South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default This and that Thursday

Good morning I'm going to squeeze a morning bird walk in before the rain hits. I'll be back later though. I decided to attend my boring meeting via conference call so I'll have plenty of time for internet visiting later this morning Save another cup of coffee for me!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning!! I'm still around, just didn't find the thread yesterday. Evenings are crazy around here lately, but I'm hoping to stop by tonight.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'll keep the coffee coming, Cyndi. Enjoy your early morning bird walk, and I hope the rain holds off. Once your conference call is finished, the rest of your day should be smooth sailing.

I got up early to get the laundry started and cleaned the bathroom, so now I'll have time to do some mulching before leaving for work. At least I won't have to go in until noon today, and it's my Friday. I'm having a sleepover tomorrow night for Audrey, Maggie, Amber and Carley, and have to pick up the girls from school and take them to their riding lesson before bringing them here, but I'll have all morning and some of the afternoon to myself.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #4  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Cyndi!! Bird watching sounds like fun!

Heide- So glad your children are able to make it to be with you during this time. Still keeping you in my thoughts.

Ok, think I need to make me some coffee. Will be back later.
DD has to do a ten minute teach today in school. She chose to make brownies. We were going to make them tonight, but she decided at bedtime last night that she wanted to do it today. So I have to get her up about 30 min earlier to make the brownies. We are making the brownies here. She will then take all the ingrediants seperated into ziplock bags. She will then explain how to make the brownies and then everyone can enjoy the already cooked brownies. She is in 6th grade and this is for her math class.

Tammie

Last edited by tammies00; 05-06-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cyndi, wish I could join you, it's just too dark here...but warm and wonderful out. I noted to myself yesterday that I was so looking forward to warm bike mornings and I think it's arrived.

Heidi, I'm so glad to hear your DD is with you and that Fergie and DS are enroute.

Frances. Have a great day!

Linda, good idea getting the house clean before the "sleepover". Sounds fun!

Tammie, I loved learning about baking when I was young. Math and cooking go together quite well. I also loved the concept of show and tell.

Yesterday was a great yard day for me. I have lots more energy for projects this year and I made great progress. I'll get a bit more in after my bike/pool outing then off to knitting later. The hostess is cooking an Italian dinner for us before she heads back East. I would have preferred to opt out, but didn't let her know, so I'll be vigilant. I don't feel like eating "impede progress foods" today.

Ok, off to "this and that". Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cyndi - hope you enjoy the bird walk!

FCMonroe - glad you got to check in!

Cottage - I feel so accomplished when I get laundry done in the morning (which reminds me....). How loud is your house with all those girls for a sleepover?!

Tammie - I remember doing demonstrations for 4-H when I was young, and I did.....chicken salad. They said I did great, except I "forgot to put my apron over that pretty dress". It sat next to me the whole time!!

Debbie - Isn't it amazing how this WOL makes you feel so much better? Good luck, Italian....

Me - what a gorgeous morning! I woke up to a spring rain and my honey kissing me good bye . Everything seems so vibrantly green today, I love this time of the year!! Today is work for me, maybe if I get a little break I can run to the library and exchange my books. (I got to read three books over my trip, yay!)

Yesterday went well food wise. I did phase I.5... I crave fruit after a run (especially when it's so hot) and I didn't deprive myself of that, but I didn't do any grains yesterday. So far, lost over 2 lbs of that water weight I gained eating processed white flour over the weekend (danged hush puppies...), so I am pleased. Hopefully, I can do the same today!

Have a great day!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Fly-by as I want to get some perennials potted up for the Sale before the rain starts.

"Be well and prosper" and stay on plan, OK?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Congrats Chelsea! I hope your tests all come out okay; please keep us posted.

JennyP - I'm glad to hear that you are okay, other than the basement.

Heidi - I'm glad you will be with your mom for a while.

Cyndi - I wish I had an interest in birds to get me motivated to walk outside while the weather is nice!

Linda - The sleepover sounds fun. And tiring.

Tammie - My son is a HS junior and they just made cookies in his math class. Funny coincidence.

Debbie - I wonder what constitutes "wamm bike mornings" for you and suspect I would find them chilly. I like that saying "impede progress foods."

Twynn - I need some of you willpower! Mine seems to have vanished lately. I was also thinking of cutting grains for a while.

Ruth

So as I told Twynn, I am still struggling with grains. I got rid of the crackers but have moved on to my husbands bread thins. And I can't just toss those. So I think I need to just go back to basics and cut them out for a while. Sigh.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Karen - it really, really helps me to get rid of the grains. I lose a lot of bloating, and the cravings go away as well. Out of sight, out of mind!

We won't talk about cashews though...
Old 05-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

It is a beautiful morning- everything is so green and just a tad chilly, but it will warm up nicely.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Heidi- glad that your family is coming to be with you.

Tonight is DD1 last home soccer game and then the regional tourney and then soccer is done for now.

We are on the countdown for for DS graduation May 20th will be here before you know it.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #11  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Cyndi, I hope the bird watching was successful!

fcmonroe, Hello! Nice to meet you!

Cottage, it's my Friday too! Your sleepover sound like fun! Can I come?

Tammie, Love the math presentation idea! What better way to get kids attention with measurements than with brownies... YUM!!

Debbie, Glad you had a productive day yesterday! Have a great day today, too!

Twynn, Your "wake up" this morning sounded lovely! Good job dropping those 2 lbs!

Ruth, Good luck with the plant sale!

Karen, Stay strong. Sorry you're struggling!

Pearl, Have a great day!

Ahhh it feels good to be back! I haven't had much time to chat here because I've been so busy with school and my computer was having issues and moving very slowly, but now it's been cleaned out and I've taken all my tests! It's another beautiful day here on the central coast. There is nothing but blue skies and sunshine in our 10 day forecast, so now maybe my garden area can dry out and stop looking like a swamp so I can plant my veggies!

I had a great time last night at a local Mexican restaurant to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. There was a live band which was awesome!! It was nice to get out after a few days living like a shut-in.

I'm off to class... I hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

asparagus fresh from the farm, it doesn't get any better than this

The bird walk was relatively quiet with a few nice birds. It was fun starting out the morning walking with DW. I'll just erase that whole morning meeting thing and it will be a perfect day.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon! I'm going to try to start jumping in on these threads. Right now it seems overwhelming because I can't remember everyone's names, but I'll get there!
It's a beautiful day here in Western NJ, and my oldest just handed in her last undergrad paper. Graduation next Tuesday. I can't believe it!
Closed Thread