Old 04-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Default Weight Watchers Buddy

Hey All!

Ok so i know there are many other posts out there for people asking for weight loss buddies, so i figured i would start another one.

I know from personal experience that there are some days where you really need some encouragement and just someone there to push you. My younger sister is a twig and eats snickers bars all day, so cant really depend on that!

But i would love to start a group email with about 6-10 people who are willing to keep in touch throughout their weight loss journey. Whether its once a week, or even 5 times a day.

A little bit about me...I'm 25, live in IL, a student studying for my boards. I have a little over 75 pounds to lose. And I am constantly checking my mail or on my computer, Im very easy to stay in touch with.

If anyone is really interested please either reply back here or PM me and hopefully we can continue our weight loss journey together!
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/155/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm in! I can be your resident "senior citizen"! LOL! I am turning 60 next month. I only have about 35lbs. to lose, but it still seems like a major undertaking to me! Plus, being older and having a slower metabolism makes it harder. I am semi-retired and live in Wyoming. In my younger days I was one of those people that could eat anything and remain skinny. I was on Atkins for 3 weeks before switching over to WW. I lost about 7lbs., but OMG, I got so sick of bacon and eggs and missed the carbs. I thought it would be a quick weight loss, but after the first week or two Atkins is just as slow as every other diet. At least on WW you get some variety! I was on WW over a year ago and lost 30lbs.! However, I went crazy and gained it all back.

I think starting a group is a great idea! Any ideas for a name for our group?
Old Schmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #3  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I have been thinking of joining weight watchers. And although I haven't made a decision yet, I could really use a buddy and some support on this journey. I am 34, and live in MO. I have 65 pounds to lose total... but my first goal is to lose 45 pounds. I want to take it 5 pounds at a time.

Hope you both are doing well.

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 04-25-2010 at 03:39 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #4  

SweetCurves32: You will like WW! It's a good program and teaches you how to eat in a healthy way. You are smart to take it 5lbs. at a time. I had a bad weekend! I know I went over my point allowance! But...it's Monday and I'll just get right back on it. One thing I learned from the meetings is to forgive yourself when you mess up and learn from it!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #5  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Count me in!

I am 23, married with an adorable toddler, work full time, and enjoy my busy life! I would like to lose 50 lbs by November, and then try to add to our family

I really love WW, it's only been one week, but it's really easy to follow. It teaches you to make the right choices, but allows you the freedom from guilt if you want to indulge!

I really need the accountability and would love to offer my support and what little advice I have to offer! I have no ideas on group names, but keep me posted.

Here's to a great week!
Losing It In Colorado
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #6  
Losing It In Colorado

Old Schmoopy: You're advice is just what I needed this morning! I also had a bad weekend, and was very discouraged and disappointed with myself. You're right, get back on track and move on. I am ditching the guilt, and feel a lot better now. Thanks!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #7  

Hey ladies! Great!! I was thinking about having a little group and chatting via email...its a little more private, we can really get to know each other, and i always get notifications sent to my phone when i get an email. So whoever wants to be involved....whether its to chat, get to know eat other, support, suggestions, accountability and especially the days where we feel like giving up. Just PM me with your email and we can add you in! =)
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #8  
Sammy's Mommy

S/C/G: 291.4/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I want in! My name is Sara and I am 26. I am a single mom to a wonderful almost 7 year old boy. I just applied to nursing school (again) and will find out next month if I got in! I have been on WW since Jan. and have found myself slipping lately since my loss has slowed. I would love to have some buddies to talk to! I have a little more to lose than you guys, about 130 lbs still, but I would love the support and to give support!
orcagrrrl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #9  

I'm back on track after my little weekend "indulgence". Bought some new walking shoes yesterday and can't wait to get out there! It's cold here, but I'm going to try it anyway. My husband is down 13lbs! I hate him...he doesn't even try...just eats what I fix him! Tonight we're having grilled salmon...mmmm!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #10  
Losing It In Colorado

Good Morning Ladies,

Sounds like we all had a rough weekend! I didn't even count my Points on Saturday, I know I really should have but I don't want to see the damage So, instead I have decided to just assume all my Bonus Points are gone and stay within my daily Points for the rest of this week. I really hope this group gets going and we can help each other through those weekends & tough days

I was soooo thirsty yesterday. I drank over 100 oz. of water. I am starting to think that I was dehydrated and that affected my WI. Hoping for a better number this week!

Old Schmoopy: I LOVE grilled salmon. YUM! Sounds like a delicious dinner. DH won't eat fish, so I don't eat it as ofter as I should. Enjoy! Good luck with you walk today!

Kneed2lose: I sent you a PM, let me know if it didn't go through (I am still getting used to this site!).

Good luck to all today, we will do great!
Losing It In Colorado

Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality. ~Ralph Marston
Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/357/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies! I could use some support too. I am 26 with a 6 year old in kindergarten. I started WW a week ago today (online only) and have lost 4 pounds..but still have a zillion to go (196 to be exact lol). I work online, from home, so I am sitting here most of the day with instant messenger always on and e-mails pop up when they come in.
newself09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #12  

Hello ladies! i cant wait to get started, im just waiting for a few other people to respond with their emails!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #13  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

I'd love to join in too!
I'm 41 and and have two kids - a 1 year old and a 3 year old - I've just returned to work a few months ago and joined a WW meeting I can attend on my lunch hour!... I'm in week 4 although I missed my weighin today as I had a rush to do at work... so some extra support would be great!

I'd like to get rid of this "baby" weight for good now that I'm finished having children... I'd like to loose another 25 lbs or so....
skyootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #14  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Schmoopy View Post
SweetCurves32: You will like WW! It's a good program and teaches you how to eat in a healthy way. You are smart to take it 5lbs. at a time. I had a bad weekend! I know I went over my point allowance! But...it's Monday and I'll just get right back on it. One thing I learned from the meetings is to forgive yourself when you mess up and learn from it!
Well, I did it! I made the leap and joined weight watcher online today!
That is great advice! I need to learn to be more forgiving to myself when I make mistakes.
I am looking forward to being a part of this group!

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 04-27-2010 at 09:53 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #15  
Losing It In Colorado

Hey Girls,

I am so excited to see this group growing! I didn't exercise last night, I was exhausted, super busy day. I have been OP everyday this week (minus Saturday) and am really hoping for a good number at WI.

Anyone have any advice on water retention??? My hands have been swollen, lips are dry and cracking, etc. since Monday. I have downed 100 oz of water Monday and Tuesday, and still no improvement. I am watching my salt intake, and it's not TOM, I don't think?! I am really nervous that it is going to affect my WI, and I don't want to be disappointed as I have worked hard. I did read that exercising and being sore (which I am) can cause water retention, especially the muscle soreness; anyone else have problems with this? I can't even spin my wedding ring

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great week! Good luck today!
Losing It In Colorado