Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #1  
Fierce Femme

S/C/G: 185/181/120

Height: 5'4"

Default I feel like I'm on the brink...

I really do feel like I'm going insane and about to break down. I had a decent, reasonably productive day and stayed on track food-wise. The semester is winding down for me and I have a final to study for, a presentation to finish (and start, actually), and a short but still stressful paper to write.

It's pretty easy for me to maintain control when I'm home alone during the day. I can focus on myself, take care of our crazy dog (and put him to bed in his crate when he's getting out of control), watch what I eat and count calories...

...And then the boyfriend comes home. I have a lot on my plate right now (tee hee, sorry for the food-related reference); I'm trying to finish up all this crap for school, we're moving very soon and I need to think about packing and redecorating and cleaning, and I am in desperate need of a job. When Boyfriend--let's call him Jake--got in tonight, he started playing video games and inhaling cookies. And of course, now the dog is all insane because we're both home and he wants to play. And I'm trying to focus on my work, but there's all this NOISE--the dog jumping around and barking, the cookie bag crinkling, "Jake" swearing at his games. I know it doesn't sound like much, and seems really silly... But I'm getting frustrated and tense and watching "Jake" eat junk food makes me feel like I just want to break down and binge, or at the very least break my diet.

I know there are solutions, but I'm having difficulty just getting my brain to settle down and focus. Plus I've been sticking to my plan for a couple of weeks and have only seen a tiny loss. It puts me in one of those "what's the point?" moods. Grrrrr.

If only I could get my mind back in the right place...then I could get through this.
BeeOfTheBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/138/110

Height: 5'0"

if you need to clear your mind, a nice evening walk is a good idea. (plus getting some oxygen to the brain helps you think better). you can come back and have a nice cup of tea, then settle down in another room to focus?

Last edited by tomato sunshine; 04-26-2010 at 08:05 PM.
tomato sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote