WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 02:13 PM   #1  

Question smart ones meals, good or bad?

Hey everyone..I am eating 1-2 smart ones meals aday, i dont have much time to cook, and i was wondering if all the sodium in them slows weight loss??? Am i eating to many of them? I drink between 100 and 140 ounces of water a day. i have lost 2 pounds the first week, and this is my second week. i am just wondering what you guys think your help is appreciated.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I limit the number of pre-packaged dinners because they contain sodium. What I try to do is make meals ahead and freeze them or have them in the fridge. You tend to get "more" for less points when you make the stuff yourself and you're not getting the extra sodium. Sometimes the added sodium can hinder your weight loss efforts but everyone is different.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:01 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink not sure but.....

Hi. I read somewhere that 2500-3000mg of sodium is an acceptable amount to have in a healthy diet. Sodium is everywhere and is in most foods. Alot of pre-pkg'd foods are loaded in them......I usually look for other signs; such as.....are my rings feeling tighter, or my shoes pinch a little. You can go crazy calculating all the numbers but since it is listed keep track for a couple of days and take it from there. I hope this is helpful and good luck!!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:16 AM   #4  

Welcome Jetersgirly~ I also eat a lot more prepackeged dinners than some people. I haven't had any big problems, and you are drinking alot of water so that should help in your instance.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:27 AM   #5  

Hi I'm new here...I ate quite a few pre pkged meals when I lost last time...the thing is are you gonna eat them forever? Eventually we do have to learn to eat real food,.....not sure if that is an issue for you...it is for me!

Have a good sunday everyone!

Elizabeth
Old 10-21-2002, 06:53 AM   #6  

I only use prepackaged meals in a pinch. There are too many ingredients in the pkgs. that I can't pronounce. In the past, I used to rely on them, but I stopped a long time ago and they don't taste good to me anymore. Now I eat real food. I usually make up a batch of 0 point soup, varying my veggies each time, and when I want a quick satisfying meal I just throw it in a pot.
Closed Thread