General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #1  
Goodbye Taco bell

S/C/G: 175/158/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Fat Gf / Skinny Bf

Here it is, Im trying to lose weight and eat healthy foods, and eat smaller portions.....but my BF is skinny and he is wanting to eat alot of carbs and protien (I am a vegetarian) to gain mass and muscle... any good diet plans or recipes that can suit us both????
Airforcechick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Both my husband and I are vegan.

I make a lot of bean recipes and often serve them on top of greens or green beans for myself but will make rice or other grains for my husband and bulk up his meals a bit that way.

I also give him snacks to eat during the day including almond butter sandwiches and soy yogurt with frozen blueberries.

He also likes to snack on tortilla chips so I'll often buy tortilla chips and salsa for him to eat. He also snacks on almonds as well.

So basically I'd say make the same basic meals but add more grains and high calorie foods to his meals including things like avocado and nuts. You could even make him trail mixes of mixed nuts (I buy raw) with dried fruit.

(anyway, I was trying to say calorie counting is probably the way to go )
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #3  
Goodbye Taco bell

S/C/G: 175/158/135

Height: 5'5"

Yea I can try that I will of course have to add some sort of meat since he does eat meat.....but its hard for me to see him eating food (to up his calorie carb intake) and I want to eat it to but cant because Im trying to keep my calorie and carb intake low...
Airforcechick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My husband can eat carbs and I really can't eat too many. So when I make dinner I always add an additional side that has carbs for him. So say I make grilled chicken breasts and sauteed veggies, I'll add rice or potatoes or something starchy/carby for him to have as well and I won't.

Maybe he can cook the meat portions of his meal seperately and then add his own extra side of carbs?

Last edited by beerab; 05-05-2010 at 04:26 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote