Old 04-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default Purple Team Bridging the Gap Chat

Good Morning Ladiesss!!! This thread is for all and anyone signing up for the new Summer challenge and from the past challenge to jump in and get acquainted before we are placed on our teams and officially start...
I believe in the month(approx) we have left before starting the new challenge, this will be a great place for everyone to encourage one another and offer our support to keep each other focused and looking forward to the summer challenge!
So jump right in! I am looking forward to meeting new members and keeping in touch with our "veterns" haha
Be Blessed!
Angela

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 04-27-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #2  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Welcome to everyone who decides to hang out with us for this next month until we start the summer challenge. Looking forward to getting to know everyone (old and new). Hope everyone has a great week. The sun is out all week here on this little island in South Korea and I'm looking forward to a good week with work and the gym. Talk to you all soon. ~S~
Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #3  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi Shan, what do you do there in S Korea? That's neat!

I'm up again to 200. Geez. No way! Up and down over and over. Blah. Gotta get to low 190s! Well, about to get Emily to Pre K so gotta go but wanted to say hi!

BBl, hugs!
Selina
Old 04-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #4  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Hi guys,

I'm new in this area of the forums and am signed up for the summer challenge. I'm really excited to take part. Currently I am really struggling to get out of the 140's. My weight is constantly flucturating and I keep straying off plan.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone and working alongside you all to reach our goals.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

A quick hello from Canada- where we are expecting snow later tonight- hope the kids soccer game doesn't get cancelled. I was on the red team last challenge. Currently working at staying OP & not gaining weight before the next challenge begins.

Shan enjoy the sun & your workouts!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 04-27-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #6  
MeTime

Selina: I'm an English teacher out here in SK. Been here for a year and a half now. Heading home for my first vacation back to the USA this summer for two months before I return here for another year.

Beauty- Welcome to the forum. So excited for the summer challenge to start. Where are you from?

Mel- Snow! OMG!!! I thought it was spring time. Haha. Everytime I turn around here on the island I think its spring and then all of a sudden the temperature drops and it rains for four days straight. They are saying we won't really have a spring this year but just go straight from winter to summer with like 2 weeks of "spring" time. Workouts are going good. My right knee has been really bothering me but I'm hoping with time it gets better.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'll drop in again later today. That's one reason I love this forum. It helps not only keep me accountable for my weight loss but it is also a very healthy addiction to come to the forum and post everyday. Hahaha!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #7  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congratulations to everyone on the last challenge. I'm not joining the summer challenge as I'm just about at goal and it's not coming off very easily and I'm just going up and down the same pound or two. Hope everyone does amazingly well over the summer and remember to slap on the sun screen (you don't want to render off the fat).
Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #8  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Congratulations to everyone on the last challenge. I'm not joining the summer challenge as I'm just about at goal and it's not coming off very easily and I'm just going up and down the same pound or two. Hope everyone does amazingly well over the summer and remember to slap on the sun screen (you don't want to render off the fat).
Sorry that you will not be with us, but Congratulations on being so close to your goal.You were a good team member and motivator Ms. Retire.

Hiya peeps
Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #9  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! Like BeautyandtheBeast, I'm new to this and signed up for the summer challenge. I'm looking forward to the extra push to get to Onederland!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #10  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Awww Isabella we will miss you something awful. You sure you don't wanna do this challenge and choose a 3 lb goal or something?? Love your optimism and Mercy is right, you ARE a good team member and motivator! Congrats on being so close to goal and good luck with final lbs. Hugsss!!!!

I'm OP today. Just want out of the 190s! It's been over 14 yrs since I was in the 180s. So this summer challenge will be the challenge I hit it! Woohoo!!

Well just got home from my son and daughter's baseball games and they both won and my son hit the one that won them the game!!! Go Rangers and Astros (their team names)

Ok, nite! Be back as soon as I can!
Selina
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #11  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I signed up again - I'll try and be more chatty and check in more often next time. Last challenge was kinda slow for me I only lost like 11 pounds, but I lost a size or two in clothes because of all the training I've been doing which is cool. I'm sorta in-between 10s and 12s now. Was 14 when we started.

Hey so who was the over-all biggest loser? I know it wasn't me!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #12  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Beauty- Welcome to the forum. So excited for the summer challenge to start. Where are you from?
Thanks for the welcome Shan84. I'm from the East Midlands in England.

I started this week off really badly but today I vow to get myself back on track.I need to keep site on the goal!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #13  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hi everyone!!

I'm definitely joining the summer challenge and I need to post my stats up soon... Anyway, really excited about this and other things as well. I got a job!! *squeal* I'm SO excited! I don't know when I will officially start but my new boss already has me working on a grant for my stipend. It's due the end of the week. Gah! It's stressful, but a good stress. I feel really guilty about not working out the last three days. It's just that I've been up most of the night for those three days trying to finish everything I have to do. This is really wrecking havoc on my previously lazy-as-heck lifestyle. Tsk tsk. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope to pop in later on today and this week! to everyone!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #14  
MeTime

Sunni- Congrats on the new job. Woohoo!

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday. It's Wednesday night here in SK. Kind of a bummed day today. I was doing good until I left work. I went to the gym for two hours (1hr bicycle, 1 hr personal trainer). Anyways, the past week or so I have been having really bad pain in my right knee but I just keep ignoring it. But today was really bad. Anyways, I went home and had dinner (special k and banana) and then I started feeling sorry for myself. I totally went to the corner shop and bought 2 ice cream cones, and 2 bars of chocolate and ate all of it. UGH! Really disappointed in myself for doing that. I totally do not want to self sabatoge all the work I'm doing right now. But, I'm moving on. Tomorrow is a new day. On a side note, I tell all of you these things to help keep myself motivated and accountable. It's strange living in another country where most people don't speak English so its nice to know all of you are always here when I need to vent, or just to have someone to chat with. My home away from home, online so to speak.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hey everyone! I got dropped out of the last challenge when my whole world was thrown for a loop. I left my hubby and moved to Ohio in a last minute decision, then he moved up here and we got a new house, etc. so it feels like an all new life now!

The good thing is I joined the Y and am working out 5-6 days a week, 3 days with my sister and a friend, plus we are going swimming and everything with the kids a lot. If I can just get my eating under control I'll be doing better...but the scale is going down and our entire lifestyle is different here, so I'm happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Congratulations to everyone on the last challenge. I'm not joining the summer challenge as I'm just about at goal
Congratulations! You have come a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Hi everyone!!

I got a job!! *squeal* I'm SO excited!
I don't know your situation, but I am happy for you!!!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
I started feeling sorry for myself. I totally went to the corner shop and bought 2 ice cream cones, and 2 bars of chocolate and ate all of it. UGH! Really disappointed in myself for doing that. I totally do not want to self sabatoge all the work I'm doing right now. But, I'm moving on. It's strange living in another country where most people don't speak English so its nice to know all of you are always here when I need to vent, or just to have someone to chat with. My home away from home, online so to speak.
I also do those things sabotaging myself, it is a hard habit to break. I am now trying to replace the self-pity eating with self-pity sweat, not sure if it's always going to work but it has a few times.