Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #1  

Default Good jogging bra for the big chested

Okay this is kind of embarrassing, so I am going to try and keep it lighthearted. I have bought two different kinds of sports bras and neither one was good enough. I need some help. I am at least a D cup. I was DD, haven't lost as much weight in my chest this time. But a little. Anyway, the bras I bought are okay for low impact ect... But when I try to run, the bra is coming up under my shirt. NOt good! lOL! I can where my regular underwire bra and that keeps the girls in. But I don't really want to have to that. Any suggestions.
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/181/150

Height: 5"6

Default jogging bra

I have the same issue and found this one at a story in Winnipeg. I know you can order it online, but I'm sure the selection in the States is good too. (I've run two half marathons and a full marathon - I swear by a good bra).
Here's the verbiage:
Enell
Style: 100-40

This is an excellent bra that provides serious support for an active lifestyle. Great for horseback riding, golfers, heavy equipment operators, and post-operative breast reconstruction. This bra is not just for athletes. The extra back support helps accommodate the weight of larger breasts. It's wicking action helps transfer moisture away from the body.

Available in sizes: 00 - 8
To see what it looks like, you can google the bra bar in Winnipeg.
Good luck!
beachbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I swear by the "Three reasons bra" (I think that's the name) by Title nine. I order them on line, they come in white, pink, and blush and really stop all bouncing for me, and I'm a 36D. It took me years to find that bra ) Good luck!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #4  
Workin' It

The bra that WTW mentions above me is actually the Fiona Bra from Moving Comfort I think, Title Nine just renames it for their site. It is my favorite sports bra as well - I'm currently a 34DD and I run in it all the time.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #5  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I loooove Enell. It's a total "lock and load" type of bra (read: not very pretty) but it gets the job done. No way I could have started running without it.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #6  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I LOVE my Enell bra as well. I started at an F cup and am down to a DD/E now and it still holds them exactly where they should be. I'm going to need the smaller size before long I think as my current one isn't as tight as it was, and I have considered trying to find a less expensive brand, but then I think of the confidence I have in this one and the comfort once I got used to wearing it, and I know I won't change.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

I'll add to the Enell praises. Very durable and well-made. I could not exercise without it!

I think all the women on the Biggest Loser should wear one. It drives me nuts to see the women in those wimpy holds-nuthin' bras. I get sympathy stabbing pains just watching them.

Last edited by tea2; 05-12-2010 at 11:40 AM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

i am a 38 H in Lane Bryant's Cacique brand....I'm looking forward to trying the Enell bra. I've never been able to find a sports bra that works for me. When I run these days I have to put about 4 bras on to have a decent amount of support. I love them but they get in the way of everything!!
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Enell for sure. Frog Bra from Title 9 Sports if you are in its size range.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Enell doesnt fit me, I have heard good things about moving comfort bra.

In general when you are bigger make sure that whatever you get comes in band and cup sizes, not SML. And that it is rated for maximum impact.

And for sure TBL needs to work on their bras. I always loved that Tara wore a bra under her official bra.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #11  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

I like Moving Comfort "Maia" and "Fiona" - you can sometimes find them at a discounted price on Sierra Trading Post website. I run in both of these. Also ennay is totally correct - no S M L sizes for us busty girls; always go with a bra that comes in band and cup sizes. Every time I haven't done so it was a waste of money!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

I have tried many sports bra out there and NOTHING works for me. What does work for me is this - an underwire regular bra with a sports bra over the top. Any sports bra - it can be a cheapy. I usually use my underwire bras that are wearing out.

My problem with the sports bras that I have tried are 1. still bounce too much 2. Boobs literally fall out the bottom.

I just googled the enell bra and it looks fabulous. But as a mother of 4 kids living on less than 40K a year, it is out of my price range. Especially when you really need at least 2 to have a clean one every day, so I guess I will stick with my doubled up bra system. But I would totally order one if I could!

Last edited by greenfishgirl; 05-12-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: uneducated response! needed clarification!
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #13  

I'll chime in to support the Enell brand of bras! It's the only bra I can run in and it's proven indispensable since I started running as part of my GE Pledge For Better Health.
No more bouncing and no more feeling embarrassed at the gym. It's not the prettiest bra but it's perfect and I'm sticking with my pledge.
DistrictLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I'm also an Enell wearer-- the trick is to make sure it's REALLY TIGHT. When I first got mine, the band was so tight I could BARELY fasten it, and it worked perfectly. Now, I can fasten it easily but I'm starting to bounce a little so I think it may be time to go down a size....
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #15  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

I have tried MANY sports bras, being a D cup and a marathoner (and now an ultra-marathoner!) Conclusion: my #1 mostest favorite bra is the CW-X "X-tra Support Bra" (from Roadrunner Sports). I have a bunch of them! 50 miles without a single bounce!
Note: I tried the very similar CW-X "Ultra support bra" and didn't think it was nearly as good.
Good luck!!!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote