Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #1  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Default Struggle Club! (A Rant)

I just need a bit of support right now. I was in a bike accident last week and I messed up my knee pretty bad, both the skin and the knee itself. For now, the only exercising I can do is upper body work done sitting down (shadowboxing, weights, etc). This got old really fast for me (especially since it made my arms so sore, and I need my arms for important things like sitting up and moving around). As a result, my workouts for the past several days have been VERY VERY short, i.e. not what anyone would normally call a workout. This is doubly problematic because I can't stand long enough to cook and I feel bad which makes me want to eat bad things. So I'm not exercising, I'm eating out/eating things I shouldn't, and on top of that I've had more alcohol in the past three days than I've had in the past three months (it helps with the pain in a way painkillers can't compete with). There's not even good easy food in the house because I can't go to the grocery store. I'm also disappointed because I had made the decision to start training for a marathon next week, and right now it looks like that's not going to happen.

On top of all this, I had a bad weigh in on Saturday (-0.4). I'm hoping I was just retaining water from the injury (my leg/foot looked like a sausage), but it was still discouraging since I had worked really hard for most of last week, and it was on the heels of two other bad weigh ins (that were my own fault).

Okay, I think I'm done ranting. I'm just feeling worried about starting to exercise again (I haven't missed a day in four months), and eating right so that I can have a good weigh in next week. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ug that sucks! Hope you get healed up soon.

I find when I just cannot work out that I am just very careful with my diet- if I can't lose at least I can maintain or lose a tiny amount. I didn't work out last week because I was ill but I still lost a pound- better than nothing!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Paja, here you go . I'm also a member of your club. I have a leg injury (the area behind my knee) that has totally thrown everything off. It started as a dull pain only when I was exercising, now after icing, stretching, etc. it's a pain I feel more often. Yesterday I went to buy food, and within 15 minutes I had to leave because of the pain. I'm also having a hard time working out. I've been boxing and doing tennis (Wii) but my arms are killing me now because they're so sore. Like beerab said, I'm making sure my food is the best it can be so the damage isn't too bad. Hang in there. Things will get better for both of us (hopefully soon)!
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat! I hurt my toenail last YEAR and it's taking forever to heal. Basically I did something to it (still have no idea what) that caused a HUGE bruise under the nail. So whenever I get the blood pumping it would throb and be painful. So I stopped doing anything-and gained back 10 pounds.

Now it's almost completely normal (yay!) so i thought it would be safe to go running. WRONG! I ended up getting an infected toe and the doctor told me to stop . He said that if I exercise I'll likely get another infection cause I'll sweat. It's so gross! And annoying cause I'd worked myself up to running a mile straight! I was sooo proud of myself. Sigh.

I'm thinking maybe the bike could work for me. Do you have a pool you could use? The chlorine is good for healing and it would be low impact on you.

We just have to start thinking outside the box .
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote