Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 12:20 PM   #1  

Default It's Saturday

Today is difficult, woke up feeling like I had no energy. Some days my meds don't work as well as others. But I've managed to get up and dressed, plan my meals for the week and gone grocery shopping. I've got to take my daughter shopping and need to get some cleaning and exercise in. I must fight the desire to lay down and sleep the day away. It's been a difficult week, I think that's what is causing this. Will I ever be normal again. Maybe after I lose the weight...

Have a great day
Old 09-14-2002, 05:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well rats - I just posted a big ole long post and lost the whole thing? where in the world could it have gone?

Anyway, I just wanted to see that I also woke up with no energy today motown, but I finally made myself do a 3 mile walk aerobics video tape by Leslie Sansonne, and then I felt better - still a little tired by better anyway.

I hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-14-2002, 08:25 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HI

Sneaking in

Motown did you talk to your doctor about your meds. When Zoloft was making me high one day and crash the next I asked her to switch me to Welbutrin. I feel alot better now. I might have a down day but not nearly like the days on Zoloft. Remember medication is not a cure, it helps aid us. We kinda have to do the rest as hard as it may be.. But still talk to your doctor. How old is your daughter. I have a wee one myself.

Well got her first pair of shoes today, she didn't want to walk with them on and was getting PO'd can you believe $40.00 a pair OY but like I told my hubby, my feet are ruined because of cheap crappy shoes, I'm not going to let that happen to her if I can help it - God Willing.

Cathy MILE #3 You go girl !! I'm proud of your efforts. How much have you lost so far ? Love Yah !!

Have a great night all !!
Love, Leenie
Old 09-14-2002, 08:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone... haven't posted most of this week cuz I've been really down.. and I've really lost control of the eating thing the past three days *sigh...... getting SO discouraged... have been at a virtual standstill for two weeks with the weight loss. I keep reminding myself all the usual things, but it's not working this time. Today I want sweets... last night it was salt... I feel like I could blow up, yet I want to stuff my face.

something must be brewing... been having discomforting dreams too.. the "I'm not in control" kinda dreams...

I think it's time to pull out my SAD lamp... start using it... hope it's just a hormonal thing. I had a hysterectomy 9 years ago, so I never know when ovulation is happening except I get crampy sometimes... feeling that way today, so maybe that's it????

hub got knocked out and got a bad concussion in a rugby game last night too... spent the evening with him up at the hospital.. he's ok.. much better today, but sheesh! seems to be one thing after another lately with family

nice to meet you motown *s.. sorry I haven't been around to say so earlier....

*hoping for a more settled tomorrow*
Old 09-14-2002, 08:41 PM   #5  

It's now 5:30 p.m. I managed to complete all my tasks for the day (took a nap though). I have been diagnosed as bi polar with severe panic disorder and take Paxil and clonapin. I am so much better than I was. I want to lose weight to see if that helps with my energy.

Cathy - 3 miles! I've been working on the 1 mile walk without weights. I need to strenght my leg and lower back muscles since all my weight is in my rear end and stomach. Thanks for the welcome. I was looking for a home
Old 09-15-2002, 02:22 AM   #6  

Hi Motown,

Welcome to our little corner of the boards! Glad to hear you had a productive day. Keep it up! Little nap never hurt anyone...sometimes gives you the extra little jump start you need to get through the day.

Leens....your little sweetie pie is walking? I remember those days of the little white boot shoe. If this makes you feel any better...my oldest is 31 and his first pair (which I had bronzed lol) where $26.00 back then, wrote that in his baby book!!!! So $40.00, even though it is rediculous isn't that much more than I paid wayyyyyyy back then.

Judo...so sorry to hear about your hubby...hope he is on the mend. Isn't it always the way...everything at once. Hang in there, I have had a lousy week myself, so hard to keep focused.

Cathy...I loose at lease one post a month...then I can't remember what I said, so I just say HI! Works for me

Well, have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!!!

Meg
Closed Thread