Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Default I went for a walk

After months of being frustrated by a knee injury it's finally feeling almost back to normal and since I've recently started watching my eating habits much closer I decided to go out and take a walk around the neighborhood last night. I was feeling so good about myself, the weather is nice and I'm starting to see a few pounds dissapear, my clothes are getting loser and that's when it happened. As I'm rounding the corner I see a younger couple (I'm in my early 50's) out walking just ahead of me at a leisurely pace. Even though I currently am not moving all that quickly I soon reached them and slowly passed them and that's when I hear it. She started giggling and saying "OMG look how huger her feet are, she looks like Sasquach"

What on this earth would possess someone to say such a thing! And within earshot where she knows I HAD TO HEAR HER SAY IT. Fortunately I was almost home, acted like I didn't hear it and went inside and sat down. Not crying on the outside but definately a little tore up inside.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #2  

I can't stand society today! I think in the '80's the " be unique" and " Don't care what anyone thinks but yourself" campaigns went way too far!

People are so self centered and inconsiderate they all need a good swift kick! I hear it is our "youth today" BS! I find more 20 & 30 somethings ruder than anyone else.

I am sorry someone did that to you, no one should be put through that. EVER!

I am also sorry you didn't have it in you to turn right around and say " the better to kick your *** with my dear'.

Congratulations to you on the weight loss and the confidence going up! Keep the confidence getting higher and higher and the weight lower and lower. Don't let that little sh!t take away what you worked hard to have! FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Thanks Athene, I too wish I'd been able to say that. I was so shocked I was speechless.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I really don't know what society is coming to. People just don't care about others anymore.

KEEP WALKING!!!!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Don't let that dumbass get you down. You've made incredible progress and that is truly what matters. I like to think that karma will get that person in the end. Keep on walking!
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

My goodness, what a ridiculous thing for someone to say. I find that when people nit pick and criticize tiny details about others, especially about people they don't know, they are just very self conscious. Maybe this woman was threatened or felt insecure in front of her boyfriend/significant other and felt the need to put another woman down to make herself appear superior. Either way, I'm sure you can tell the comment is absolutely ridiculous and just plain silly.

Of course it never feels good to be criticized, so I understand how you must be feeling. Just know that something SO insignificant as supposedly large shoe size won't minimize your quality of life, whereas her insecurity and overall rudeness/unpleasantness is something she must live with everyday

Hugs!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #7  
one single step at a time

S/C/G: 305/197/150

Height: 5'5

that girl sounds like a jerk but i know the feeling...im a big girl and have hard time moving so walking is the best i can do momentarily....and when i do go for my walks i hear the snickers and laughs but its okay cause i know one day im gonna be a flower...and karma's a B#tch ...excuse the language but it really bothers me when people are stupid like that...like i said karma...one day someone will laugh at her or worse....keep your head up i know i am
danitzastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #8  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Some people bewilder me. Even if your feet were the size of canoes, which I'm sure they're not, who says something like that??! Who even looks at other people's feet??
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote