Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Default natural shampoo and rinse ?

I was thinking of trying this to see if it works or at least if it makes a difference being that there's no chemicals at all.
I've run into some sites on using a baking soda/water solution to wash your hair and rinsing with an apple cider vinegar/water solution.
Has anyone tried this and did you notice a difference?

I found another site on making homemade toothpaste, thinking of trying that as well.

I'm gonna try the hair solutions for 3 months and see what happens.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, Baking soda is awesome for cleansing hair. You just need something acidic to rinse your hair with afterwards. I've heard apple cider vinegar, black tea or lemon juice are good. I personally like black tea or just a dab of apple cider vinegar diluted in water. ACV is very moisturizing and using too much can actually make your hair look greasy.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #3  

Height: 6-1.5

There's a big following of people who do not wash hair with soap-- "No Poo" people. Supposedly your hair might get greasy at first, but it will even out using its own natural oils and then start to look nice. I guess if I were to try this, I would want to be at home for a while. I think you use baking soda as a kind of dry shampoo and then just rinse it. You don't want to strip the oils, so the idea of using vinegar does not make sense to me. Google No Poo and you will see all sorts of articles about the proper way to go without using shampoo. --
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #4  

First day doing it and my hair feels very soft.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #5  
bridesmaid on the right

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Hi,
Just wanted to say that I do this and have with better success than I thought I'd have. First I switched from regular brand shampoos to organic variety from Whole Foods that had less detergents in them and did this for about six months. Then I began using less and less shampoo and conditioner until I was ready for the big switch over. I have now used only baking soda to wash my hair and a mixture of 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water mixed in a spray bottle for about six months, and am very happy with it. I currently only have to wash and condition my hair about twice a week with these solutions and my hair looks just the same as it always has, though my scalp does itch less these days! Hope you all find what works best for you. Cheers
seafoamgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #6  

very true, I tried this before but I went from using shampoo and conditioner to this method and it was hard. I went back on just shampoo only for a year and just started doing this again and its been so much different. My scalp doesn't itch as much as before when it always did when I was using shampoo, even on the days I shampooed. Now I can wash (baking soda solution) every two days while on the off days I just rinse with the ACV solution. My hair feels great and its shiny too.