Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Need A Hug Or A Slap

I've not been feeling too great this week, headache, dizzy spells etc. My daughter started with a virus on Sunday which it turns out I was getting and yesterday I started with a really bad head cold, aching joints and tight chest.
Today should usually be one of my long workout days at the gym, with official weigh in day tomorrow, but I knew when I woke up this morning where was no way I'd be able to go.
I know that I'm ill and need to rest, but I still feel really guilty for not doing my usual workout, and instead I've spent the day so far sitting feeling SO hungry and wanting my old comfort foods.
I haven't given in yet, but the old voices are telling me I deserve some comfort and it will help me feel better.
It wouldn't be so bad, but we're going away tomorrow til Monday so I won't be able to get to the gym now til next Tue, and unless I go running while we're away that's 5 days without exercise which is unknown for me nowadays (I'm a 6 workouts a week girl).
I just feel like my nice plan that works so well has been derailed and I've no control. All I can think about is the calories I should have burned at the gym this morning, and the calories I want to cram in my mouth right now.
Please can I have a hug or a slap, whichever you think might work...
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #2  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I hope you feel better soon. You should probably try an ab workout or do some stretching maybe even take a slow stroll instead of a brisk walk or jog. To see how you feel. You may have to press yourself but that's what I do and it usually helps me if I don't feel well.

As for cramming the comfort foods , that's not gonna really help you to cram them in your mouth. More often than not, it makes you feel worse and that's really not what you need if you are feeling sick physically. So get some fruit or protein to cram or go get in the bed.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #3  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

You deserve a big HUG!!!
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #4  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

The last thing in the world you should do right now is eat a bunch of crap, it will not help you feel better if you are ill. You need to focus on getting in good fluids, and foods with vitamins in them that will help your body fight whatever is making you sick. Think about how guilty you will feel if you don't workout AND eat poorly today.

As far as exercising goes, yes you should take it easy, BUT if you do not have a temperature some light activity such as gentle walking is actually good for your body.

You can't control when you are ill, but you are in control of your own actions!

Heh heh, a slap for you.

And a hug, here's hoping you feel better soon so you can enjoy your weekend.

Best wishes.
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Illness happens. It's a part of life that isn't on plan, but there's nothing you can do about it except to try to get well. Eating more food will not help you get well, especially junk food. Why not stay on your regular eating plan, do as much activity as you feel up to, and then REST! It will do you no good to try to spend hours in the gym if it just makes you worse or slows your recovery.

It seems to me that the best damage control you can do is by sticking to your eating, letting the gym thing go for now (knowing that you need rest in order to get well), maybe walk a bit. If you give in to the gym or the comfort food, then you are sabotaging yourself. You may not be able to control getting sick, but you CAN control your response.

So...here's a *HUG*.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #6  

Slap!
Hug!
Hug, hug
Slap!

There. Three hugs sandwiched between two slaps.
(Everybody knows the middle parts are the best, mmmm)
Hiya is offline   Reply With Quote