Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/179/150

Default Bad diet = acne?

So lately I've been breaking out. A lot. I usually don't get any sort of acne whatsoever, not since I was a teen. I can't figure out whether it's my birth control or my diet. I've been on the same BC for a year now, but I have been eating wayy to much sugar lately. My hubby seems to think that's it. Any ideas?
TrampledUnderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #2  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Yes, it's probably the sugar, and resultant insulin resistance which whacks out all the hormones in your body. Cut out the sugar and the acne will go away.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I can't say for sure, but I have always had acne problems. When I stopped eating sugar in February, I noticed within a couple weeks I had the clearest skin I had in my life. I let sugar slip back in about a month ago, and I had acne problems again. So last week I again stopped eating sugar, and have already noticed my skin clearing up. It is definitely a link for me.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Oh yeah, that's definitely more than likely it. The first year I worked at the gas station I work at I totally lived on sugary junk food. Not only did I gain weight... but my skin was like I was back in high school again (and I was 26). As soon as I made my lifestyle change my acne was GONE. Literally!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Thanks for posting this question! I've always had a bad diet since I was like 10 when I got my first period. And since then I've had horrible acne.

So hopefully eating less junk and less sugar will help me. I've never thought to notice if my eating habits had any effect on my skin. (I'm 16, excuse my ignorance/naiveness.) haha..
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #6  

I get acne when ever i eat lots of chocolates...it is kind of weird as I am the only person in my family who has this problem.. it depends on the body type..so I think your acne problem has got to do some thing with your diet...it may not be suitable for your body type..
samantha collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #7  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I've read that sugar also suppresses your immune system... not so great for fighting acne!

See here for more info.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

I know for me when I eat sugar my skin goes bananas on me!! Since cutting back on added sugar foods my skin is clear and I love it!
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

I know there are certain places on the face that you can tell where the issues are coming from, ie hormones, diet, dehydration and such. I got it in college but I have no idea where the little map is. For me it was totally bang on. Everyone's body is different, but if you are noticing a connection its probably not in your head.

At least now I don't wonder why I *always* seem to break out on my chin during parts of my cycle- that is a hormone area!
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:51 AM   #10  
Lifer

I can say for sure for me its was diet..I let sugar slip back in about a month ago, and I had again. I read a great article on the Alden Clinic website about acne and it recommended a few things..So last week I again stopped eating sugar, and have already noticed my skin clearing up..hope that helps... =)

Last edited by junamae1; 07-10-2010 at 05:53 AM. Reason: mistake
junamae1 is offline   Reply With Quote