PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 10:12 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Bella23

Hi Bella! I wanted to reply here instead of the intro thread, so we can keep it organized. (Don't tell my husband, he might expect that at home!) I am glad you found a doctor that you are happy with. I hope your test results come back favorable. I also took an antibiotic for my acne. I had a dermatologist prescribe it. After taking it for a while, I started on Avita crea, a retin based cream, and then used topical antibiotic cream to follow up the pills for a few months. It was like a dream to see my face clear up. The Avita cream is a must-do for me! It keeps my pores 'teflon coated' so I don't have to worry about much hanging around to clog a pore and make a pimple. Good luck on your blood tests!

Jennifer

Quote:
I started my period at age 8. Yes girls age 8. From the day I started it, it was horrible. I had very bad cramps and gushed blood. From the time I hit 6th grade, they put me on Birth Control pills and I was on pain meds for my intence pain. I was not a very heavy girl but since my JR Highschool years have steadly gained wieght. The doc told me I had bad cysts (sp?) and not even the BC made them better. Just something I have had to live with.

I have been preg. 3 times and had 2 great girls. I had no problem with that. But after having the girls, everything got worse. My moods have been horrible and I have gotten facial hair, acne, and have gotten tired. My gyn (although very nice and accepting of me) only ever gave me BCP. Some made my period worse. I would just stop taking them.

Well that leads us to today. I finely made a doc appt with my fam. doc and after looking at my chart and asking some questions said she is almost positive that I have PCOS. Since I already know I have cysts she isn't going to do an ultra sound but I go tomorrow for blood work. She put me on the right BCP and an antibiotic for the acne. She said that next month if my blood work doesn't show a problem with my sugar or thyroid then she is going to give me another med. (it's mentioned here quite a bit) She has also mentioned that she has this as well and since she started her practice in Europe (25years ago) she has been dealing with this for longer then US doc. So I am very happy with her. She said that in a year or so, if meds don't work then she is going to have me speek to some one about getting my tummy stapled. (that is what she ended up doing) But she assured me that we would get things worked out. It made me so happy. Now I can tell my husband and family that it's not all my fault that I'm not loosing wieght.
Closed Thread