Old 04-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Cosmetic Surgery after weight loss

Okay, I have lost 60lbs and need another 15 to go...my body has "pulled" together well with the weight loss because I began running in the beginning and this I believed help with not having saggy flab...well my face is another story...of course being 226 pounds my face was round and fat now it is slimmer but now when I smile my checks have wrinkles, never before, my neck is at a 45 degree angle looking at my profile *turkey neck", my face particularly my neck has not done well with the weight loss...so I am contemplating having a neck lift after my weight loss to improve the appearance...Yes I sound very vain and should be thrilled my insides are healthier and I feel great, but now using the paper towel theory, the layers are pulled off to the core and now my neck is hanging, any thoughts about changes anyone else has had on body changes that are not as positive as we had hoped for. I am 46 and my doctor just told me that it is my age, if I lost the weight at a younger age my skin would have rebounded???? Thanks for any input.

Last edited by GWE140; 04-29-2010 at 07:15 AM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6''

Genell, I know there are some threads in other areas of 3FC that are about skin lifting/removal surgeries...I'm gonna have this problem too and I'm just turning 30 this year, but being at least 100lbs overweight for 15 years will do a number on your body.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/233/140

Height: 5'5

GWE, I know I will be in the same spot as you when I finish my weight loss. My question to you is...did you do any exersizes for your neck and face durring your weight loss? I worry about the things you mentioned, I drink lots of water and at this time I am only walking 30 min to 1 hour a day. I just wonder if face and neck exersize will help. I am also worried about the flab on my lower stomach...it went away the first time I tried this but that was 6 years ago and I am now 53...will it still go away...
You are an insperation to me along with so many others on this site..Thank you for sharing your story and feelings with us.
nenelv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

I would want anyone to do what they can to make themselves feel better. We are working so hard it is discouraging that our bodies dont go "back" to what we think they should. I personally know I want some work done. Particularly on my breasts. I got so big I became a ddd! They are like g ma boobies..... down real low! And I can see excess skin already that I am hoping will come back.. But DH has already said he is more than willing to have me get a reduction and lift. LOL I breast fed three children, twins happen at once so they have done what they have needed to do. It's my turn to have them look the way I want I still have 100ish pounds to go so we shall see when I get there!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #5  

Thank you all for sharing...I guess I am not the only one out here seeing some negative results from major weight loss... But in the end my health is worth it and I do LOOK much better no matter what gravity is doing...Genell
Old 04-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #6  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Thank you all for sharing...I guess I am not the only one out here seeing some negative results from major weight loss... But in the end my health is worth it and I do LOOK much better no matter what gravity is doing...Genell
no, you most certainly are not the only one. I have been thinkin' it too, as I don't like my neck so much. It's like you come so far that you can't just stop on the one part of yourself that actually meets and greets the world! so, maybe. I am 57 so just to go gracefully? or to go kicking and fighting??
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I'm not sure I can agree about the age thing and that it would have "bounced back" if you were younger. I think everyone is different. I'm almost 60 and *so far, so good* on the no sagging skin issue. Of course, I still have a ways to go, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. (And I had been at the higher weight for close to 20 years.)
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #8  

As explained to me race, age, thinness of skin, heritage etc are all factors to how the body bounces back. I have lost plenty of weight from child birth four times well over 50lbs each time and always my face/neck never sagged...now carrying the weight for 8 years has probably did it in for me...now the rest of my body is doing great...and I plan on getting into a bikini this summer!