Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/290/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone here diagnosed with Cyclothymic Personality Disorder?

Hello.

I was diagnosed with CPD back in 2003. I did take Effexor XR for it which turned out to be too expensive for me to afford anymore so I stopped taking it. Needless to say, I felt like I was run over by a bus! Luckily, I told my doctor who told me that I needed to taper off of it gradually and she put me on Prozac which I can afford. She helped me to taper off Effexor XR gradually by giving me medication samples and helped me to finally get off it safely. I did have a couple of rocky days but the Prozac did help, so I just take Prozac these days.

What I want to know is if there are is anyone here who has also been diagnosed with CPD. I do not find too many people who have been diagnosed with it, so I am looking for others like me that have it who can share their experiences as well as what they have been through.

Saltymama57

Last edited by saltymama57; 04-26-2010 at 08:29 PM.
saltymama57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Well Salty, I have bipolar, which from what I've read is very similar to CPD. I applaud for getting help with this and sticking with it. Be careful with the Prozac because from what I've read sometimes an anti-deressant can cause someone with BP or CPD to swing to the manic side. I always told me doctors that I didn't have the manic sides to my depression and was always treated with anti-depressants. They never worked for me. I found out that the reason was that until I got on Lamictal (a mood stabilizer) I realized that I WAS having mood swings, I just didn't know it because they weren't severe. Thank God for my current pdoc finally figuring it out!! Best of luck to you and you have found a great support community.
mom with issues is offline   Reply With Quote