We hunched over for at least 30-45 mins and picked up tons of little treasures. I'm still bogged down by research papers... can't wait for that to be over! Hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

no time to post crazy crazy got to read most posts hope everyone is doing well

Chelby the stinking scale is not being kind to me, I think when I schedule my yearly physical next month I am going to ask for blood work and thyroid test to see if anything is going on or if it is just age slowing my metabolism down.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #14  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Beautiful day in the Midwest here today. Looking for a new couch as my doggies have done a number on my old one and the cushions are wearing thin. Can't find what I want. I don't want to have to order something and wait for weeks. Getting my planters all filled with flowers on the front porch and my flower beds are looking gorgeous. My Siberian irises are blooming and the neighbor's lilac smells so good. I love spring! Hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Hello Chicks, busy day today..... but got lots done. Hope you are all having a wonderful OP day. Enjoy your eveing.
I am off shortly for a 6.5 km walk and then home for BL.
Have a great night. LC
Closed Thread