Old 05-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Cool Weird diet trick that seems to be working

Hi Chickies,

I've been lurking and not posting - so crazy in my life. Anyway, I had been working out like a mad woman (well for me anyway) doing Chalean Extreme for weight training and Turbo Jam for aerobics. A little over a couple of weeks ago, I pulled some kind of muscle in my back funny story, I had to have my 9 yr old dd put BenGay on it at night lol - she just loved that.

Long story short, I wasn't able to work out for a couple of weeks and am just now easing back into it, with no weights. My diet wasn't super clean either, I didn't exactly pig out, but didn't count calories either and I drank wine on the weekends and ate mexican (ok did pig out there and have a margarita too )

What I started doing a couple of weeks ago is a diet trick my Mom told me about. She knows 3 people (2 male, one female) who have each lost 20#, 40# and 15# doing it. I *know* this has been around a long time and it sounded kinda iffy to me, but she and I started it at the same time and it is WORKING!! Even without working out, and without eating super clean, I have been losing weight. The pants I have on today are super loose (and they were not a couple of weeks ago). Twice a day, I have been drinking 8 oz of water, with 2 tbs apple cider vinegar, and 2 packages of equal. It was so blech when I first started doing it, but I don't mind it now.

My boyfriend was laughing his butt off when I told him I was doing this, but he said he could see a HUGE difference last weekend.

I guess it could be a coincidence, but I don't see any other reason I would be losing weight other than that given the fact that I couldn't exercise.

Either way, I'm doing a happy dance Now to just get my back 100% again, so I can add weight training back in.

PS - I haven't adjusted my ticker, but I am positive I've lost at least 5 lbs or more. My scale broke darn it.
kittygrrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #2  

Whoa!

that's awesome!!! I've been in panic mode.....I am seeing some old college friends in 12 days & I still have 20 lbs to lose. think this will help???
ryzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

will give the magic potion a try!!!
thanks for the tip! and hope you recover soon!
Sameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

First, remember the old addage.......if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And the second important lesson you will learn everywhere here is that the best diet for you is the one you can stick to for life so unless you are planning to drink water with cider vinegar and equal as a weight management strategy for life, this may help you get rid of a few water pounds but this will not lead to a lifetime of sustainable weight loss.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #5  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I bet its worth a shot. What is it going to hurt?? But eating a low fat, low caloric meal would do well with anything tho
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #6  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Does is take away your appetite? Besides water I can't imagine what it would do?
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I have heard of this as an appetite suppressant, to be taken before each meal (usually 3 times a day, if you can stand it); and only if you don't have an ulcer or anything like that.

This is a take-off from a natural remedy called a "Mineral Cocktail" that was used for folks with kidney problems and/or infections (Pure Apple Cider Vinegar + Pure Cranberry Juice + Water + Honey or other sweetener substitute).

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-12-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #8  

I have NO idea why (or if) it is working. And I know it's been around a long time. Even tho other people told me it worked , I totally didn't believe it. And ya, back in the day I'd done other silly diets (anyone remember the cabbage soup diet ? lol) And I thought it sounded really, really silly. But, I just know I have lost weight after NOT exercising.

I really don't know, just had to share. I'm eating healthy, but I've been doing that since March plus working out and this is the most results I've seen. I honestly don't think it's water weight. Maybe, but I put on a pair of cut off sweat pants tonite that we SO snug the last time I put them on about 3 weeks ago, and now they are loose.

I'm not recommending anyone do it, just thought it was interesting. And yes, I guess I could do this the rest of my life. It's really not that gross now that I've done it a while (or maybe my taste buds are dying )

My Mom checked with her dr. before starting and he said there was nothing in it that could hurt you (or we wouldn't have tried it).

Either way, it's given me a little push, cause I was REALLY discouraged at the slow progress I was making. And EXTRA discouraged when i hurt my back.

Kinda OT, I did level 2 of the 30 day shred today. (the one with Jillian Michaels). Since it's light weights I thought it would be ok. It's a tough workout but <yawn> so boring. Something about her irritates me. Am I the only one? She even says on there that exercise isn't supposed to be fun. I don't know about you guys, but if it's NOT fun, I won't stick with it.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #9  

Justwant2behealthy,

no, it hasn't done anything to supress my appetite that I can tell. And I've been drinking 64 oz of water a day already. So I dunno....
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Kittygirl I'm with you on the exercise has to be fun thing. If I'm bored I definately won't do it. I haven't done much with Jillian videos although I recently tried the Biggest Loser Wii video and she was on there in cartoon form. I find that repeating the same thing over and over and over really gets on my nerves and she tends to do that. I never thought about it but maybe that's why working out in a gym has never appealed to me.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #11  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Methinks I'd prefer to either drink the vinegar straight or to dilute it more with extra water. I've heard about the vinegar, but the fake sweetener sounds like some nasty modern revision! Plenty of anecdotal evidence for cider vinegar doing a lot of good things - I like it all over a bowl of sliced cucumbers or as a salad dressing. Mmmm!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote