Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #1  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Talking Getting out of the 50's!!

Soo Im 258..again *sigh* I need to get to the 240's! I cant handle thinking of losing 100 lbs. 10 lbs is do-able. So thats what I need to do..concentrate on 10 lbs at a time! So my first goal will be 249! Im going to post here daily, to keep me accountable! (well technically, Ill start tomorrow, cuz I didnt weigh in today hehe)

~Randee
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #2  

I'm with you (once i lose this water that I'm retaining thanks to TOM, I'll be back at 259/258).

Let's do this! Onward to 249!!
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #3  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I was VERY happy to find myself at 259 morning - considering where I've been. 249 is a good mini-goal! It may take me longer because I can only exercise in short bursts (recovering from back injury).
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

I've been bouncing around 255, 254, 256, 253 for a month. I was on a practice maintenance (actually I hit a plateau) so I stopped focusing on losing weight and instead focused on not gaining...I decided to start moving the scale the other direction again. I want to see my next mini goal by June 1 - Lose 7 more lbs. That will put me at losing 10% of my starting weight.

We can do this!!

Girls-What is your plan, calorie level and activity plan (I revolt at the term exercise!!)

I am at 1980 Calories a day, I try to get most of that in the form of clean whole foods. I eat a lot of veggies. My protein comes from chicken, lean steak, eggs. I am trying to incorporate whole wheat into most of my grain type foods: tortillas for wraps, bread and pasta. I dislike water in it's plain form so I drink a mandatory 8 oz first thing in the am, at bedtime and with each meal. In between I drink diet 7-up, coffee. Snacks are 1 Activia yogurt a day, organic granola bars, apples, diet jello cups. ( know there are tons of chemicals in the diet stuff and am slowly moving away from it but for now it works).

My activities: walk the darn dog 30 minutes 3+ times a week. Light hiking occasionally, playing outside with my 9 year old son, parking the car at the far end of the lot, walking to the photocopier at work after every copy instead of letting my docs pile up until I make a trip. We have Comcast on Demand with a ton of exercise "videos", I'm slowly but surely planning on starting those.

PurpleCrush~Thanks for the post!!

Last edited by Michelle98272; 04-28-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #5  

my "plan" if it can be called that is staying between 1600 and 1800 calories. I allow one day a week to hit 2100, usually the day I do my most intense activity. I aim for 3x a week doing some cardio, right now I'm on the treadmill. I normally do 5x a week though.

I'm at a standstill, but I just started working out my body. So hoping to see something happen soon.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #6  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

I just broke in to the 250s (259.6) and i have only been here for a week.. but im ready to be in the 240s
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #7  
Starbucks Addict!

Hi everyone!! Glad to have you here!!

So I weighed in today and im 259.8. I figured as much with eating horribly this weekend. We had a family fun weekend. Went downtown , Mini golfing..then went out for lunch. Went to the Drive in!! Had pizza. Then on Sunday, we went fishing..ate snacks. Im actually surprised Im up only 1 lb!!

Im mainly just counting calories 1800. I need to work on the food part a bit more. I just eat in my calories lol..I dont really like a whole lot of veggies. I need to find new recipes!

As for my "Activity Plan" hehe..I walk on my treadmill. I have a goal of a mile a day (atleast) So in May, there are 31 days, so my goal is 31 miles in May. I figure this is a great way to start of "cough" exercising!! I got my treadmill 2 1/2 weeks ago , and have already walked 16 miles!! I love watching my favorite shows while walking! Its soooo easy!!

As for water...ahh..we have a love/hate relationship lol..I like water, ok. I actually drink it all day...but, If I drink it too late, I spend half the night using the restroom! Drives me nuts!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #8  
Big Miss Sunshine

Okay - I'm red to go! Got my new little mini goal ticker - it's dedicated to my pup because I'm trying to walk her as much as possible (to exercise us both!) Since I have limited mobility right now sometimes I just let her run around in the backyard and play fetch w/her rope toy. Sometimes I have to sit while I throw but, hey, it's the best I can do!

My food plan is South Beach. I'm feeling pretty good staying away from processed foods. I eat three medium meals and three small snacks per day. Tons of veggies.

WOO HOO 240s here we come!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #9  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Great job! Gotta aim for what works for you!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #10  
Starbucks Addict!

misskoo- let me know how you like South Beach. I "like" the idea of restricted diets, but in reality, I wont do it. Im super duper picky and dont like alot of foods. Things would be so much thinner if I had a chef!! Id probably be at my goal weight a year ago!!

Justbeckyv- WOW 101 lbs lost!! Your amazing!! I envy you!! How did you do it?

2phatinvictoria- Congrats on getting into the 250s! I just hope I can stay in them! I keep teetering between 260 and 258!!! ARgh! We will break away from the 50's soon girl!!

ShylahEQ- Im doing treadmill too! Are you aiming for miles or just doing the routines on there? I got the treadmill with Ifit and I bought the Jillian Michaels workout 1..Oh EM GEE!! She kicked my butt on the FIRST workout!! Sadly, Ive done it once lol..but my boyfriend does it. He likes it, but hes weird like that!

Michelle98272- I like diet stuff too. It works for me and I think its better than fatty stuff. When I do drink soda, its always diet. The normal stuff is too sweet for me. Thats great your doing whole foods and whole wheat. Im "trying" eat more whole wheat, but it kinda grosses me out..whole wheat pasta? I couldnt imagine lol..but thats what I have to do to be a better me! I LOVE spaghetti!! Maybe if I used whole wheat pasta, I can feel better about eating it lol

Keep on keeping on girls!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #11  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecrush View Post

Michelle98272- I like diet stuff too. It works for me and I think its better than fatty stuff. When I do drink soda, its always diet. The normal stuff is too sweet for me. Thats great your doing whole foods and whole wheat. Im "trying" eat more whole wheat, but it kinda grosses me out..whole wheat pasta? I couldnt imagine lol..but thats what I have to do to be a better me! I LOVE spaghetti!! Maybe if I used whole wheat pasta, I can feel better about eating it lol
I'm actually still not used to it. I'm eating it though. It has a whole different taste and texture. It's kind of chewy. I'm going to try cooking it longer next time maybe al dente isn't the way to go with Whole Wheat Pasta?
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #12  

Michelle - I cook whole wheat pasta for an extra 3 minutes or so. I dunno what it is about it!

Purple - Right now I'm just doing 2.5-3.0 mph at 0 incline to get into the routine. I do it for 40-45 minutes and get 1.5-2 miles in per day. For me it's about not burning myself out. When it gets too easy, I'm going to up the incline and see how I do. I'd like to do Couch to 5k eventually.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #13  
Starbucks Addict!

Michelle98272- yeah, maybe try cooking it a lil longer..that might help. Im still not ready to try it lol

ShylahEQ-I do 2.5- 3.0 too!! I usually do atleast 2 miles a day. On Monday, I walked 3 miles, and yesterday, I did 4. I havent been on the treadmill today yet. Ive been too busy cleaning. Perhaps later Ill get on. Im getting quite the workout cleaning though lol
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #14  
Big Miss Sunshine

Hey Purplecrush (and ladies . . . )

South Beach is doing great by me. The most important thing it has brought me if relief from my cravings. I have had serious problems with nighttime binges and horrible sweets cravings. The Phase I of South Beach has just cut those cravings out! Also, I think I just feel better getting away from processed foods.

I still go to Starbucks! I have a nonfat latte with sugar free vanilla and one splenda and I'm still on plan. Yum! Also, there are some great recipes for Phase I on the South Beach thread. Phase 1 is quite restricted buy that is only for fourteen days. Totally worth it.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #15  

Down to 257.5 this morning, but not holding my breath that it's sticking around. I was sick as can be yesterday and not feeling much better today. Good thing is my colon is empty ROFL but I'm also dehydrated. Any water I tried putting down just came right back up.

Sipping on some ginger ale today, munching on crackers. We'll see how this goes.