Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Staying focused during the last 10lbs

I'm about 10lbs away, maybe more, but I'm going to start my maintenance program at 148 I think. But I'm really anxious about getting there and it seems like it's taking forever. Although I know nothing is going to change I'm ready to be at a stable clothing size and I'm so sick of being in between sizes. I'm ready for a few extra cals too. I'm losing at about 1600 a day and that's ok (I know I know, I'm very lucky to be losing there), but I really like 1800 and figure at 148 my body will actually probably still lose, slowly mind you but still lose and I'll naturally settle in at 140-145 maitenance range which I think will be a good spot for me. But I'm just so ready to be there and some days I'm just like oh just call it let's start maintaining now, but I know I'm not there yet, the journey is not complete. I'm terrified of slowing down my metabolism so I refuse to drop my cals to speed this up and with my past experience and current activity level I don't think that would work anyway. I'm pretty maxed out on my exercising with my schedule and I know I just need to be patient, but I want it now...I want to look in mirror and be like ok...I did now let's go shopping! No I'm kidding, I just want this to be my life now and not something to be completed. I know I can think of it anyway I want to, but until I'm done losing weight I'll still feel like I'm on a diet even though I know I'm not and this is how life is going to be. So anyway how did you stay focused and not feel impatient during those last lbs?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #2  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Same problem here. So near and yet so far. And not much will change once I get there.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
I'm about 10lbs away, maybe more, but I'm going to start my maintenance program at 148 I think. But I'm really anxious about getting there and it seems like it's taking forever. Although I know nothing is going to change I'm ready to be at a stable clothing size and I'm so sick of being in between sizes. I'm ready for a few extra cals too. I'm losing at about 1600 a day and that's ok (I know I know, I'm very lucky to be losing there), but I really like 1800 and figure at 148 my body will actually probably still lose, slowly mind you but still lose and I'll naturally settle in at 140-145 maitenance range which I think will be a good spot for me. But I'm just so ready to be there and some days I'm just like oh just call it let's start maintaining now, but I know I'm not there yet, the journey is not complete. I'm terrified of slowing down my metabolism so I refuse to drop my cals to speed this up and with my past experience and current activity level I don't think that would work anyway. I'm pretty maxed out on my exercising with my schedule and I know I just need to be patient, but I want it now...I want to look in mirror and be like ok...I did now let's go shopping! No I'm kidding, I just want this to be my life now and not something to be completed. I know I can think of it anyway I want to, but until I'm done losing weight I'll still feel like I'm on a diet even though I know I'm not and this is how life is going to be. So anyway how did you stay focused and not feel impatient during those last lbs?
Really, you could stop angonizing over this and start maintaining now. Maintenance - food and exercise-wise - doesn't look a lot different from losing. Just adding in a few more calories of the kinds of food you've been eating. Many people continue to lose for a bit after they declare themselves done. There's nothing magic about maintenance, and why not go shopping now? You don't have to buy a full wardrobe, but one or two things in a new size will do wonders (I know this from experience, and had to control myself as I know I'll be in another size soon enough ). If you don't want to spend the money for new stuff, try consignment shops.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote