Old 05-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #24

Good Morning! Since we were at #19, I thought I would start a new thread, rather than roll to a second page. The sun is shining again today, and it has warmed up to 61 degrees already! Bob just left to meet Jason at the lake; they are going to finish the shower project, mow, and maybe start picking up the junk on the beach. The new neighbor in back of us put in a buried dog fence -- big dog that has already bitten the guy next door to us. The new guy also thinks his beach junk goes on our side so Bob needs to get a few things straight before summer gets underway. I am mostly concerned about the little kids if the dog is outside. I have the sheriff's # handy! I need to do some picking up and vacuum. I love the sun but it sure shows every little piece of fur, crumb, and dust on the floor.

Maggie -- I had to chuckle about you telling people you can't eat something because you break out in fat! That is a classic! I love it! Are the DQ fudge bars labeled as WW? We don't go to DQ here anymore because it was so dirty the last time we were there and our order, as well as others, was totally messed up. I might go in and see if they have the bars although ice cream is something I can take or leave. Enjoy the wedding today. I'm sure you will be fine foodwise; it sounds like the couple likes bar-b-que!

Susan -- The crops could use a couple 90 degree days. I thought my dentist was expensive with cleaning and checkup being $85. We don't have dental insurance. We used to buy it as extra, but the plan wasn't paying much and the kids were still home. I needed several root canals and crowns over the years, and the insurance didn't pay hardly anything. Beth just had a root canal and it was $700! She is lucky to have good dental insurance. The hygienist (?) showed Beth a list of 13 things they thought she needed to have done -- none of which were causing any pain nor were cavities. I told her I thought they were drumming up business!

Maggie -- Are you out and about grocery shopping?

I have the first load of laundry going and it should be ready for the dryer. Have a GREAT day and enjoy!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 05-15-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is another beautiful day here in the Heartland. The sun is shining and the birds are tweeterpating and all is well. Will is out mowing the lawn and Ragg Mopp is sleeping at my feet. I am sipping coffee and typing here. All I have to face as challenges this weekend are two graduation parties and potluck tomorrow. All food things. Hopefully the folks throwing the BBQ this evening will bring their left overs of the meat to the potluck. The South Beach Supercharged Diet book came today so I have something to peruse.

JEAN I never did understand why folks want a dog that bites. That is kinda scarey having him so close when the kids are out playing. Sounds like your men are getting the cabin in good shape for a fun filled summer playland for the family. Thanks so much for starting a new thread for us. I don't think the DQ fudge bars are labeled as WW because the place to get them is DQ and not in stores. But they are certainly WW friendly with all that fiber and being sugar free and fat free. The wedding was yesterday and went very well.

Well DONNA FAYE & SUSAN I do hope both of you are doing well this Saturday day. Keep out of trouble you two.

I am going to go now and get something to eat. Type at y'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #3  

Good early morning to you all! I see I again didn't get in here yesterday. Seems like if I don't get in here early I forget I never came here to shout at y'all.

The commissary was open yesterday but there were some big blank spots of stuff they didn't have so I had to go to Walmart and get the rest. The gas station/convenience store across the street on the base is closed up tight so I imagine the commissary was under water too and had to restock everything. That must have been a job to clean up and do.

Well, they are putting me on a different hormone to try and stabilize me until my body adjusts. She says this one should work and has many less side effects. Only problem is, the Walgreens across the street didn't have the dosage and called the clinic but she never called them back so I haven't gotten the pills yet. I told her I expected to come in and she say the only recourse is to take it all out, but she said, "No!" She told me that would be a very very last resort as I have nothing wrong with any of my female organs that it is almost assuredly hormonal imbalance and after talking to her for awhile about different things she assured me that I wouldn't have to take the things for life and that my body would eventually adjust itself. I want to get started so this will stop. On top of that, I happen to see my regular dr as I was coming out of the room with the gyn and she stopped and back pedaled to talk to me and I showed her my feet and lower legs. I have an appt at 8 on Monday morning to change up my bp meds again. I think we will halve the dosage of the Norvasc and increase the Itenolol. She didn't do that before because we wanted to see if it would work, but the swelling continues to happen and this med is notorious for causing the swelling. I noticed the last few days as I was watching for it that towards late evening the swelling goes down some and overnight even more then about 3 hours after taking my morning meds it starts up again. My Sherlock Holmes conclusion is that the meds have worked their way out towards evening and overnight and then when they are back in my system start up again. I think if I'd quit taking the Norvasc for a couple days completely my feet would go back to normal so maybe going back to my orginal dosage will do the trick in combination with upping the other. I guess it will be one day at a time to get me fixed up. My gyn says the being hungry all the time and even the weight gain can be caused by the hormone flux. I told her I feel really hungry all the time now and I used to be able to control it, but it seems I can't ever get rid of the feeling I am starving. So, I may get everything cleared up. I sure do hope so because I have been miserable the last few months and I want to get this weight off badly.

On a lighter and much nicer note, I talked to Jay yesterday and of course Jackson. Jay said, "Come talk to Nonny." I heard this chipper, "Hi, Nonny!" and then we discussed his breakfast, he told me love you and went back to it. Jay took a picture of him waving at me as he ate breakfast. Is he growing or what? His birthday is only 4 weeks from now and Alicia sent me his clothing sizes and he wears a size 6 shirt and 5 pants and he isn't even 3 yet! He has skinnied up like his dad did around the same time and is going to be a tall boy looks like. He is all about Spiderman so Nonny spidermanned him to death for his birthday. I ordered him a spiderman big boys bike with training wheels, a spiderman helmet and bell for his bike, a spiderman shorts and shirt set, 2 spiderman puzzles and a spiderman memory game so he is all spiderman set. On top of that, one of his pair of socks is blue and red so he can spiderman that too.

Maggie: I don't know what it is about our group that no one hangs around. I thought the last gal that was from Memphis seemed interested in being with us, but she didn't last but a day or so. Maybe I scared her off since I knew where she worked and such. You know in this day and age people are leery of cyber people knowing too much about you because you could be anybody. Maybe we don't talk about losing weight enough? I am so glad you are having success with SBD. I know it is hard the first two weeks but it can be done.

Susan: We are having hot temps here and very humid and sticky. My non carpeted flooring seems damp and sticky all the time and drives me nuts. It rained a monsoon about an hour ago but it is all quiet here right now. I noticed last evening I kept hearing a whacking noise on the window out back then a sound like someone was on the deck. The gate and garage were locked so I peeked out the blinds to see who was out there and on my trash can sat a HUGE crow! It seemed to be eyeballing me and gave me the willies via Edgar Allen Poe. I expected it to start saying "never more, never more."

Jean: Hope Bob and Jason got their shower project finished. Jack and I would never even attempt it! lol I can't believe the guy isn't keeping his dog away from others better if he is a biter. You sure don't want the little ones to let him get at them. I will take my little sweety dog anytime over the bigs ones. He sure keeps us in stitches with his antics. I bought him new treats since he seems bored with his old ones. One of them are these t-bone steak shaped treats. He gets a treat everytime he goes out to the bathroom. Anyway, he didn't eat it and I scolded him and told him I paid $5 for the dang things and he better eat them. I thought he had but a bit later Jack came downstairs from his office and said Fortune had taken his treat upstairs and it was sitting at the top of the stairs! About half an hour later, Jack came back down to watch tv and Fortune was laying on the end of the couch, tail end against the back of the couch and his head hanging over the end and beside him lay the treat! I guess he figured if mom scolded him he better carrying it around with him rather than leave it on the floor! I guess he finally ate it because I haven't seen it anywhere. Did you get your mail out all done?

I guess I better go. I have started the red and blue socks even though I am not finished with the other. As soon as Jack gets me stupid printer set up so I can download, I will show you the multi colored sock for Jackson I finished. Have a grand day. Today is laundry and then get my nails done. Wanted to do it yesterday when I went to Walmart, but they were 6 deep with only two tech so I said I would come back later.

Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jacksonbreakfast.jpg (23.4 KB, 10 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #4  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, but the clouds are building in the western sky. Rain is to move in later this afternoon. I've been to early church and Bob is still there waiting to sing for 2nd service. I was hoping we might wash windows this afternoon, but if it rains that's a mute point. Bob, Jason, and Ian finished the shower project at the lake yesterday. Part of the cabin sits on blocks; one of the bathroom doors wouldn't shut easily and we knew that part of the floor was sagging. All 3 went under the cabin and used blocks and jacks to support the sagging floor; now the door swings shut! The funny part is the guys have to go through a hole in the bedroom floor; Ian thought that was the most fun he'd had in a long time! Jason is bigger than Bob and when they get down there they are pretty much stuck in one position; Ian was a good "gofer" and hopped in and out of the hole with ease. We know that when the cabin has to be sold that whoever buys it will most likely tear it down and rebuild. There's also a leak in the roof and 4 rotten windows that need replacing. This is as bad as a house needing multiple repairs. We didn't really do anything last summer and I'm sure all these repairs were there waiting. Bob says we are "deMoming" the place with a new shower, kitchen sink, curtains, and kitchen light!

Maggie -- I hope your weather is cooperating for the graduation celebrations today. We recognized the seniors at church today, and I honestly have to say that I've only seen 3 out of the 10 listed in church. I do think a couple of them go to the 2nd service because I know their parents are involved on church committees. Two were no shows which didn't surprise me because I remember them from school last year. The church ladies furnished a reception for them after church where they get up to tell about their future plans. Do you have any "real" favorites from the SB recipes that you have been creating? Bob mentioned we should get busy on it; he has an appt. with his doctor the end of May and wants more than 5#s gone by then.

"Gma" -- I hope the change in hormones and bp dosage will help you! I am surprised that WG's didn't have what you needed. Jackson looks so grown up in his picture. Kolby is a big Spiderman fan also. He got a costume for his birthday and I told Beth I hoped he wouldn't think he could do the stunts from the top of the house! Ernie just tried some different treats; he is like me and likes crunchy rather than soft.

I have a load of towels to fold so best get moving. Have a nice Sunday and enjoy your day!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 05-16-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #5  

Good afternoon, ladies! A nice day in the low 70s. The last 2 nights we've had storms during the night.

Glory and I were invited to a special dinner for those who shop at the quilt shop and contribute a lot of ideas on how to make it better. The owner had lasagna, salad, a veggie tray, pizza and cheese cake, fruit pizza, and 2chocolate cakes. Very good and very tempting.

I went to church this morning and I'm going to Joann Fabrics after I get another curtain rod up and the curtains on it. Not very interesting but enjoyable none the less.

Faye, I hope the docs get you straightened out. I'm sure your BP will improve as the weight comes off and then you can stop those meds. You are right in that we seldom talk about weight loss. I do think that puts some people off.

Jean, you'll have the cabin all fixed up shortly. That'll sure be nice for the summer.

Maggie, how's life on the beach? Once you get to Phase 2 and start adding fruits and grains back, it'll be a whole lot like WW Simply Filling. I still think that is the best option WW has.

My pink roses are out in full force. They are huge this year.

Have a good day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Sunday

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

When I walked to church this morning it was a beautiful sunny still day. No wind. Lovely. But tonight after services we got a gulley washer. The roof guys haven't installed the roof cap so we had a bit of rain come in and had to put buckets and trash cans and anything else we could locate in the kitchen to catch water about the inside. Like I said that company doing the roof isn't getting a good recommend from us. Here is a cute little story. This morning after services one of my little 3 year old friends came up to me and asked if I wanted a piece of her gum and I took it. Then her instructions came, "Maggie, don't put the paper on the floor but just push it in here." She was indicating the crack where the back of the pew meets the seat. Out of the mouths of babes. I did well food wise at pot-luck and out to eat this evening. We went to Applebees and I had a small steak and green salad sans dressing which was quite filling and yummy. Since we always have fun with the kids that work there and all of them stop by our table during the time we are there. The manager came to our table tonight and said that we are their most favorite customers for all the kids speak so highly of us so she was knocking a chunk off our bill. WOW ~ guess it really does pay to be nice. I have got to plan my menu for this upcoming week.

DONNA FAYE Thanks for posting that picture of that very cute boy. What a charmer. That is a good thing that the water has now receeded so you are able to get to the commissary. They should be all stocked up soon once again. Hopefully your medical team can get your system running smoothly soon so you can get on with your life. Nothing wrong with us talking about what we do here for it is what is going on with us and our program. There are plenty of other threads that do just diet talk. Fortune is a crack up. If Ragg Mopp insists on having a bit of what I have and I know he doesn't like it I will give him a pinch anyway. He just sits and looks at it then when I reach down to pick it back up he grabs it and I find it elsewhere later.

JEAN Good for the grown ups to have that pair of young legs to step and fetch for them. The rain didn't hit till after 7pm here. Evening services are 6 - 7.

SUSAN Life on the beach is going fine. I'm still OP and planning how to slowly reintroduce fruit back into my system on week 3. Wish we had a JoAnns here but alas no fabric store in this berg.

Well ladies have a good sleep this night and I'll be back on the morrow.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies! We have had rain off and on all weekend so of course the outside doors have all swollen so it is tougher to get them shut and the door into the garage is the same way. It makes it very sticky here too. I have a feeling it is going to be this way all summer. Rumor is they aren't even going to open the pool this year, which will irritate me no end, but other than complain there isn't much I can do about it.

This morning early is regular dr again. I imagine we will get this stuff straightened out pretty soon. I am going to miss her so much. She only has about a month before she leaves the practice. I need to talk to her about who she is going to assign to me. I told her I did want a woman, not because I am embarrassed talking to a male dr, but because I feel a woman understands women's issues better as they have to go through them themselves. I don't care how terrific a male dr is he just can't understand what it is like to deliver a baby, go through menopause, etc.

Maggie: Glad the SBD is doing fine for you. It is a good program and not nutty like some are. I am seriously considering it myself. I have the book, the original one somewhere. At least the kids at church only put the paper in the little gap and not the chewing gum! lol Kids can be so funny.

Susan: We have a fairly brand new Joann's here close to us. I haven't even been in it yet, but I have ordered several knitting things at their online store, which I am not impressed with. I am sure you feel like I do when I am buying yarn how fun it is to look at all the fabrics to decide what to buy for a quilt somewhere down the road.

Jean: I had to laugh at Ian bopping in and out of the hole for dad and grandpa. At least one of the men didn't have to do it and get stuck. Wouldn't that have been awful. The telephone rings, "Mom, we are here at the cabin and we need you to get here. Dad is stuck in a hole in the bedroom!"

I guess I better get out of here. Jack will be up soon and I want to strip the bed and do sheets today along with some laundry and as I have to be at the dr before 8 I am going to have to scurry around this morning. Have a good day all and start to the week. Faye
Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #8  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is peeking through the clouds -- guess that's what the weatherman meant by "partly sunny" today. I think we are going to Sioux City later this afternoon. Beth forgot her wedding pictures here and she has my camera. We need to price windows at Menards also. Maybe we will do supper with them at McD's if the timing is right. I have to go to the hospital this afternoon; all volunteers have to have the TB test every 4 years. I react so hope they will not want an x-ray or else they pay for it. My "old" doctor said he wasn't worried since he knew me and where I worked; I've had no symptoms. There is laundry to finish and a counter to clear off this morning. I should vacuum too.

Susan -- It sounds like your quilt shop dinner had a lot of delicious food choices. I have tried to grow roses and they just don't do very well. I don't know if it is the soil or what. Bob's goal is to have the cabin ready for the summer by Memorial Day weekend.

Maggie -- I hope the water leaks didn't do any more damage to your church. That is frustrating! I think contractors make up their own tune and then dance whenever they feel like it! Your gum wrapper story was cute. We find all sorts of things in the little wooden slot where extra offering envelopes should be.

"Gma" -- Good luck at your appt. this morning! I hate changing doctors! My 'new' one is the same age as Jason; I'm sure he's good and I like him but still . . . . .

I need to fill the birdbath so guess I will get my workday started. Have a marvelous Monday and remember to !

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 05-17-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #9  

Good morning, ladies! Rainy day in the low 60s.

I was supposed to pick Glory up at her mechanics garage this morning so she could get her antique ('64) Mustang convertible inspected but she doesn't take it out in the rain so we'll try for Wednesday. Tonight I have Ladies of the Evening applique bee with dinner out (salad with chicken or shrimp for me).

Faye, be sure to get the updated food lists if you decide to do SBD again. WW Simply Filling is a lot like it. There's a SBD tab here with those food lists. I know in the original you weren't allowed milk the first 2 weeks and now you are. I am amazed at how much quilting fabrics have gone up at Joann's. The quality isn't as good as the quilt shops and they are asking $8-12 a yard. The Keepsake cottons were never more than $3.99 and now you can't hardly find a bolt marked that. We're going to Mary Jo's in Gasonia, NC for fabric this summer and giving PA a year off. Most of what I buy at Joann's is to use my coupon.

Jean, I test positive for TB, too, because we had 4 kids in our high school class come down with TB and they vaccinated the lot of us. Those were the days when they sent you to the sanitorium to recover.

Maggie, kids come up with the darnedest things. I hope you complied with her instructions.

Have a good day!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Well ladies I am a happy camper this day for my first week on the SB program is behind me and I can get geared up for the next week which is the final lap of phase 1. I did show a weight loss of ~ drum roll please ~ 10 pounds. That certainly will spur me on to do this coming week tight. I realize I can't lose like that again and it was some of this and that that had to come out of my system in the beginning but it still jazzes me. Plus the fact that I got thorugh so many "food" events over the past few days and came through without blowing it all makes me feel good. And to tell you what I really miss most is the fruit but know I will have to reintroduce it slowly back into my program. I'm a California Girl and fruit has always been a part of me. But I do see the light at the end of this short tunnel and can make it through. I am so thankful that I have always liked veggies also for having cut up celery and such sure helps.

JEAN Looks like you have a busy day ahead of you. I hear that TB is making a bit of a comeback due to the influx of 3rd world folks. Just something I heard from the talking heads on TV. The roofers insurance will cover any inside water damage but what a hastle. They will not get a good recommend from us. I really hope they follow through with leveling out the yard which now has huge ruts in it from their heavy equipment.

SUSAN Nope ~ didn't chew the gum right then but waited until I checked with Mom to see if it was sugar free. That updated food list is great. I printed it out and combined the Phase 2 with the Phase 1 lists and have them in my little leather notebook (4 1/4x7") that I keep with me. The Phase 1 list I keep on my desk since it is just for the first two weeks. I will be using the combined lists for a long time for my journey is a long one. The AVOID list for Phase 1 sure helps me right now.

DONNA FAYE If you do decide to do the SB program I can email you the updated information I have gleaned if you would like. I got started when Will brought home the origional book which he paid a whopping 50 cents for. Then I did some research, bought some updated books and decided to do the program knowing how closely it mirrored WW but has that kicker first 2 weeks to get one started without sugar and "bad" carbs". There is lots of information "out there" about it's updatedness. I am hoping your visit with your regular doctor is fruitful and you can start your journey back to exact.

Will is at Wall-Mart as I type getting me some fresh supplies. I am going to leave this site now and say bye bye to y'all.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-17-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #11  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a BEAUTIFUL day in my neighborhood! The sun is shining, and there is NO wind -- not even a breeze. Yesterday we left for Sioux City earlier than I thought we would so have some of my Monday chores to do today. I bought a new "toy" for myself yesterday -- Younkers had the Keurig one cup coffee makers on sale and I bought one. I don't usually do impulse buying for something I don't need, but decided to treat myself. It makes good coffee! This afternoon I've been invited to a senior party at school; this is their last day and students that I worked with for 3 years. When they were planning the party, the teacher asked who they would like to invite and several said, "Mrs. Bennett!" so I feel quite honored.

"Gma" -- I hope your pool opens this summer. From different things you have mentioned it sounds like the management team needs to regroup and get some maintenance responsibilities taken care of. I've never been to a woman doctor on a regular basis. There is one in our clinic; she has a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" personality from what I hear. I've seen her a couple times, and she has always been pleasant with me.

Susan -- Bob would love to have your friend's Mustang! His dad and grandfather ran a Ford dealership for years. I haven't bought fabric for a long time, but can imagine the prices have gone up along with everything else. I didn't know there was such a thing as Keepsake cottons so I learned something today!

Maggie -- on 10#s being gone from your body! You have a good start back on your road to thin. I would miss fruit too. Is the SB update info that you have, the same as what is online?

Sitting here is not getting my chores done. I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday and the sun is shining on you!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is another still sunny day here in the Heartland. I received my SBD Quick & Easy Cookbook yesterday and have been having fun going throuh it looking at the recipes. Looks to me like there are some realy tasty ones in it that are easy to make. I am looking forward to start making some of the dishes in it next week. We have been getting some green onions and radishes out of our garden that are so good. Home grown have more flavor. Well, if you can buy at a farmers market they are really fresh there also. I just love it when I need a green onion I can just ask Will to go pick me a couple. He has gone now to buy a new camp stove ~ gotta have one if we go camping this summer. Plus I love having one when we do outside BBQ get togethers to keep beans and such hot while the meat is grilling and Will can have his cowboy coffee on a burner. He has invited some folks to come for a Memorial Day get together so we must get prepared. I do belive we are making burgers and hot dogs and the "folks" can bring the extras like chips and pop. I think I'll make a nice program friendly salad of some sort also. OH, and some grilled corn on the cob would be good. I cut them in small chunks and precook them in the microwave and they get done by just browning them on the grill so that they get that good smoke flavor. Yep, I will do that. I love planning a get-together.

JEAN Looks like your weather is the same as ours. We did get up into the 80's yesterday. I like your new toy and am so glad it does make good coffee for that means you will use it. That is quite a nice honor that they chose you! You go girl. That is so neat. Yes the list is on line. I also recommend the little hand book sized SBD Good Eats ~ Good Carbs Guide for it is chock full of foods. It was put out the same year as the new cook book I just received. The list on line is pretty much the same for the most part I believe but the booklet does have some other helpful information in it and lists some other foods also and rates the entries. G=Good, L=Limited, V=Very Limited, and A=Avoid.

All y'all have a wonderful day. Type at y'all later.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #13  

Good evening, ladies! Another rainy day!

Had work today and nothing going on tonight. I stopped at Walmart after work and got a paper shredder that was on sale. Now isn't that exciting? A rather boring day but Biggest Loser is on tonight and NCIS. I do enjoy those.

I hope Faye just forgot to post and didn't get bad news at the doctor's office or something like that.

Maggie - 10 pounds! What a winner you are! The farmers market is starting up again next weekend. I can't wait to see what they have.

Jean - just shows what a good teacher you were when the kids ask for you to come to the party. Happy coffeeing with the new maker. Does that model use the pods or can you use regular coffee? Not much change of Bob getting Glory's Mustang. She has a grandson who is in love with it but I think he'll get it in her will.

Have a good evening!

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 05-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #14  

Good morning gals! No, Susan, no bad news and yes I just forgot to post. Boy I seem to be doing that a lot. In my defense that darn appt was at 8 am so I was out of the house around 7:30.

MY SWELLING IS GONE IN MY LEGS AND FEET!!! My dr changed my med back to half the dosage on the Norvasc and doubled the dosage on the Altenolol and voila, this morning my swelling is about 98% gone. I went and got my slip on sandals and in my feet went with no problem. That goodness. Now maybe I can get back to walking and such and start some headway with this weight issue.

Jean: I always thought those small coffee machines were a great idea for just couples or people living alone. I never drink the stuff and we don't even have a coffee maker in the house, but we use our tea machine all the time and it is about ready to be replaced. It still works but it came with two pitchers and we are down to one and I have duct taped that one in a couple places because the seams are splitting. I don't ever put them in the dishwasher but they are just getting old. I haven't been able to find them in stores to replace just the pitchers but you can buy them online at Mr Coffee. They are just so dang expensive for a plastic pitcher!

Maggie: WOOHOO! That is great news. I know you have to be thrilled to be 10 lbs down. Getting the gunk all out of your system is part of what is making the great difference. I am getting ready to de-white myself. I hope I can. It isn't easy to give up carbs when you have eaten the stuff your whole life, but I have to get this weight off.

Susan: I keep missing NCIS because it is on network tv and I rarely watch network tv. Besides, with baseball season we watch the Cubs games since I gave in and we bought that ridiculously expensive MLB extra innings. At least they have won 3 in a row so I am hoping that means things have turned for the better. I just sent the check to Jay for the $120 worth of tickets for the bus trip to Chicago from their house in July so they better be playing well!

I have to go to Walgreens this morning then to the dr office again. Walgreens can't fill my new changed prescriptions because I have mail prescriptions that are current for the same thing. I contacted express scripts and they gave me a number for Walgreens to call and then Express Scripts will override the current prescription they have so I can get them. I am just doubling the dose I have here at home and halving the other pills, which isn't easy as they aren't scored. My hormone meds have not been filled yet because the stupid clinic hasn't called Walgreens back. When the dr wrote the prescription it was 5 mg and the prescription looks like .5 and it doesn't come lower than 5 so they need the clinic to verify. So, I have to try and clear it up. I already talked to the gyn yesterday when I was there about what happened and she said she would talk to the person at the clinic that handles that sore of thing, but it still isn't filled. {{{sigh}}} Always something.

Jack has his ortho appt yesterday and the doctor gave him 6 more therapy appts and two more weeks of light duty. Jack isn't complaining about the light duty, but since they are putting 2 lb weights on his leg and making him do 3 sets of 40 reps on the exercises he isn't thrilled! lol I told him he will have great lookin' legs, at least one of them!

Have a good hump day gals! Faye
Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #15  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's going to be another nice day in my neighborhood although there is a slight breeze moving the leaves on the trees. I have got to vacuum this morning! I did go to the senior party, had lots of pictures taken, and got lots of hugs which was nice -- it was fun to see the kids and some of the staff again. It was at the end of the school day and 4 of us ended up standing out in the parking lot just talking and catching up with each other. It was almost 7 when I got home, fed Bob a quick supper, and watched DWTS.

Maggie -- I'm sure you are enjoying the fresh veggies from you garden! Our Farmers' Market hasn't started yet; I think it's been too cold for the gardens to get a good start. Different flavors of coffee came with the coffee maker -- I like strong coffee but I had a French Roast this morning and it was too strong. Thanks for the SBD -- good carbs guide tip.

Susan -- I used our paper shredder for too long one time and it got too hot. I was doing years and years of saved checks, but now we don't get them back from the bank so just have the statements which shred pretty fast. I did buy the little gizmo that I can use regular coffee as well as the coffee pods. The only thing I don't like about this coffee maker is that you can't just put in 2 cups of water and make 2 cups of coffee. The water tank has to be so full for it to pump into the heater part; if it's too low the lights blink and it won't pump. There is always a cup of water in the heater part so I just keep the water tank in the fridge and run an empty cup of water first before I make the first cup of coffee. I don't like the idea of "stale" water that has stood all day and overnight.

"Gma" -- I'm glad your swelling has gone down! Our doctors do everything by computer and the prescriptions go to the pharmacy that way. I don't drink coffee all day long like some people do, but I do have at least one cup every morning with breakfast. During the winter months I would sometimes make another cup in the afternoon or else drink hot tea. Around here the restaurants have started making flavored teas -- peach and raspberry seem to be the most popular. I'm glad Jack's knee is doing so well and he is still on light duty.

I need to get a move on. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!