Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 12:09 AM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and ready to try again...#212

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:17 AM   #2  
working off those pounds

Ugh, today is definitely a fat day ...i hate that gross bloated feeling you get...you feel like...like a piece of ham popping out of your tight jeans and bra...at least that's how i feel, especially during certain times of the month..grrr.

I've made a goal to try and post here every night, and every night I'll try to post my goals for tomorrow...even if they're small...I need to feel like i am actively doing something to get this weight off...cause right now i don't. I'm such a slacker...I was just posting in the "buddy up" thread, talking about how my issue with weight goes far beyond aesthetics. I don't want to lose the weight so I can sport a cute pair if jeans...I want to lose it so i can do every day activities with more ease...like for example something simple like PUTTING SOCKS ON. It's terrible!! I have to sit down to do it, most times Things like that..oh and squeezing into little college desks is always a fun experience...don't even talk to me about airplanes, that's a disaster.

So do any of you have similar feelings about this stuff?? Ugh, i've been really really depressed about it lately. I feel like i am invisible when i walk down the street.

So, anyways ::ahem:: my goal for tomorrow is to stay within my 25 WW points. I need to wean myself off of these crappy habits.

Take care
<3Mel
Old 09-12-2002, 03:27 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hey guys!

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth..........I've just been a little busy the last couple of days. Work has actually kept me entertained and Trey had a football game last night.....which, I would like to mention that he WON! So far his team is undefeated and he is having an awesome time. Food has been so-so. Not really good..........not really bad. I have been drinking my water though and that is a good thing. The only thing I drink at home is water unless I'm having a boca burger or something like that, and I have to have a diet coke with that. I also wanted to let you know I am going to see Tony tomorrow! Woo Hoo! He has a personal appearance in Sevierville, so we are heading that way. Say a prayer that I don't get all tongue-tied like the last time and clam up. I would like to say to 2cute: Welcome back sweetie. I missed ya! To everbody else, I will be back tomorrow night and will post individually. Take care of yourself. I love you all!
Old 09-12-2002, 07:26 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning ladies
Hope all of you are well. My son goes for a test for a job today. Keep your fingers crossed. It is just a temp job but thats better than no job.

Food was not good yesterday I ate 4 choc chip cookies. But they sure were good

Queen, tell Tony I said hello
Where is everyone else. Hope you all have a great day op
I'll try. I have not journalled in quite awhile I know I need to get started again but I can't seem to.

I am still floating around 195
I did buy a size 18 slacks this week and a cute sleeveless sweater with cats on it The store just had one and it was in my size whats the odds of that.

Well I better run eat catch all you later

Old 09-12-2002, 10:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Everyone,

Busy day today, work all day then I have to get an estimate or 2 on the car , go to Sam's Club for pretzels (among other things), go to the mill for dog food, and be at the Y by 7. Somewhere in there I have to fit in a lite dinner. Probably just chicken and a salad.

MARY: OK step #1. Find a blank journal.
#2. Find a pencil.
#3. Put them either on the kitchen table or in
you pocket.
#4. Everytime you plan to eat anything...
WRITE IT DOWN!
See? Isn't that easy?

TINA: Don't get tongue tied this time when you meet Tony. Have a great time tomorrow but be careful around those tempting foods.

BAYLEE: The dress sounds lovely. GREAT IDEA going to an earlier meeting to keep you motivated. I hope your leader is as encouraging as mine.

MEL: Mine was theater seats. I hate being crammed into a seat and elbowing the folks next to me for 2 or 3 hrs. (I'm sure they don't like it either.) It's good to remember some of the reasons, other than health, that we are losing weight for. Thanks for reminding me.

Back to work,
Old 09-12-2002, 01:18 PM   #6  

Angry Hi Ladies!

Just popping in quick before I ATTEMPT to go for a jog this afternoon. I say ATTEMPT because it's definitely hotter here today than yesterday but it's not REALLY hot, so I'm gonna give it a try. Normally I'd just wait until this evening to jog but I have that impromptu girl's night for this weekend's bride at East Side Marios and I have no idea how late that will go... so I wanna jog now to be safe!

Mel... Wow! You know, there are a thousand everyday practical reasons to lose weight! A lot of good ones have already been mentioned (plane seats, movie theatres) but what about....

1) Shopping in general! Nice, quality clothing for plus size women is WAY more expensive than regular clothing... Nice shoes are always too narrow, etc.

2) How about little, weak chairs? Last year, the company I was working for had a camping trip and some of the managers brought all their lawn chairs with them... they were SO small and whimpy looking but they were the only place to sit! Halfway through the campfire, it collasped on me! I was SO embarrased that I could have cried! Now THAT'S a story I've never told anybody before!

Baylee... I THINK my husband said "I won't have a good time unless you get a new dress" because he knows I always have a better time if I feel confident with myself... and USUALLY, if I have a good time, HE has a good time! He's too indulgent with me! If something will make me happy, he wants me to have it. I KNOW I'm pretty lucky! I have to monitor myself because he very rarely would ever mention that we don't have the money or we need something else more... USUALLY I'm very thrifty so it's not a problem but LATELY, needing a whole new wardrobe, I've been spending a fair chunk of change on myself. Then again, I may be justified spending money in this situation! There's nothing better I could do for myself than lose weight and spending money on clothes is a reward!

ANYWAYS, Baylee, good job on going to an earlier WW meeting, if that's what you need to keep you motivated! Do WHATEVER you need to do to make your weight loss goal a reality!

J-Ann... Have an awesome time at the Y tonight! Seems like you will have had a pretty busy day by then!

Tina... Hope you don't faint right in front of Tony! I'm looking forward your post tomorrow!

Okay, okay, I'm going jogging!

TTFN,
Sara
Old 09-12-2002, 08:53 PM   #7  
working off those pounds

Talking

Well I DO feel a heck of a lot better today than I did yesterday...mostly because I am under my points for the day and I don't think I'll be eating anything else :-D My goal for tomorrow is to stay within the points, but also to wean myself onto the water once again. :-D

Baylee -
I know what you mean, I get all determined not to eat more than I should, but then the food is placed in front of me and I think "awww, just this ONCE will be ok..." But I am trying to teach myself to NOT think about food all the time. I am convinced that the only way to lose weight is to gradually adopt changes in your life every day..it's the only way I have ever been able to lose weight, and keep it off (at least for some time ).

Queen -
I don't know who Tony is...bit of confusion there..and Trey? hehe (I guess I'll find out soon enouch, eh?) Uh...you mention water...water is so hard for me to drink when the weather starts to get cold (like now...I live in NH, where the weather is so unpredictable...it was up to the 100's and 80% humidity this past week...yet yesterday it was so windy we had a weather advisory for dangerous winds...trees were going over everywhere...tonight it's supposed to be in the 30's but i digress...)

Mary -
I long for the days where I can fit into an 18 again, LOL...when i get down there again i swear i'll be skinny in comparison to what i am now!!!

j-anne -
OH MY GOSH...THEATER SEATS!!! I didn't even think about that one...they are the absolute worst, actually...I must admit they're even worse than airplanes...I feel like potted meat whenever I have to sit in one of those...::shudder::

Sara -
As for shopping for clothing, I know it's harder to find good clothing...it's hard to find stuff you can WEAR! The "fat people" clothes are usually so nasty and tent like....I prefer to go to Lane Bryant because all the other stores just seem to stock up on sweatpants and loony toon t-shirts.
As for the cheap camp chairs..do you mean those stupid things with like three legs that have no back to them? I remember sitting in one once and all it did was, one of the legs sank into the earth...though i guess if i had sat in it enough it would have broke on me... that's awful!

Well I'm going to get back to my outlander book
Old 09-12-2002, 11:46 PM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys... just taking a break from packing and cooking.
We are leaving in the morning for Roaring River State Park in Missouri... won't be home until Tuesday. We have both side of a connecting duplex rented. All of my kids and grandkids are going. We should have a nice time...if only it doesn't rain on us. They are predicting rain Sat and Sun. Grrrrr
Have a great weekend and see you when I get back.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:19 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Angry Good Morning, all...

How is everyone today?

It is another beautiful day here...only about 65 degrees at the moment, sunny and breezy. PERFECT WALKING WEATHER!! I've already noticed a few trees just barely starting to change color...Oh, I love Fall! Gotta get my butt outside!

You may be seeing a little less of me in the future. After thinking long and hard about this, I have come to the conclusion that I've been going in the wrong direction, weight wise, and a lot of that stems from the fact that I am spending WAY too much time sitting in front of this computer, TALKING about losing weight, but not really doing much about it. Eating cookies while reading your posts WON'T do it, I have discovered!

I will probably check in every couple of days or so. At least this way, I'll have something to report. Theoretically, the time I save by NOT sitting here will be utilized at the gym! Or at the new "Curves" they're putting in right down the road from me. I have GOT to get my act together, and drastically change some of my more sedentary habits.

That's not to say that I won't be dying to know how Tina made out with Tony....or, did Mary's son get the job? or, how was Niagra Falls for Thin? or, how was 2cute's vacation? or, Malia's European jaunt...or how school is going for Michelle...or did Lucky get LUCKY with the UPS guy? Or, did Sara break all records for losing weight? Or how was Baylee's WI? (not Wisconsin) Or did j-ann get the car fixed? Or has Mel been back to the theater? I NEED to know the answers to these questions and more...

I love you all, maybe too much, so I have to cut my time here short...I'm already 20 minutes OVER the time I alloted for myself this AM....SEE WHAT I MEAN?

Take care, gang..."see" you soon...with good news to report, I hope!
Old 09-13-2002, 12:35 PM   #10  

Unhappy My poor, poor little Moses...

Hi gang!

Where the heck IS everyone today? Come out, come out where ever you are!

For the first time in my life, I'm acutally making a 2 second post! My poor little kitty cat, Moses, was very sick all day yesterday and today and I'm taking him to an emergency vet visit in a few minutes. Poor little guy... he's 3 years old and usually as healthy as a horse so he's got me all upset!

I'm be back to post more in a bit!
Sara
Old 09-13-2002, 02:08 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Where is everyone!

Kat I hate to see less of you around here! Have you considered eating an apple at the keyboard instead of those cookies? Hmmmm....what are those darn cookies doing in your house anyway? And...another thing...if you aren't here you BETTER be at the gym or walking 'cause if I find out you aren't and your aren't here then there will be heck to pay girlfriend!! Hey...since its nice and cool out today why don't you just take a walk on down here and visit me! That will burn some calories for sure! I know...I'm such a smart a*s!

Sara I hope your little kitty is ok! Let us know how you make out!

2Cute have a great weekend! Those grandkids should keep you hopping and burning!!

Mel...the water works wonders! I won't allow myself anything else to drink for the day until I have gotten my water except for a cup of coffee on the mornings I work! That way I know for sure I get them in...it has become my beverage of choice now!

Baylee thanks for the info on the ephedrine...I kinda had a feeling it was the bad stuff I heard about. Its a shame because it works wonderfully! I threw it out and wouldn't let John take it either. How did you do at WI (not Wisconsin)....did you weigh today? I'm going to post my results at the end!

Mary those chocolate chip cookies will get you in trouble every time! Just like those redneck boys your mama always told you to stay away from! I married one of them...should have listened to my mama back then! I did finally dump him though!

Tina...where are you....do tell us about Tony now! Hurry back!

Well everyone! I had my WI (not Wisconsin) today and......drum roll please!!! I lost 9.2 lbs....Don't ask how because I have no idea....I do know that I did drink my 8 glasses of water a day AND I stayed within my point range....except one day I went over but I had banked some points so it didn't effect me! I also know that this program WORKS if you work the program...can you imagine what I would have done if I exercised all week? Geeeeshhh...if I could only lose 9 lbs a week I'd be skinny by Christmas! But...I know thats not realistic!

Ok I gotta get my rear off of here...I have a house to clean, some last minute shopping to do for the birthday party, some potato salad to make, deviled eggs to make and then I gotta pick up my little guy from daycare!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-13-2002, 02:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Wow Michelle- 9 lbs. YGG! That's great. Kat-sorry that we won't hear from you as often, but you gotta do what's best for you. So you get out there and exercise. Those pounds will be gone before you know it. Exercise and water are going really well for me. I had a couple of slip ups eating wise, but nothing to major. My weakest time is nighttime. I seem to get the munchies. I'll have to work on that. Sara- sorry to hear about your cat. Hope he feels better soon. Tina- hope you had a good time with Tony and congrats to your son. Baylee- hope you had a good WI. Anyone else I'm forgetting- have a great weekend.
Steph
Old 09-13-2002, 03:13 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Okay, so I'm a BIG FAT LIAR!!! I was busy cleaning all day, sat down for a minute with a huge glass of water, and here I am!! NO cookies though, I swear!

Well, I stayed away for ......hmmm...about 5 hours!?! I can't help it, you guys mean so much to me, I will figure something out...maybe limiting my time to 1 hour a day...we'll see. Oops, I alreasy went over that before, so I'll make this brief...

Michelle, Baylee...YOU GIRLS ARE AWESOME!! MY heroes! It just goes to show how well the points system works...I guess if you actually count the points and eat only within your range...I get it now... Okay, I can do this!!

My water's done, so I'm gonna run...keep up the good work, gang...
Old 09-13-2002, 03:33 PM   #14  

Angry WOW!

BAYLEE AND MICHELLE! Wow! What did you guys do?! Cut off a foot?! CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are off to a GREAT start! Woohoo! This thread is WEIGHT LOSS CENTRAL! I'm so happy for you guys! Keep it up and before you know it, it'll be 50 or 60 or 70 pounds lost! The scale registered me at 65 pounds lost this morning and I'm feeling great!

I just got back from the vet's with my little kitty, Moses. I think he's gonna be alright. I was afraid that he had some kind of urinary tract obstruction (he wasn't peeing at all but he was throwing up lots) but it looks like it's just something like the flu. He got a shot to calm his tummy and the vet put him on some tummy-gentle food for a week. Moses is a HUGE part of mine and my hubby's lives; we love him SO much! I could hardly sleep last night because I was so worried! He's looking better already though! I don't know if I can handle being so worried about ACTUAL HUMAN children! I'll probably be one of those frazzled, hypochrondriac moms when the time comes!

KAT... Well, just don't be TOO much of a stranger! Hmph. In my opinion, posting can be such a HUGE part of weight-loss. It keeps me really focused on what I'm doing! I'm such a grump! I understand you doing what you need to do to lose weight! But, as Michelle said, YOU'D BETTER BE EXERCISING IF YOU'RE NOT HERE! Everybody LOVES you here!

Well, I've got a few chores to do so I'm gonna take off for a bit but I'll be back shortly!

Toodles,
Sara
Old 09-13-2002, 07:44 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Phew...I needed to come here for a break! I love entertaining but I always wait till the last minute to do stuff. I made the deviled eggs and the potato salad. Now the hard part is keeping John from eating them tonight! I did up all the dishes, got all the rest of the food I needed for tomorrow and put it away. I just remembered I need to go in the closet and find the plastic cutlery and get that out. I do need to make up the little loot bags for the kids. I got those little junky toys and some bob the builder fruit snacks and of course a little candy to put in them. I like doing that kind of stuff. I still have laundry to fold and put away, and a million and one toys to pick up and then dust the living room. In the morning I will clean the bathroom after we are all showered and dressed and Andrew and I have to go pick up his Bob the Builder cake oh darn...I just remembered. I still have a cake to bake! I ordered 1/4 sheet cake and I was going to bake a cake to make sure we had extra....we have like 24 adults and about 7 kids who say they are coming. John is going for a job interview tomorrow at 8:30 then he is picking up his nephew and his son...he doesn't have a car anymore...then they are all going to Jersey to pick up John's dad so he can be here for the party. He lives with one of his daughters. He had a stroke about 10 years ago and he can't drive anymore. So....needless to say...John is outside cleaning up the patio, the table, the yard and the carport as I sit here and rambling on to all of you about my stuff! Boy....you all must be saying so what Michelle!

Well....Sara I am glad your kitty is going to be ok. I know how you feel. I have always had a dog who was my faithful companion. She was like my child! She was a Keeshound named Quiche. She went everywhere with me and she was my protector. I had to put her down the week I moved to Pennsylvania back in 1998. She was so ill. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do! But...my son...he is my life! And its unexplainable how you feel about your own babies....I cry when he cries, I cry when he is happy and I cry when I have to leave him with someone else. I love that kid more than anything in this world. All I can say is that its AWESOME!

Baylee Baylee Baylee....congratulations! You did a wonderful job! Doesn't that give you the motivation to try and get that off again next week!!! I always aim for the same! It gives me something to work for all week long! I can't wait to get back on the scale again when I am having a great week! I just need to get out walking now. The weather is suppose to be cooler all this week so I should plan to hit the road!

Well I better get off here and finish up what I need to do! I'll catch up to you all later!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread