Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #1  

Smile I'm New

Hello,

My name is Libby and I am new to these message boards but not new to the battle of weight loss.

When I was a child up through high school, I was a healthy weight. However due to various medications and life circumstances, I have gained over 100 pounds. I have lost 50 pounds at one point, only to gain it back.

I've tried everything, low carb, shakes, nutrisystem, weight watchers, zone, and many "original" diets of my own. I am still at square one!

I won't lie to myself, I am fat because I love food and I eat too much. However when I diet, it is extremely hard for me to lose weight so my motivation wanes and old habits take over after a week or two.

I have been on my current diet (fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, lean meat, water or tea) for 5 days. I am down about a pound. I have 110 to go. I have a long road ahead of me and to be honest, if I stop posting, it will be like the countless other times I have failed on a diet.

But I have hope, I am feeling good right now and I am walking more and doing yoga. Hopefully this time will be the time because my motivation is that I want to have a baby and my husband and I have tried for 2 years and haven't gotten pregnant.
libbykline1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Welcome Libby!! Congrats on the pound loss! Don't think about how far you have to go. Can you lose 4 more pounds? Then you'll be at 5lbs down! How bout 5 more after that? Just keep thinking about it in 5lb increments and it won't seem like an impossible task (because it isn't!! Visit the Goal section, it is guaranteed to inspire!)

I think your diet sounds wonderfully healthy and it's good you're getting active. If I may offer some advice...allow for mistakes! You will make a mistake at some point. You will see a gain. But you cannot fail if you keep trying! If you have trouble with binging, join us on the Challenge thread, the girls there are very supporting!!

I can't wait to see you around more!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #3  

Foxxy511,

Thank you so much for your encouraging message! Yes, I think I can lose four more pounds I know that each pound loss will make me healthier too, so that is very motivating.

Just got back from a walk with my dog and am going to do some yoga. Yoga really helps me somehow.

Because the last 5 days have shown only slow weight loss, I have decided to cut out artificial sweetners and added salt. I normally love diet soda and like to pour salt on everything, so it can't hurt to cut these things out!

I definitely have trouble with binge eating, I can't eat just a normal amount of fast food, pasta, or bread, I will eat tons and tons of it. So if I cut these foods out completely, I know I will be more successful! I wish I could just eat a reasonable amount, but I know myself, haha.

Your post was so encouraging, thanks so much.
libbykline1013 is offline   Reply With Quote