Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #1  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Realization: a non-scale victory

I was reading some posts tonight when a lightbulb kinda went off in my head. Allow me to explain:
As a teenager, I was one of those girls who never had to diet. My girlfriends would moan and say how lucky I was that I had no weight problems. I stayed slim and trim until I got married and later had two babies within 12 months. Since I had never had to watch my weight, I did not know how to take off the 50 pounds I had gained from pregnancy. Over the last 40 years, I have struggled with my weight, gaining and losing, dieting one day and eating whatever I wanted the next. I was totally clueless about managing my weight. I had grown up without a food conscience!
Last year, I began a serious effort to get control of my weight and fitness. I read a lot and learned a lot and lost 19 pounds and I have been able to keep it off for about 7 months. I now want to lose another 23 pounds. My non-scale victory is that I realized today that I finally do have that inner mechanism that allows me to stay in control -- a food conscience! I don't want to go back to eating like I used to do. And the fact that I keep coming here to 3FC, that I continue to learn about weight loss and fitness,
that I stay with my eating plan and exercise, and that I haven't just thrown in the towel like I used to do so often ... these are all signs that maybe I will finally reach my goal weight. My new normal is so different from my old normal. And I am so glad.

Last edited by Cglasscock1; 05-12-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #2  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Yay congrats!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote